Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I will try to say this without trying to offend you Jaded, but watching you play minecraft all day on Myrathi stream. Then seeing this is distasteful to say the least. I understand having a personal life but commenting like this seems to counter your point of delaying productivity.

And if this was my job and you were paying me you would have a point. But its not and you're not. You haven't watched me "play" minecraft all day you have watched me sit on a server and play in bouts of 30 mins here and there.

To the community :

If we aren't communicating with you and giving updates its because there is nothing new to add. Frankly its the whole "you owe us your time" thing that is driving mod developers and modpack makers away from the community. Its the 5 year old in the back seat going "are we there yet" every 5 mins. The question was answered in the post. We are testing and will have a version up when its ready. Its in plain English. People are pinging me on teamspeak, irc and the forums almost non-stop and every last questions is "is it done yet" . No. If it was done it would be on the launcher. The fact that its not on the launcher means its not done. And yes I am getting annoyed. This is the reason mod authors vanish. Its the reason mod pack creators give up. We do not owe you anything. Not the modpack team, not the mod devs , not the FTB staff. Most of us do this because its a hobby. The instant it feels like unpaid slave labor is when people quit. You want things done as fast as possible we get that. We aren't sitting here holding completed and tested packs and refusing to give them to you. And no I am not going to spend every waking hour working on modpacks. As a community its not the mod devs and modpack creators that suck at communicating. Its the end user. For every person that says thanks there are a thousand people whining , complaining , attacking and demanding. Its a game people. Its not life or death. Its not a war zone , its a game. You are not going to keel over dead because it takes longer. If you absolutely positively cannot bear to not be able to play, please reassess your priorities in life. Go to the park, read a book, spend some time with family or friends. I will not work myself into a heart attack for people who feel I owe them my time. I am tired of watching mod devs go from friendly and interactive to grumpy, stressed and vanishing because the vocal minority feels they have the right to demand things from a persons hobby.

Try this instead of judging others.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I'd rather you guys take your time testing and make sure it works properly than have something slip past (again lol) that makes us have to do this all over again. So do what you have to do and we'll have to sit and wait patiently like adults while you do so. ;P

Chriss7007

Jul 29, 2019
And if this was my job and you were paying me you would have a point. But its not and you're not. You haven't watched me "play" minecraft all day you have watched me sit on a server and play in bouts of 30 mins here and there.

To the community :

If we aren't communicating with you and giving updates its because there is nothing new to add. Frankly its the whole "you owe us your time" thing that is driving mod developers and modpack makers away from the community. Its the 5 year old in the back seat going "are we there yet" every 5 mins. The question was answered in the post. We are testing and will have a version up when its ready. Its in plain English. People are pinging me on teamspeak, irc and the forums almost non-stop and every last questions is "is it done yet" . No. If it was done it would be on the launcher. The fact that its not on the launcher means its not done. And yes I am getting annoyed. This is the reason mod authors vanish. Its the reason mod pack creators give up. We do not owe you anything. Not the modpack team, not the mod devs , not the FTB staff. Most of us do this because its a hobby. The instant it feels like unpaid slave labor is when people quit. You want things done as fast as possible we get that. We aren't sitting here holding completed and tested packs and refusing to give them to you. And no I am not going to spend every waking hour working on modpacks. As a community its not the mod devs and modpack creators that suck at communicating. Its the end user. For every person that says thanks there are a thousand people whining , complaining , attacking and demanding. Its a game people. Its not life or death. Its not a war zone , its a game. You are not going to keel over dead because it takes longer. If you absolutely positively cannot bear to not be able to play, please reassess your priorities in life. Go to the park, read a book, spend some time with family or friends. I will not work myself into a heart attack for people who feel I owe them my time. I am tired of watching mod devs go from friendly and interactive to grumpy, stressed and vanishing because the vocal minority feels they have the right to demand things from a persons hobby.

I do not understand why everyone is being so demanding with you and other mod creators. They are using your mods. They should be respectful and be happy with the version they have now.

Reactions: dr1tz and Naphets8

glitchies

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Jaded's last post could be made into an auto response for any time someone even remotely hints at wanting an ETA. I work in an industry where things ARE life or death (medivac mechanic) and even there we don't give out ETAs usually, we have a backup plans. If Minecraft is your only plan for the day/night, your priorities are so messed up that I feel sorry for you.
There is a world outside that window where things are not built with nice square blocks. Go out and explore the real world for yourself, you might even find that there are more interesting environments out there then in Biomes 'O Plenty...

Sarnow

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to say thanks for the hard work Jadedcat, I know what you are going through to make this happen for all of us.

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
To whom it may concern, Thank you to the men and women of FTB that provide hours of fun to my friends and I. We have in the past and will in the future choose to enjoy this modpack, be it free or not. May we have an equally pleasurable experience doing so. Having said that. Good luck to all of you.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Going back to my previous comment, This is a game and these are people giving their time (and possibly money), that you dont pay for, on this modpack. It's NEVER easy working on mods and syncing them up so everyone has no problems. The main aim is to just make sure that enough people aren't having issues and then to tweak until it's fixed.

