Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopkar

Jul 29, 2019
Technically, yes. If you open your Unleashed config file you should see a folder for each of the mods in DW20, Unhinged and Unleashed. You should be able to mix and match by putting GT or DimDoors in Unleashed. However you cannot pull mods from DW20 or Unleashed into Unhinged and have them work. Unhinged has different Id's.

I won't lie, I was just talking today with a friend about all the cool little mods unleashed had that I wish we could use in the direwolf pack. we'd prefer to work with unleashed but his computer just can't handle it for some reason but runs fine with direwolf. This new revelation has made the heartache of a lost world much more bearable and worthwhile! all the little mods ftw! thanks guys, doin a good job :p

ossipetz

Jul 29, 2019
hello

thanks a lot for creating this modpack!

We tried an upgrade of 1.4.7 to 1.5.2. most things seem ok (the map we build on is quite old so its hard to check everything).

What we noticed is that some blocks are missing: there are no basalt and marble blocks anymore (I think they come from the redpower mod?)

from the mod list in the launcher there are some removed mods (some probably only renamed):

Code:
ExtrabiomesXL
GraviSuite
IC2 NuclearControl
MFFS -> MFFS Calclavia ?
NEI -> NEIAddons ?
Redpower 2
Reliquary
Thaumcraft 3 -> ThaumCraft ?
Thaumicbees -> ThaumicTinkerer ?
Wireless Redstone - CBE
XyCraft

the list is probably not complete. for example TwilightForest is not in the 1.4.7 list but it's there - I saw it :)

whats is the strategy for upgrades? can missing blocks be replaced?

xCouzchat7

Jul 29, 2019
hello

thanks a lot for creating this modpack!

We tried an upgrade of 1.4.7 to 1.5.2. most things seem ok (the map we build on is quite old so its hard to check everything).

What we noticed is that some blocks are missing: there are no basalt and marble blocks anymore (I think they come from the redpower mod?)

from the mod list in the launcher there are some removed mods (some probably only renamed):

Code:
ExtrabiomesXL
GraviSuite
IC2 NuclearControl
MFFS -> MFFS Calclavia ?
NEI -> NEIAddons ?
Redpower 2
Reliquary
Thaumcraft 3 -> ThaumCraft ?
Thaumicbees -> ThaumicTinkerer ?
Wireless Redstone - CBE
XyCraft

the list is probably not complete. for example TwilightForest is not in the 1.4.7 list but it's there - I saw it :)

whats is the strategy for upgrades? can missing blocks be replaced?

Basalt and Marble are from Redpower 2.

ExtrabiomesXL, Redpower 2, and Xycraft are missing mods.

Thaumic Bees was renamed to Magic Bees

Thaumcraft is still Thaumcraft.

NEI and Wireless Redstone are in the pack.

GraviSuite, IC2 Nuclear Control, and Xeno's Reliquary are only in FTB Unleashed.

GLaDTheresCake

Jul 29, 2019
Great work all, and the time it took for me is neglect-able (what was it like 4 days?). All the people who are always wining about ETA's are just ignorant and inpatient children, you guys are doing great.

Many thanks for the awesome modpacks and keep up the great work!

Reactions: dr1tz

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
I am confused. Someone has stated 1.1.2 Direwolf is now working correctly? Did you guys just reupload a 1.1.2 verson fixing the configs client and server versions? I was expecting to see a 1.1.3 version.

My question is can i now use the 1.1.2 server version and all item IDs will be correct or am i to wait for a 1.1.3 version? I am not worried about a wold reset as we are coming from 1.4.7 version and ARE resetting our world anyways.

Werner Figueiredo

Jul 29, 2019
I am confused. Someone has stated 1.1.2 Direwolf is now working correctly? Did you guys just reupload a 1.1.2 verson fixing the configs client and server versions? I was expecting to see a 1.1.3 version.

My question is can i now use the 1.1.2 server version and all item IDs will be correct or am i to wait for a 1.1.3 version? I am not worried about a wold reset as we are coming from 1.4.7 version and ARE resetting our world anyways.

No man, its avaliable under a private pack. Read the update from Slowpoke

Update: DW20 is available for testing on the launcher under the private pack code Iwanttorestartmyworld , Using this pack before a tool is released to convert worlds will require a world reset. This pack brings DW20 ID's in line with Unleashed ID's. DW20 and Unleashed now use Master Configs. This means they have configs for all the mods in Unleashed ,Unhinged and DW20. You should be able to take a mod from Unhinged or DW20 and put it in Unleashed etc. Unhinged does not use the Master configs, you will not be able to put a mod from Unleashed or DW20 into Unhinged and have it work. Please post any bugs we need to look at in the bug report thread.

Tracyf

Jul 29, 2019
Where do we download the fixed server pack from. The launcher download looks good. Thanks for your work

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
the 1.1.3 version is on the launcher under the private pack code Iwanttorestartmyworld

K thanks, i will wait till it has pushed to the official launcher. It is too confusing as it is for some of my players just to figure out how to get started with FTB, telling them to manually add private packs would make it more confusing for them. Hope it hits the official launcher soon.

Tracyf

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be such a noob at this but we will be switching our server tonight to either Direwolf's or Magicians Cookbook (our players vote). I can see that BOP has to be enabled in the clients, how do ensure it is installed on the server pack? We rent a server from Area52

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to be such a noob at this but we will be switching our server tonight to either Direwolf's or Magicians Cookbook (our players vote). I can see that BOP has to be enabled in the clients, how do ensure it is installed on the server pack? We rent a server from Area52
If its anything like the server I am running through, you can just remove the ".disabled" from behind the biomes o'plenty mod file in the mods folder, then start the server

Rich Dellaripa

Jul 29, 2019
the 1.1.3 version is on the launcher under the private pack code Iwanttorestartmyworld

Perhaps my brain is fried, but when I do the pack unlock, I get a 1.0.0 version. Which is confusing because that makes two 1.0.0 versions I have (one is the older beta). Is it just me?

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps my brain is fried, but when I do the pack unlock, I get a 1.0.0 version. Which is confusing because that makes two 1.0.0 versions I have (one is the older beta). Is it just me?
It technically is the right one, if you look through the mods, they're updated... etc. I don't know why they didn't name it something better.

Buckets_Monkey

Jul 29, 2019

The first mod should be "Additional Buildcraftobjects" for the new one. I had the same issue thing, and loaded the wrong one first.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
you also have to
If its anything like the server I am running through, you can just remove the ".disabled" from behind the biomes o'plenty mod file in the mods folder, then start the server

also a must : set the world type in the server.properties file

it needs to be set to BIOMESOP or your world will be plain vanilla

cykonetic

Jul 29, 2019

Even more confusing, if you want to muck with the configs, its in the DW20_1_5_Beta folfder

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
so, is the missing world rescue tool now delaying the new pack from being recommended?
if that's the case, i'd say forget the tool, or let those who want it ( 8% ) wait for it, but not all others who are fine with restarting.

i'd prefer if the pack would go recommended, so we could get our users back on our server without any extra hassle for them.
we need our users, their votes and donations, to keep the server alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.