Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
Good gravy people. Just use mIDas Gold. No world restarts or FTB specific tools required.

some people just don't have time to learn the program, people will just wait for the tool the FTB team will be releasing in the near future

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance we're going to have this before the weekend? The server we're on is looking at a full wipe and I sure would like to be able to play :)

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance we're going to have this before the weekend? The server we're on is looking at a full wipe and I sure would like to be able to play :)

there is a really low chance of them giving anyone a ETA, it will be done when it is done. The mod pack developers need a break once in awhile they are humans too.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
there is a really low chance of them giving anyone a ETA, it will be done when it is done. The mod pack developers need a break once in awhile they are humans too.

Normally I would agree with you 100% but in this case I have to disagree. FTB made a commitment to the community and to Direwolf20 to maintain a mod pack. Then someone screwed the pooch. It happens.. hell I've done it at my job. But guess what? I put in the time and effort to get it fixed because I had made a commitment. AND I know FTB is not a job.. nobody is making money but it's still a commitment.

Equitime77

Jul 29, 2019
Normally I would agree with you 100% but in this case I have to disagree. FTB made a commitment to the community and to Direwolf20 to maintain a mod pack. Then someone screwed the pooch. It happens.. hell I've done it at my job. But guess what? I put in the time and effort to get it fixed because I had made a commitment. AND I know FTB is not a job.. nobody is making money but it's still a commitment.

Hey they are putting in time and effort to get this sorted. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not happening.

Reactions: dr1tz

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey they are putting in time and effort to get this sorted. Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not happening.

You think.. :) at the end of the day all I'm asking for is some sort of update on the status. This post would have half the pages it has if they were a little better about giving feedback on the state of things.

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019

plus i am sure that making a tool that change the configs can't be soo easy have you looked how different the i'ds and configs are they put some work into this.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
plus i am sure that making a tool that change the configs can't be soo easy have you looked how different the i'ds and configs are they put some work into this.

The community voted for a fix that would require a wipe. While a few voted for the other option the overwhelming majority just want to get their worlds restarted so your argument is invalid. At this point we should not be waiting for any tool to fix worlds. Those that want to wait can definitely wait but the general community should be able to wipe if they want.

Reactions: dr1tz and Bobbels

DerelleBot

Jul 29, 2019
some people just don't have time to learn the program, people will just wait for the tool the FTB team will be releasing in the near future

I understand that mindset. Those people that wait for someone else to do everything for them. Yeah. It's caused a lot of problems throughout history.

But in my opinion, if people "don't have time" to learn a program* then they shouldn't be allotting their oh-so-valuable-and-finite time to play Minecraft. lol

So players and server operators, you needn't restart your worlds. Or even wait for "the tool" to come along. Take charge of your world. Use your ingenuity.

(that takes any computer literate person less than a minute or two to learn+use, and certainly less time than the average play session for anyone else)

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
The community voted for a fix that would require a wipe. While a few voted for the other option the overwhelming majority just want to get their worlds restarted so your argument is invalid. At this point we should not be waiting for any tool to fix worlds. Those that want to wait can definitely wait but the general community should be able to wipe if they want.

i stated my reason why the wait and people voted for the full fix so they wouldn't have to deal with something like this again. you arn't different than the other people waiting this thread was to discuss the mod pack and other things not ask for a ETA that you will not get. have you read the mods post they said any hinting at asking for a ETA would get you a infraction and 3 infractions you will have a vacation from the FTB forums FOREVER

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
What do you expect from us? The last update was yesterday(thats 1 day of no newer status report) with the release of Unleashed 1.1.3 as a not recommended pack and DW20 1.1.3 as a "private" pack for public testing.
There are updates but don't expect that we report to you on a hourly or even daily basis. You will get updates when there is something we can tell you.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
i stated my reason why the wait and people voted for the full fix so they wouldn't have to deal with something like this again. you arn't different than the other people waiting this thread was to discuss the mod pack and other things not ask for a ETA that you will not get. have you read the mods post they said any hinting at asking for a ETA would get you a infraction and 3 infractions you will have a vacation from the FTB forums FOREVER

Hahaha.. the last bastion of a failed argument.. in fact I don't want an ETA. I'm just hoping if someone knows that "X is wrong.. there is no way we can get it out until next week" they can say "Not happening this week/weekend.. sorry guys!" and we'll know :)

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha.. the last bastion of a failed argument.. in fact I don't want an ETA. I'm just hoping if someone knows that "X is wrong.. there is no way we can get it out until next week" they can say "Not happening this week/weekend.. sorry guys!" and we'll know :)

if the mod pack team stopped and replied to every question like that they would never get anything done. would you like the mod pack done or your questions answered. now go away and let them work they don't need more hounds on them telling them to hurry up or question every move they make..

Reactions: dr1tz and KnightOwl

sgbadman

Jul 29, 2019
To the couple of you perhaps lacking in perspective, some suggested reading:http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/on-making-a-modpack.28348/

No more posts about why it isn't ready yet or demanding ETAs in this thread. I will delete them and provide you with Warning Points on your account. Collect enough Warning Points and you get a free all-expenses-paid vacation from the forums.
there is the quote i will have to ask the staff to enforce this. This is a reminder to all

FuRiouSOne

Jul 29, 2019
Please dont make us go through the weekend with no official 1.1.3 release... i know there is a private pack but it is not official release. is something wrong with the private pack not allowing it to be released on the launcher normally? My players are starting to get impatient now...

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
What do you expect from us? The last update was yesterday(thats 1 day of no newer status report) with the release of Unleashed 1.1.3 as a not recommended pack and DW20 1.1.3 as a "private" pack for public testing.
There are updates but don't expect that we report to you on a hourly or even daily basis. You will get updates when there is something we can tell you.
When i get unrealistic requests like you are I usually start tacking days onto the expectation time. at this point I think we'd be looking at the next release in 2015 :p

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Please dont make us go through the weekend with no official 1.1.3 release... i know there is a private pack but it is not official release. is something wrong with the private pack not allowing it to be released on the launcher normally? My players are starting to get impatient now...

It's in public testing and it's probably not on the launcher normally as a direct patch release to the pack because if it were people who don't read the forums would break their worlds by updating to it without knowing what they did to break it.

Don't ask for ETAs, and certainly don't hound for them. It's ready when it's ready.

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
I like how a post is explicitly telling people not to ask for an ETA, yet the VERY next post...HOURS LATER... is basically asking for an ETA :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.