Remember tho this "play" someone accused Jadedcat of may in fact be testing? Yanno... cause this is a game and to bug test a game it requires playing.. But hey, who says I know it all..

I'm hoping I'm not coming off as a know it all. I seriously want this out as much as everyone else but for the love of god it's worth just relaxing and enjoying a bit of self quality time. Work on your previous worlds before updating and just enjoy the fact that a fix is in the works and you will be back to having tons of fun with all new shiny things!

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019

To the community :

I absolutely love this post! Take all the time you need. You guys and gals are doing amazing work.

TfB Crimix

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I'd rather you guys take your time testing and make sure it works properly than have something slip past (again lol) that makes us have to do this all over again. So do what you have to do and we'll have to sit and wait patiently like adults while you do so. ;P

Couldn't have said it better my self. We have to wait to the FTB team says it is done. So keep up the good work :).

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
How'd you put it together? Following the doc? It's an option, but could be a lot simpler.

I hadn't seen that post, thanks for pointing it out. I hope that it isn't just a matter of picking people they know.

If you want a sort of working pack just go into the configs and mess about with the ids. Its not a fix like the team are doing but it will give you a place where you can have a go at stuff whilst they fix it.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a sort of working pack just go into the configs and mess about with the ids. Its not a fix like the team are doing but it will give you a place where you can have a go at stuff whilst they fix it.

Or just back up your worlds/game, delete everything, and install an earlier version of the pack.

alely

Jul 29, 2019
I will just put my two cents in... even though I do not own anyone, because we do not have them in Norway...

..I do not wanna lose my world... (I like my world..)

Frosthawk87

Jul 29, 2019
To the mod pack makers, the mod makers, and everyone donating their time towards making stuff for FTB, I want to personally thank you. If it weren't for you guys, I'd have nowhere to go to play a different minecraft when I grow tired of the vanilla stuff.
You're all super awesome.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019

To the community :

aka To all those people moaning and causing trouble "Get a life" lol

Predator1376

Jul 29, 2019
I will just put my two cents in... even though I do not own anyone, because we do not have them in Norway...

..I do not wanna lose my world... (I like my world..)

I'm pretty sure everyone likes their world but like the OP said: a full fix is better than a band-aid. Band-aiding will just get you in trouble over and over and you'll have to keep doing it. Just let them fix it entirely. Let's all start anew, from scratch, and have something to work towards together once the pack has been released.

Besides, in my humble opinion, the best thing in FTB isn't that you've got a superb base. Sure, that's nice and all but the feeling of your entire server working their way up from the very start -together, whilst communicating with each other, even helping each other -, when you have to design your new place and work with the basic machinery ... that's the nicest thing while playing this game. That should give you enough satisfaction you'll wait this one out and trust the developers' judgement.

EDIT: Thank you for your kind reply, Jaded :) you guys rock!

Reactions: Arahothlien

Kehaan

Jul 29, 2019

To the community :

Have you guys thought about makeing a page where it is possible to donate to you all? You are using a lot of time, and doing a great job with the FTB packs. I know most of you have Twitch channels, where its possible to donate. But just thought about a place here on the site?

From Kehaan

Reactions: dr1tz

jdlamson75

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with the DW20 pack for a while now, on a friend's server, but just made an account here to express some, uh, stuff. We've unanimously concluded that a full fix would be the best thing for us, and are patiently waiting for said fix. I'm farting around with different mods in the pack that I previously stayed away from, so when the server wipe happens, I have some goals already set up.

The main reason I created my FTB forums account is to say thanks to all the folks who are working on the fix, all the folks involved with FTB and the mods. Do your thing; we'll not be going anywhere.

MrLynchie

Jul 29, 2019
Signed up just to add my "thank you" to chorus for jadedcat and the other mod makers, and related peeps.

I find it ironic that people are complaining that mod makers are putting time in to one form of entertainment they are providing (streaming) at the cost of another form of entertainment they are providing (mods). It just proves that their opinion is not worthwhile, because they can't even resolve that simple logical conflict in their mind.

"OMG stop entertaining me and entertain me!"

I love your mods & modpacks (jaded & all the others), and I love your streams & videos. Just keep up the good work, and don't let the naysayers get to you.

Unfortunately the nature of the internet is that the idiots who want to say something negative are more likely to come out of their troll caves to do so; where as the people who really enjoy and appreciate what you are doing are too busy enjoying and appreciating what you are doing... though we should remember to come out sometimes to remind you how much we appreciate what you do, and help drown out the moaning of the trolls (maybe we can just surround all the trolls with those noise cancelling blocks from ExtraUtils? ;))

Keep up the good work, and take as long as it takes to get this resolved.

Xavrath

Jul 29, 2019
Have you guys thought about makeing a page where it is possible to donate to you all? You are using a lot of time, and doing a great job with the FTB packs. I know most of you have Twitch channels, where its possible to donate. But just thought about a place here on the site?

From Kehaan

There is already a donations tab on the front page of the FTB site.

Status
Not open for further replies.