Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishi

Jul 29, 2019
Do a full fix (and do it fast! Before even more progress is made on all those worlds). Also, if you want to be nice, provide a patch file and some instructions for people to try and fix their broken worlds using mIDas Gold (https://code.google.com/p/midas-gold/) to possibly avoid a world restart.

KingMRano

Jul 29, 2019
My vote is for a full fix. I've been playing Minecraft long enough that I've become use to the idea of losing worlds due to "updates/fixes", so this is nothing new or terrifying to me (this just pushes me to using Unleashed for my next world now instead of DW20 pack).

PHSexperience

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix, better to restart now and have it fixed than have to fix it again later and have to restart after days of work.

Mckma

Jul 29, 2019
Band-Aid seems more reasonable since a new pack is likely coming for 1.6 (so a full fix could be implemented then).

Though the packs haven't been out too long, so resets probably wouldn't hit too hard....

Thanks for the quick notification on what's up. Stuff happens and hopefully no ones' giving y'all a hard time. I certainly appreciate the work everyone puts into it for no pay!

Reactions: Jaeden

Jaeden

Jul 29, 2019
Band-Aid seems more reasonable since a new pack is likely coming for 1.6 (so a full fix could be implemented then).

Though the packs haven't been out too long, so resets probably wouldn't hit too hard....

Thanks for the quick notification on what's up. Stuff happens and hopefully no ones' giving y'all a hard time. I certainly appreciate the work everyone puts into it for no pay!

I agree with the 1.6 stuff, but if you go look at other stuff Slow has posted, any of the 1.6 content packs wont be out for quite awhile still.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
As far as Im concerned I dont want to restart my world. But then its only myself and my son on the server atm. I would much rather have the whole thing fixed so that we dont have to have restarts in the future. It is extremely annoying to get so far along and then have to restart.

As far as the mod packs are concerned as far as Im aware they are seperate so the config files can be different. They dont hold the same mods anyway so why bother to keep the configs the same? In my knowledge you wouldnt be able to easily start a world in one modpack then use it for another mod pack?

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
I am always of the opinion fix it right fix it once.

No ill will from this user to those who made the mistake. ^_^ Mistakes happen don't beat yourselves up too much.

Reactions: JasonZZ

alexschrod

Jul 29, 2019
So, if a full fix is done, and I want to keep my existing world, all I would have to do is use a program that converts IDs 170->254, 169->255 and 254->252, right? Are all the other IDs going to stay the same? Or is everything going to get shuffled around, and it'll be a lost cause?

Nopkar

Jul 29, 2019
I won't lie, I'd be heartbroken over the loss of my current world if it comes to that. I haven't been to the end or promised land so it shouldn't effect my world right? If not then great, full fix! if so, oh well, full fix. No telling when 1.6 packs are released so i'd rather have everything squared by the time those launch then something worse happening.

you're doing a great job guys. these things happen and honestly this is just a game and it's a hobby for most people. we'll get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.