Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Cows gave easy armor, rotten flesh is easy food, sheep give wool, lapis is a cool block, what more uses you want? (rrrrreference)

Just vanilla? Are you serious? Have you seen how difficult it is to try and create a witch farm in vanilla? It'd on the same level of stupidity as making an iron golem farm for iron.
Hoppers in vanilla are useless because MineCraft has had hoppers for a while now via mods. Mojang needs to understand that the modding community is the future of MineCraft, and that their silly little updates every so often pale massively in compare to modded MineCraft.

Just imagine if MineCraft had open and easy support to add whatever mods you wanted.

for real? mods the future of minecraft? tell me, of the 9,761,808 people that have bought minecraft, how much play FTB? 10.000? 20.000?

oh, and a witch farm is not that hard to make at least is less grinding than powering a matter fab neither a golem farm is.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Just vanilla? Are you serious? Have you seen how difficult it is to try and create a witch farm in vanilla? It'd on the same level of stupidity as making an iron golem farm for iron.

Hoppers in vanilla are useless because MineCraft has had hoppers for a while now via mods. Mojang needs to understand that the modding community is the future of MineCraft, and that their silly little updates every so often pale massively in compare to modded MineCraft.

Just imagine if MineCraft had open and easy support to add whatever mods you wanted.
It would be heavenly :p
That new API (which will come out in like Minecraft 2) will be AWESOME!
It will centralize mods and downloading of mods, and make them easier to make...
However I feel there are going to be downsides:
12 year olds will start making crap mods that just ad stupid stuff, and maybe Minecraft seizes power and halts mod making (just playing devil's advocate)
But overall I think it will be an improvement and will probably even speed up update time...
Now if we could just get Notch to use multi threading...

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
It would be heavenly :p
That new API (which will come out in like Minecraft 2) will be AWESOME!
It will centralize mods and downloading of mods, and make them easier to make...
However I feel there are going to be downsides:
12 year olds will start making crap mods that just ad stupid stuff, and maybe Minecraft seizes power and halts mod making (just playing devil's advocate)
But overall I think it will be an improvement and will probably even speed up update time...
Now if we could just get Notch to use multi threading...

it will be as easy as doing plugins for bukkit (AFAIK), not like ''press a button, wait five seconds, here is your mod, enjoy''

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Iron golem farm not hard? Dude you need such a massive amount of blocks, room, and hope that your server admin allows it. Maybe because I saw DocM's farm it makes me wow at it but still it is what..20x20 for the base then add in four pods for villagers, doors, water, glass, lava, signs, one piston, redstone, ect. Far from easy.

You are right that not everyone plays with mods but mods do add in a lot of lifeblood to a game. Example is Terraria. Red said no mods or really anything. After a nice update he says he is stopping development and leaves. Now Terraria is an awesome game but it has little life in it due to it being closed source and no mods made for it. The conent is all there is and some of it still needs fixing.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Hoppers in vanilla aren't useless. Some people just don't want to play with mods, there's nothing we can do about that. With hoppers in vanilla they can stack stuff to melt. Hell, even I in my magic mods can stack stuff to smelt without adding BC or whatever mod adds hoppers.

And let's not forget map makers, these things probably will help them a lot, MC is far from "just survival" right now...

Reactions: MagusUnion

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*heavy breaths*
I just read that entire thread. All ten pages.

But now I don't have anything to say about it, except for agreeing with Retro's post up there^
I got bored after my first vanilla world. I added a mod or two, got bored after 5 minutes (cause it was ClaySoldiers, pointless that was). Then I played a server, not bored at all for a year or so. *Bored again* SSP Technic. Not bored until I got me a quarry, at which point I decided to play SMP, no boredom for 6 months, then a friend told me about FTB. Skipped SSP entirely and spent weeks getting a server.

Now, I'm getting bored again, but that's cause my computer sucks and a lot of the servers have severe limitations so I can't play SSP or make my own server for a few friends.
This, my friends, is: LIMBO

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
*heavy breaths*
I just read that entire thread. All ten pages.

