Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarler

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question on the update that is in the launcher today. Which world(s) need to be regenerated?

It appears from the OP that only three block IDs changed. If we did not enabled Biomes o Plenty, we shouldn't have the holy blocks, correct? If End Stone has changed, that means resetting the end, which is pretty easy. If there are no end stone blocks in the overworld, and biomes o plenty was never enabled, would the overworld need to be reset? We have a few mystcraft ages, but those would be easy to reset. If we can avoid resetting the overworld, that would save me a ton of headache from players who have built bases there.

Alupe

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question on the update that is in the launcher today. Which world(s) need to be regenerated?

It appears from the OP that only three block IDs changed. If we did not enabled Biomes o Plenty, we shouldn't have the holy blocks, correct? If End Stone has changed, that means resetting the end, which is pretty easy. If there are no end stone blocks in the overworld, and biomes o plenty was never enabled, would the overworld need to be reset? We have a few mystcraft ages, but those would be easy to reset. If we can avoid resetting the overworld, that would save me a ton of headache from players who have built bases there.

A lot of changes were made, not just ID changes, so you'll probably still have issues. However wait a few days and they'll have a tool for converting old worlds to the update, it's up to you.

jmarler

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of changes were made, not just ID changes, so you'll probably still have issues. However wait a few days and they'll have a tool for converting old worlds to the update, it's up to you.

You are quite correct, sir. Here is a pastebin of a full diff against 1.1.2: http://pastebin.com/8tzsfHkg

If they come up with a tool to make all of those changes, that will be quite remarkable.

Arthr Kim

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the private pack Iwanttorestartmyworld and enabled Biomes O plenty, remake a new world to restart. then what i see is no biomes from biomes plenty. 103 mods active, showing biomes O plenty in mods list but i dont see the biomes from the mod...

is this just me? or everyone else is having same issue?

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the private pack Iwanttorestartmyworld and enabled Biomes O plenty, remake a new world to restart. then what i see is no biomes from biomes plenty. 103 mods active, showing biomes O plenty in mods list but i dont see the biomes from the mod...

is this just me? or everyone else is having same issue?

Check the config... noticed in DW20 pack that the standard config is "B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=false".
Needs to be set to true.

SpaceRoomba

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, first let me apologize, i'm pretty new to this. But is the server files on the FTB site updated as well, I understand the launcher single player is, just unsure about the server side. Thanks ever so much to the FTB crew, you guys rock!

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, first let me apologize, i'm pretty new to this. But is the server files on the FTB site updated as well, I understand the launcher single player is, just unsure about the server side. Thanks ever so much to the FTB crew, you guys rock!

Just get the private pack and click on "Download Server" through the launcher.
Here is a direct link to it.

Araneo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand it. When I download the private pack DW20 1.5 v1.0.0 (I guess this is the newest one), and I start a new world. If public release will be out (DW20 1.5 v1.1.3) and I want to continue in my newly created world, what I shout to do?

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand it. When I download the private pack DW20 1.5 v1.0.0 (I guess this is the newest one), and I start a new world. If public release will be out (DW20 1.5 v1.1.3) and I want to continue in my newly created world, what I shout to do?
Unless by some freak chance a worldbreaking bug appears, this is the exact same version that will be on the launcher. It's just some testing to make sure everything is A-okay before releasing to the wild. You should be just fine in starting a world. All you'll have to do is copy it over once the main update comes out.

Jankan001

Jul 29, 2019
Does that 'copy unleashed mods and paste them in direwolf' also work for unhinged? (Especially for gregtech) + and will the mods then be easy mode?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Does that 'copy unleashed mods and paste them in direwolf' also work for unhinged? (Especially for gregtech) + and will the mods then be easy mode?

Technically, yes. If you open your Unleashed config file you should see a folder for each of the mods in DW20, Unhinged and Unleashed. You should be able to mix and match by putting GT or DimDoors in Unleashed. However you cannot pull mods from DW20 or Unleashed into Unhinged and have them work. Unhinged has different Id's and different settings. You are on your own for figuring out easy mode configs too. This just makes it less likely for ID's to conflict if you want to move a mod from another pack into Unleashed or DW20.

Status
Not open for further replies.