Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkphoenix260

Jul 29, 2019
Will I only have to change the config files shown in order to keep my servers world or am I going to have to change the config on all 95 mods?.

Darkphoenix260

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... will I be able to update to the fixed version without any problem if I haven't updated to 1.1.2. My server is still using version 1.0.0 since when the modpack was first available there were many problems with it.

Mini_Squatch

Jul 29, 2019
My old world for the 1.4.7 direwolf gets annihilated if i try to transfer it over (hopefully this is already being worked on, as it falls under a similar category) but i'll just restart a new game to get refamiliarized with the new pack, and i don't mind losing a test world if i can get my old world synced to the new pack.

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
Update

I just loaded my direwolf20 1.1.1 server world into Unleashed 1.1.2 and besides some AE items missing and a few block id changes(i suddenly have 148 enderchests in my me system) all our buildings look fine and I just opped and fixed the ME cables and crafting system. But ill let you know if i see any other major problems.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Bite the bullet.
Just lets get it done without further delay....
Allthough it's nice to be asked, imo An executive decision should be made one way or the other when situations like this arise in the shortest possible time. Instead the delay just means endless internet speculation and uncertainty that does the FTB brand and it's users no favours at all.

Mistakes happen. That's life.
The important thing is how quickly you recover from them.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I wouldn't care about a world restart, as my "main survival world" is still in the punching trees phase. I intentionally avoided making progress with the new packs because I figured they'd be buggy and my stuff might get messed up.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Just do it. Do it now, do it quickly. I would much rather lose my progress now than get a few weeks down the line and lose that much more when it hits the point that there's no option but to do a full fix due to something like a new mod being added.

Reactions: joshfeb06

joshfeb06

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix plz..... like wolfpax181 said

Just do it. Do it now, do it quickly. I would much rather lose my progress now than get a few weeks down the line and lose that much more when it hits the point that there's no option but to do a full fix due to something like a new mod being added.

So i just got my quarry running on magmatic engines... also my nether portal leads straight inside a nether fortress.... its a shame but i guess risks have to be taken. I'll stop playing DW20 for a bit until the full fix is done...

EDIT: also '... backdating relevant mods...' just puts me off as the whole idea of getting DW20 1.5 was because of the updated stuff....

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
Full Fix Pls, and as to it happening in the first place, no biggy, shit happens, move along, thanks for making the packs and letting us use them for free.

Arkados

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to throw a band aid on there while doing a full fix? Since a full fix could possibly take a while.

revmaillet

Jul 29, 2019
I know my voice in this vote wont matter but I play minecraft/FTB 6-10 hrs a stretch...I would rather make a new world than have problems later on down the road... Bandaids dont solve the problem... so please full fix for me

HiddenTruth2012

Jul 29, 2019
I believe a full fix would be the better choice. In my case it wouldn't affect much. I just started my DW20 and Unleashed as is... so nice catch guys. We all make mistakes. Full fix now; no hassles later. :)

Velocikitty

Jul 29, 2019
If there is a band aid fix, why not put out a download for the band aid configs, that way people who don't want to deal with a world reset can use those; while people who don't care, can then use the pack directly?

Hero_of_OLD96

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix is, in my opinion, a better option because instead of just going halfway by un-syncing the two currently used updated packs. While you might lose World Data, it wont be that difficult to recover from. Plus, it can always give you a challenging edge to start over.

HoratioXXIV

Jul 29, 2019
If a full fix were undertaken would the be an estimate on how long it would take (I don't want to get too involved in my world build otherwise)

Camerous

Jul 29, 2019
Do a full fix and get it over with so more things don't go wrong later that make us have to restart anyway but with even more progress lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.