But now I don't have anything to say about it, except for agreeing with Retro's post up there^
I got bored after my first vanilla world. I added a mod or two, got bored after 5 minutes (cause it was ClaySoldiers, pointless that was). Then I played a server, not bored at all for a year or so. *Bored again* SSP Technic. Not bored until I got me a quarry, at which point I decided to play SMP, no boredom for 6 months, then a friend told me about FTB. Skipped SSP entirely and spent weeks getting a server.

Now, I'm getting bored again, but that's cause my computer sucks and a lot of the servers have severe limitations so I can't play SSP or make my own server for a few friends.
This, my friends, is: LIMBO
Pretty much the same for me... Vanilla while FANTASTIC gets boring after a while...
T****t is so OP
And FTB you just have to make sure and use GT and it will be less boring...And server, SSP is kind of hard with GT.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I foresee is the UU matter. And Tekkit's not banned from these forums, the flame wars are just annoying, repetitive, and locked after a few warnings. UU Matter can be fixed with config editing (or MOAR POWER). Gregtech was made in mind for server folk, people chunkload all day and come back and instead of getting stacks of UU, they'll only get a few pieces.[DOUBLEPOST=1363649234][/DOUBLEPOST]And how's tekkit the original post, the operator, or over-powered?

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with retrogamer. Vanilla has lots of potential. However, the every update mojang releases seams to have a different theme. 1.8.1 was adding hunger, enderman, the end, and enchantment. That update was good and was full of content. All other updates were lacking of content. "Adding bats that do nothing!" "Villagers that are pointless have near no pointless" "A new enchantment that is pointless" I think that mojang should lengthen their dev cycle. Minecraft is a sandbox game. If you are bored within the first 1-3 days of playing, go play something else or try to play differently.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, 1.5 will be fun. I imagine I'll actually get to play it sometime in June, maybe July. Realistically speaking, don't expect IC2 to update within a month, or Redpower to update within 2 maybe 3 months.

There is good news, though. Forge now can runtime deobfuscate code, which means that a lot of mods will become version agnostic, for the most part. That means no more rewriting mods each time Minecraft updates, which means the chaneover from 1.4.7 to 1.5 will probably be the last time we have to wait an extended time for mod updates.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem I foresee is the UU matter. And Tekkit's not banned from these forums, the flame wars are just annoying, repetitive, and locked after a few warnings. UU Matter can be fixed with config editing (or MOAR POWER). Gregtech was made in mind for server folk, people chunkload all day and come back and instead of getting stacks of UU, they'll only get a few pieces.[DOUBLEPOST=1363649234][/DOUBLEPOST]And how's tekkit the original post, the operator, or over-powered?
How is tekkit overpowered he asks!!! Hahahaha LOL
Buddy does EE2 ring a bell? I'm just saying but after a quick trip to level 12 and the nether you can have infinite diamonds (with time)
If that's not OP then I'm Ludwig Van Beethoven[DOUBLEPOST=1363654410][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, 1.5 will be fun. I imagine I'll actually get to play it sometime in June, maybe July. Realistically speaking, don't expect IC2 to update within a month, or Redpower to update within 2 maybe 3 months.

There is good news, though. Forge now can runtime deobfuscate code, which means that a lot of mods will become version agnostic, for the most part. That means no more rewriting mods each time Minecraft updates, which means the chaneover from 1.4.7 to 1.5 will probably be the last time we have to wait an extended time for mod updates.
YAY!

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
THe future of mods is Greg going crazy at EE3 nerfin' his nerfin'
As my name says I Love GT.
But as I've learned to each his own...I do think SOME of his nerfs are stupid (like the bronze and the rolling machine) but then again the bronze is exploitable and the rolling machine incident made me use two mods (which I hadn't before) (he broadens my horizons with his Greggy ways)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
It does feel like some things have a lot more unused potential, like the beacon. but others feel more complete like anvils or the hopper. But that doesn't mean there wont be more functionality later. Like villagers, they have been completely useless for a while and then were made slightly less completely useless in 1.3.