Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMason

Jul 29, 2019
Very sorry if i seemed pushy or obnoxious, i have read the post and understand the situation better now, i was simply making a suggestion about a type of ETA i thought was easy to give, but obviously since the scenario is that even the testers don't know how long it will take them, ill happily sit it out until you are finished. Again, thank you for your efforts!

Alupe

Jul 29, 2019
Update 8/7/2013 : The new packs are ready for community testing however right now we are having issues uploading them to the repo (server) the launcher accesses. This is something we have no control over. When we can get them on the launcher we will.

Take your time, seriously. Don't give in because the minority are impatient, but cheers for the update!

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
Update 8/7/2013 : The new packs are ready for community testing however right now we are having issues uploading them to the repo (server) the launcher accesses. This is something we have no control over. When we can get them on the launcher we will.

thanks for the update i knew you guys wouldn't get my hopes up thanks for your guys continued hard work :)

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for all of your hard work :)

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
And about the old worlds? Just login and play after update or must do something?
Did you read jadedcat's message? It says: "… read for community TESTING …"
Testing means, you have to experiment with it yourself and perhaps publish your result.s If you are uncomfortable with testing, wait until the test phase is over.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Giving that IDs are getting changed and Also Slow's post said that as well blocks may change into something else or just disappear.

Best suggestion with this fix is to start a whole new world. =)

The second is a proper repair, getting DW20 pack back to where it should be, however there would be enough changes done to IDs. that world restarts may be needed.

Reactions: Flipz

William345678

Jul 29, 2019
S
So is it fixed so we can use it

ShadowsOfGames

Jul 29, 2019
For those who want a quick fix, you can disable Ender Storage and Thaumic Tinkerer to get it to work again. (Not sure if this temporary fix has already been posted, 19 pages is a lot to go through.)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

Just because I know this post will have no effect over who posts tickets:
The help desk does not offer any support, whatsoever, regarding anything that's considered to be in "testing" or beta stages.
(And only quoting Jaded so there's no confusion)

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Did you read jadedcat's message? It says: "… read for community TESTING …"
Testing means, you have to experiment with it yourself and perhaps publish your result.s If you are uncomfortable with testing, wait until the test phase is over.
His question was whether a world restart was necessary. According to Jaded's updates, the FTB team was working on a tool that would save worlds.
...And we are attempting to minimize damage to worlds because we might be able to do that... The tool that might fix the restart thing is just a possibility, something part of the launcher team is working on separately...
I, too was wondering whether this tool was finished and working. Extensive testing is not needed for someone on the FTB team to clarify this.

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is out on the launcher. From Slowpoke's Twitter:
Slowpoke said:
OK the updated Direwolf20 Pack is now on the launcher. It is currently on as a private pack with the code Iwanttorestartmyworld.
https://twitter.com/Slowpoke101/statuses/365231276850028544

Also from the Twitter:
Slowpoke said:
This pack is out for testing, However it has passed internal testing and has several changes. However we are hopeful of having a tool coming out that will covert worlds created with the original 1.5.2 Direwolf pack so that it works with the new pack.

Reactions: Alupe
Status
Not open for further replies.