Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by slowpoke, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

1. Band Aid Fix and try to preserve existing worlds

8.3%
  2. Full fix which may require a restart.

91.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphe

dolphe New Member

I'm playing the Direwolf pack but prefer a full fix, better now than later.

2. TfB Crimix

TfB Crimix New Member

I prefer the full fix. even if my world have to restart. It is only a game

Minken likes this.
  3. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 New Member

i'm hoping the fix comes soon i want to play again :)

4. nobleone

nobleone New Member

Might as well restart my main base over run with wisps.

5. Grasdaggl

Grasdaggl New Member

I think it is a good idea to keep the IDs in sync and for us it wouldn't be too hard for our server to make a full whipe. But anyways, isn't it possible to write a converter for the old worlds to match the new configs? So we can convert it once on the serverside and the clients don't have to worry about the Versions.

6. zedkar

zedkar New Member

Full fix which may require a restart.

I think it's better this way, i know it's a pain for the server, we win in the long run.

All the best o/

Minken likes this.
  7. Channing

Channing New Member

Have never posted on this site before (actually forgot my password and had to reset it), but chose to do so in this instance to state that, even though I've spent an incredible amount of time building everything over after deciding to move here from the Ultimate pack, I still believe the that the full fix is the way to go. From the way it sounds, it will have to happen eventually to keep the modpack up to date, and I think now would be a better time than later when even more time is put into a faulty pack.

Would this also fix the issue I noticed with walnut/chestnut trees dropping focus lenses and some wierd purple dust I can't pick up?

8. KnightOwl

KnightOwl New Member

Any news on the release for the fix?

Ghoul159 likes this.
  9. mee8a

mee8a New Member

I Found a glitch where you cannot place levers on rednet cable, i always crash.

dr1tz likes this.
  10. Werner Figueiredo

Werner Figueiredo New Member

man, you could at least give us a prediction

11. Vaupell

Vaupell New Member

Vote full fix,

I wont be updating a current server anyway until after 1.6ish we need those horses ;) #Roleplaying
    Hopefully then (after 1.6ish) sometime in 2014 the ID's will be ok ;)

12. seanbrockest

seanbrockest New Member

I'm sorry, but i dont understand what's going on here. Could someone dumb it down for me?

I run a direwolf20 1.5 server on 1.1.1 and i'm thinking of updating it to 1.1.2

Should i wait until this is resolved before I do that? My server will never be converted to unleashed, it will always be a direwolf20 1.5 server.

I should also note that my server has not yet spawned any holy dirt or ender blocks.

13. totallypostponed

totallypostponed New Member

I don't mind restarting. Do it all the time, really.

14. Equitime77

Equitime77 New Member

Dont update yet because then you wont be able to get into your world

15. cykonetic

cykonetic New Member

Mistakes happen. Fix it right the first time.

16. Seraph089

Seraph089 New Member

You can get in to worlds after the update if you go change the config to the old IDs (or downgrade BoP). It's pretty crash-tastic afterwards though, at least for me

17. Ali Z

Ali Z New Member

I fully agree with the idea of a full fix of the mod packs. Quality of play is what I'm sure brings many of us to FTB, and has certainly kept me around. As such, and in order to truly respect all the work all these devs do, I think our patience is the least we can give.

18. Lienbt

Lienbt New Member

Second option, Fix it completely.

19. Ghoul159

Ghoul159 New Member

i think the most people agree that its important to fix it completly, but im interested in the when its ready im not comlpaining just curious
    (cant wait to play agin...) ;)

Droideka30 likes this.
  20. Lieutenant Damn

Lieutenant Damn New Member

I can't imagine that the band-aid fix will be permanent, so let's just fix the problem here before it gets possibly worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.