Future of Mods With 1.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Are 1.5 And The New Mods Good?

• Yes

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
But I don't believe it is easy to change ID's. Maybe I should have said that updates make it seem like the code is rewritten but it is more like Mojang hide their code every update. Yes, again, snapshots help but last minute chnages may still disrupt mods. It isn't as easy as opening up notepad and deleteing a line of words.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 was released the 20th (I think) of december, 1.5 was just released like 3 days ago, thats 2 months.

and most people don't play with mods, they want their vanilla to be updated, also, why would mojang wait for mods? is not like they take profit from them or anything, and in any case, they give them prereleases to be more than ready for the update.
Note the part where I said it's not going to happen :p

And I get that most people play vanilla (although, imo that's simply because the don't know any better, or have an xbox, lol). Still, a man can dream, can't he?

On a tangent: I wonder why Mojang is spending so many resources continuing to expand the game? I wouldn't think it's creating any new sales, and since there's no subscription or DLC...where's the revenue stream? T-shirts and hats? No hate, just honestly curious. I mean, good for them, I guess, but how's it sustainable?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Note the part where I said it's not going to happen :p

And I get that most people play vanilla (although, imo that's simply because the don't know any better, or have an xbox, lol). Still, a man can dream, can't he?

On a tangent: I wonder why Mojang is spending so many resources continuing to expand the game? I wouldn't think it's creating any new sales, and since there's no subscription or DLC...where's the revenue stream? T-shirts and hats? No hate, just honestly curious. I mean, good for them, I guess, but how's it sustainable?

Well, I know a man can dream :p (this smileys look so stupid lol)

but yeah, they get a lot of money from ''hey dude check this game is about blocks and zombies and mining and crap, every month or so it gets new stuff!'' or the let's players, you know, if they don't update, people get bored playing with the same stuff over and over. Also snapshots are the new secret friday updates (but no so secret, so you are able to find bugs and report them and stuff).

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly if they stopped updating for say six months I doubt people will become "bored". With so much user content a person can get lost in a number of things. Adventure maps for one. Don't get me wrong. New content is awesome but make sure the content is worth being awesome.

Look at WoW. Ever since like Patch 4.2 is has been lack luster, imo. Even part of Lich King was meh. Let people get use to the new stuff before adding in more stuff.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
they did stop updating for 5 months, 1st of march: 1.2, 1st of august: 1.3.

and people were pissed...

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Well then..QQ for those people? *Shrug* I dunno. Maybe some of the populace like longer updates and others want them bi monthly? I dunno how they could compromise on a solution. How about this. When updating..fix what you had before you add in new stuff? I think others said this too.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
you know, they DO fix stuff, they just do: here, take this quartz blocks, play with them, and in they background, they fix, bugs, even if you don't believe it, they do.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Okay..what about ohh say the ender dragon egg? What usefullness is it? Or how about witches? I will change what I said to this:

Improve content they already put out before giving out new stuff.

So ka?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
you think witches have no use? like, glowstone, redstone, and gunpowder farm?

oh, and code me a dragon, that has a great animation, due for 2 months, while you do other bug fixes.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
you think witches have no use? like, glowstone, redstone, and gunpowder farm?

Glowstone can be obtained via IC2 crafts, redstone can be grown via redwheat from IC2 crops. Gunpowder can be obtained via creepers. All three of those things are a magnitude easier than making a witch farm.

oh, and code me a dragon, that has a great animation, due for 2 months, while you do other bug fixes.

Code:
a dragon

bug, bug, bug, bug.

Done.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Drav..you have every come back. I never said anything about coding a dragon. What I am saying is previous content can always be improved upon. Example is in this very patch. The nether gets an ore. I never said that wasn't a good thing. I am saying instead of new content work on old content. Give witches more drops or something. Make wolves more useful. Make bats useful. Hell make villagers not be so meh.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Drav..you have every come back. I never said anything about coding a dragon. What I am saying is previous content can always be improved upon. Example is in this very patch. The nether gets an ore. I never said that wasn't a good thing. I am saying instead of new content work on old content. Give witches more drops or something. Make wolves more useful. Make bats useful. Hell make villagers not be so meh.

They'll get more uses come the next few updates. Although we're going to have a few more features added each update which have not been fleshed out, as well.

What is amusing, though, is that Dravarden appears to think that you are the equal of the entire Mojang MineCraft dev team.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh okies. That is cool. Yeah it does seem like that. It is all good. If I could do what the entire dev team could do I would be swimming in how chick...and by chicks I mean the peeps that are candy,

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, you know, mojang said in minecon (because someone asked for an egg coming from the dragon) that was hard to code the dragon + its animations, and they had to make him break all blocks (besides the 3 blocks in the end) because is too hard to code his hitbox and stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1363644046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glowstone can be obtained via IC2 crafts, redstone can be grown via redwheat from IC2 crops. Gunpowder can be obtained via creepers. All three of those things are a magnitude easier than making a witch farm.

mojang does stuff for vanilla, not for FTB.

Just like hoppers, they are ''useless because buildcraft already invented them''.

Code:
a dragon

bug, bug, bug, bug.

Done.

the dragon didn't have any bugs whatsoever, funny guy.

you try to explain to me that gregtech isn't only nerfs and exactly like you didn't succeed, I won't succeed in telling you that mojang fixes bugs all day every day.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
the break all block thing was more for preventing issues with people trying to capture the dragon or trying to interfere with it in other ways which would be very hard to account for. They did a better job with the wither but that was due extra experience and code they added to the game since they added the dragon. In fact if they wanted to they could probably redo the dragon in a less crazy way but since it is now ingrained into minecraft that is unlikely.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
mojang does stuff for vanilla, not for FTB.

Just vanilla? Are you serious? Have you seen how difficult it is to try and create a witch farm in vanilla? It'd on the same level of stupidity as making an iron golem farm for iron.

Just like hoppers, they are ''useless because buildcraft already invented them''.

Hoppers in vanilla are useless because MineCraft has had hoppers for a while now via mods. Mojang needs to understand that the modding community is the future of MineCraft, and that their silly little updates every so often pale massively in compare to modded MineCraft.

Just imagine if MineCraft had open and easy support to add whatever mods you wanted.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
That is all fine but how about say having the dragon egg, The Egg, being used for something. Even the joke of Sengir's wooden planks shows it can have some use. Better yet how about something from early on. Other then a decorative block what else does lapis do in vanilla? Another example would be rotten flesh. Sheep giving something other then wool. How long did it take before cows gave beef?