Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grasdaggl

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is a good idea to keep the IDs in sync and for us it wouldn't be too hard for our server to make a full whipe. But anyways, isn't it possible to write a converter for the old worlds to match the new configs? So we can convert it once on the serverside and the clients don't have to worry about the Versions.

zedkar

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix which may require a restart.

I think it's better this way, i know it's a pain for the server, we win in the long run.

All the best o/

Reactions: Minken

Channing

Jul 29, 2019
Have never posted on this site before (actually forgot my password and had to reset it), but chose to do so in this instance to state that, even though I've spent an incredible amount of time building everything over after deciding to move here from the Ultimate pack, I still believe the that the full fix is the way to go. From the way it sounds, it will have to happen eventually to keep the modpack up to date, and I think now would be a better time than later when even more time is put into a faulty pack.

Would this also fix the issue I noticed with walnut/chestnut trees dropping focus lenses and some wierd purple dust I can't pick up?

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
Vote full fix,

I wont be updating a current server anyway until after 1.6ish we need those horses ;) #Roleplaying
Hopefully then (after 1.6ish) sometime in 2014 the ID's will be ok ;)

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but i dont understand what's going on here. Could someone dumb it down for me?

I run a direwolf20 1.5 server on 1.1.1 and i'm thinking of updating it to 1.1.2

Should i wait until this is resolved before I do that? My server will never be converted to unleashed, it will always be a direwolf20 1.5 server.

I should also note that my server has not yet spawned any holy dirt or ender blocks.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but i dont understand what's going on here. Could someone dumb it down for me?

I run a direwolf20 1.5 server on 1.1.1 and i'm thinking of updating it to 1.1.2

Should i wait until this is resolved before I do that? My server will never be converted to unleashed, it will always be a direwolf20 1.5 server.

I should also note that my server has not yet spawned any holy dirt or ender blocks.

Dont update yet because then you wont be able to get into your world

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Dont update yet because then you wont be able to get into your world
You can get in to worlds after the update if you go change the config to the old IDs (or downgrade BoP). It's pretty crash-tastic afterwards though, at least for me

Ali Z

Jul 29, 2019
I fully agree with the idea of a full fix of the mod packs. Quality of play is what I'm sure brings many of us to FTB, and has certainly kept me around. As such, and in order to truly respect all the work all these devs do, I think our patience is the least we can give.

Ghoul159

Jul 29, 2019
i think the most people agree that its important to fix it completly, but im interested in the when its ready im not comlpaining just curious
(cant wait to play agin...) ;)

Reactions: Droideka30

Lieutenant Damn

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine that the band-aid fix will be permanent, so let's just fix the problem here before it gets possibly worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.