Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
without pay hah i gurantee they get paid by someone, no one would do all that work and lose sleep over no gain and hassle from the players..

You are one of the players on my server. You know I don't get paid for that, and I've lost plenty of hours of sleep from it with tons of hassle from players. I just like running the server and getting to know others in the community. It's the same thing with the FTB Team, they just like doing what they do.

This isn't really about the hurrying though. They can take all the time they need, it's just that I would like some sort of post giving specifics about what is being done, what else needs to be done, and what we can do to prepare.

In the future I really hope that they can start doing prereleases and public tests. I own one of the more popular servers for this pack and it would really benefit me if I could have a few hours to test the new update rather than rushing to update the server with tons of players screaming at me. It would benefit the team too for times like this when they only need to test it. They could put the pack together, do their internal tests, then there could be a place to sign up (Or they could choose people from the community) to get a private pack for a larger test before releasing it to the wild. Seems like less stress for everyone, but instead they've been rather silent about it. If the FTB Team had more communication with server owners, the server owners can have more communication with their players, then we don't have arguments and speculation like this. I'd love to say "Yeah, they only need to do a few more tests on X and Y because of this bug with Z. It might be another day." rather than "I don't know, all we can hope for is that it will be out soon."

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
You are one of the players on my server. You know I don't get paid for that, and I've lost plenty of hours of sleep from it with tons of hassle from players. I just like running the server and getting to know others in the community. It's the same thing with the FTB Team, they just like doing what they do.

This isn't really about the hurrying though. They can take all the time they need, it's just that I would like some sort of post giving specifics about what is being done, what else needs to be done, and what we can do to prepare.

In the future I really hope that they can start doing prereleases and public tests. I own one of the more popular servers for this pack and it would really benefit me if I could have a few hours to test the new update rather than rushing to update the server with tons of players screaming at me. It would benefit the team too for times like this when they only need to test it. They could put the pack together, do their internal tests, then there could be a place to sign up (Or they could choose people from the community) to get a private pack for a larger test before releasing it to the wild. Seems like less stress for everyone, but instead they've been rather silent about it. If the FTB Team had more communication with server owners, the server owners can have more communication with their players, then we don't have arguments and speculation like this. I'd love to say "Yeah, they only need to do a few more tests on X and Y because of this bug with Z. It might be another day." rather than "I don't know, all we can hope for is that it will be out soon."

well i rest my argument.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019

That is a very good point. It looks like they could do with some help testing things? I also wouldn't mind helping. I hope they can get the updated pack to us but it didnt take me long to get my version of the pack working sort of. Im now in a creative world just messing about. Why dont u guys have a go, gives u something to do whilst u wait?

Reactions: dr1tz

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
That is a very good point. It looks like they could do with some help testing things? I also wouldn't mind helping. I hope they can get the updated pack to us but it didnt take me long to get my version of the pack working sort of. Im now in a creative world just messing about. Why dont u guys have a go, gives u something to do whilst u wait?

From this post:
My understanding is that they want to recruit a team of testers to help out. More details of this will appear over the next few weeks.
So we'll see in a few weeks how it shapes up, but let's exercise some patience for the moment.

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019

How'd you put it together? Following the doc? It's an option, but could be a lot simpler.

From this post:

"My understanding is that they want to recruit a team of testers to help out. More details of this will appear over the next few weeks."

So we'll see in a few weeks how it shapes up, but let's exercise some patience for the moment.
I hadn't seen that post, thanks for pointing it out. I hope that it isn't just a matter of picking people they know.

littleg13

Jul 29, 2019
Hey if they find a way so the world does not have to reset will you still reset nine by nine because of the things that happened after the news got out we were going to have another reset. Please do I lost everything.

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
Hey if they find a way so the world does not have to reset will you still reset nine by nine because of the things that happened after the news got out we were going to have another reset. Please do I lost everything.

i think aus talked to joey about it and aus said joey is still going to reset anyways

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019

i think aus talked to joey about it and aus said joey is still going to reset anyways

Although I appreciate you guys seeking me out in other areas, keep this to PMs please. This topic is for the modpack, not my server.

Reactions: Naphets8

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed that there is a bug with placing Logistics pipes. Tried to place a couple with v1.1.1 and they get consumed but vanish in the world when placed.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I vote full fix. Band-aid fix would be quick and easyish, but would just be a ticking time bomb. It would only (probably) lead to more problems down the road.

Take this opportunity to fix it the right way, and we can all learn from our mistakes. We're all human, we all make mistakes (except me :p ). Thank-you to everyone involved for bringing us these awesome mods and modpacks.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I voted for a full fix, If you guys need testers I can help out, I lost my job a bit ago and have a ton of free time, I used to work a lot with Dawn of War 1 and 2 mods so if you need help just let me know I play daily.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
So much for some sort of update today, I suppose. 1.1.3 = HL3.

They're working as hard as possible to get it out, trust me this is no HL3 because valve isn't giving ANY info on it. The FTB team on the other hand IS giving feedback. Relax, if you can do better, do better. Until then let them work.

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
They're working as hard as possible to get it out, trust me this is no HL3 because valve isn't giving ANY info on it. The FTB team on the other hand IS giving feedback. Relax, if you can do better, do better. Until then let them work.

Oh I know that they're working hard on it, I just wish that they'd be more communicative about it. I haven't seen really any feedback since the "Final testing." I am being a bit impatient, but mainly because supposedly the pack is done and just in testing. I don't see why testing would take so long, and even if it is, it would be great to have a private pack of it for everyone to test out and speed up the process.

That aside though, my post was just a bad joke. :p

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Bad jokes in a time of stress don't really mix just trust that they are getting it working, if you are really fiending for a fix just downgrade your BOP to 0.5.5 I think it is? cant remember which one I got but downgrade it past 0.5.7 to the last official and it should work sans some things. I'm content just playing without them for now and testing things out to see how I am going to overcome the lack of RP2 things.

Seriously tho it's just a game, you can always just shut the PC off, read a book and check back the next day... (and this is coming from someone who is hopelessly addicted to FTB/Minecraft)

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
Well alternatively, we could pause testing every 5 mins to answer every person who has a question.... somehow I doubt that will be conducive to getting an update out any faster.

I'm not asking you to answer every question. To quote my post from earlier:

joey19982 said:
If the FTB Team had more communication with server owners, the server owners can have more communication with their players, then we don't have arguments and speculation like this. I'd love to say "Yeah, they only need to do a few more tests on X and Y because of this bug with Z. It might be another day." rather than "I don't know, all we can hope for is that it will be out soon."

Besides, if everyone has the same question, it only takes one post to answer them all.

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Well alternatively, we could pause testing every 5 mins to answer every person who has a question.... somehow I doubt that will be conducive to getting an update out any faster.
I will try to say this without trying to offend you Jaded, but watching you play minecraft all day on Myrathi stream. Then seeing this is distasteful to say the least. I understand having a personal life but commenting like this seems to counter your point of delaying productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.