gregtech block breaker nerf

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
You...
Explore the Nether!
Go mining!
Defeat the Ender Dragon!
Battle mobs!
Make a Beacon!
You could add creative mode...I guess.

You install Grey Goo and fight the Darkness, Plague and the World Eater. Seriously, check out that mod if you haven't. It's a pretty cool mod for endgame projects.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay then. So then if say I don't like computer craft, as an example, I remove it from my pack as well as anything that may use it. I alter my configs to my liking and play. Pack gets updated. I update and save my configs, take the few minutes, if that, to r remove computer craft and the others. I play again like before. Am I in any way seeing this being difficult? I guess if there was an option to keep what mods you have disabled saved during each update would be cool but spending maybe two minutes, and I am being broad here, to do it yourself seems more..I dunno. *shrug*

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay then. So then if say I don't like computer craft, as an example, I remove it from my pack as well as anything that may use it. I alter my configs to my liking and play. Pack gets updated. I update and save my configs, take the few minutes, if that, to r remove computer craft and the others. I play again like before. Am I in any way seeing this being difficult? I guess if there was an option to keep what mods you have disabled saved during each update would be cool but spending maybe two minutes, and I am being broad here, to do it yourself seems more..I dunno. *shrug*

If you go this route consider using MultiMC to expedite the process. It'll make your life a bit easier.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
But in this thread, there's an argument; both sides are represented. So there are people on both sides of the field, and that was the main point of Direwolf VS Mindcrack.

No. The two packs are different because the group is different from the solo.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

God knows where the hell are the backup configs saved in macs

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You install Grey Goo and fight the Darkness, Plague and the World Eater. Seriously, check out that mod if you haven't. It's a pretty cool mod for endgame projects.
That is the scariest mod I have ever seen. I am seriously afraid for my current world.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
...Seriously if you don't know, in your own operating system, where files are that is kinda scary. I suggest taking a little time to find out.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. It's one of the nicest ways to do the things that Greg does, and even more so when he gives you the config options to change them.
IMO the fact that Greg adds configs basically renders all arguments against GT redundant; I like to joke around about how "horrible" it is with my friends but truth be told, I do like the additions :)

#gregtechfanpleasedon'tshoot

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
#canWeGoBackOnTopicOrIsTooMainstream?[DOUBLEPOST=1364071402][/DOUBLEPOST]
...Seriously if you don't know, in your own operating system, where files are that is kinda scary. I suggest taking a little time to find out.

why should I, if I don't need to?

it ain't that hard to set them to save in the same folder as FTB is.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Forgive me but when you update the mod pack isn't there an option to save the config settings?
yes but that is quite hit and miss considering configs can change with updates.
Sometimes the configs don't change and you can use the ones you've saved, but tbh you're better off going through everything everytime you update.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
yes but that is quite hit and miss considering configs can change with updates.
Sometimes the configs don't change and you can use the ones you've saved, but tbh you're better off going through everything everytime you update.

specially the gregtech ones.

falsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalsefalse

it takes a long time to disable the load of nerfs recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.