FTB "Teams Challenge". Are you in?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The Pack Team and Drone Pack is signed up. This will give me a lot more motivation for making the pack awesome.
On-going packs aren't allowed. This is just to make it fair to others participating.
If you still want to enter, is it just you, or is there anyone else involved on your team (FTB forum username, if they have one)

Reactions: the_j485

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The pack started development a week. I think I should be allowed to submit it because I am still working on it. I have 2 recipes and like 3 quests.
But seeing as the pack is already in development you would have the advantage on other teams, such as ones that join at a later date.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You ask me to join and you wont allow me to submit another pack. I don't got the time to support a third pack... I hope you can think like a logical human being. A whole week advantage. SCARY!!!
5251065+_733935c338c299476cfa1e7883868d43.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1413924952][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've seen your modpack Golem Factory and think your pretty talented. Just message me if you change your mind. I am always open for you to join.
I'm not going to make the final call...
We'll see what other people think.

*tips hate to Spongebob gif*

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
You ask me to join and you wont allow me to submit another pack. I don't got the time to support a third pack... I hope you can think like a logical human being. A whole week advantage. SCARY!!!

You can get quite a bit done in a week, especially during the summer holidays. If you haven't done too much, then I guess there wouldn't be too much of a problem of starting it from scratch?

Dunno, just a suggestion.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I got a small list of mods added. 2 recipes, and 3 quests. Thats it.
You can get quite a bit done in a week,
You're right...

BUT! I GUESS there's actually nothing wrong with it. Thinking about it, every team has access to start thinking about mod lists, recipes, and setting stuff up, etc. So *throws arms up* what ever.
BUT! You will still have to build a map on the world that will be randomly generated on starting day (if you decide to have a custom map)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I meant to say its longer than one whole long month. I guarnetee other people will secretly post packs that had been worked on, but never posted.
There may be a rule that will be added such as "once a week the most up to date version of the pack has to be uploaded to github/onto the technic launcher" as it will give the potential voters a chance to see what is to come. But also a chance to make sure (at least in the first week) that it isn't a "cheated" pack. As you can tell whether something has taken more than 2 weeks to do (based on team size)

If for example, first week PhoenixTeam uploaded 6 fully integrated mods (using minetweaker to integrate them) then it would be pretty obvious we used scripts from an old pack, and therefore we cheated.

I can't believe you guys are crying over something so small. This isn't even an official FTB competition.
Just because something isn't official, doesn't mean cheating shouldn't be allowed

Reactions: ljfa

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In all competitions fairness is a very important part of it all. If you would like to use another idea that you have been brewing up feel free as long as it is nothing functional. I am just trying to protect the greater good here :)[DOUBLEPOST=1413926573][/DOUBLEPOST]
On this note I am thinking about how PhoenixConfigs would work with this....
I think PT won't be using PhoenixConfigs, as it is a little unfair, seeing as I said no one else can use them.

Want me to send you my configs and mods? I will if that makes me qualify. Also, this modpack was a solo pack, but now its a team pack (starting today).
I said you could use it, then you left, now you want back in?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I have no offers anymore.

I'm guessing solo entries aren't allowed?
Start your own team, and you may have people ask to join, or you may see people who want to join but don't have a team :)
Also, it may come to the point that a team goes down to one person, so I think if you have an idea of someone who MAY be interested in helping then enter with them on the team :)

Thinking about it PT is gonna win. It is gonna be a bias vote and you guys have the most skilled full modpack creators.[DOUBLEPOST=1413927298][/DOUBLEPOST]
Our two most skilled mod pack creators (@Gideonseymour and @parcel31u) haven't expressed any interest in being on the PT team for this competition...
And no, it's equal chances of winning when we don't know what everyone is making. Right now PT has no idea on what we will do, so it is highly likely other teams have started to get together an idea on what they will do.
Also, PT is at a small disadvantage as we can't do certain things, as the PT have released packs using many different ideas.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
cheerleader.
Actual picture of the_j taken about 5 minutes ago
Syangrila.full.891192.jpg

And I trust everyone on the PT not to vote for the map we (the PT challenge team) make.
Heck, if we're gonna vote for a map, it will probably be someone else's :p

15g5ms.png

Here you go @Gideonseymour I do like the community here BTW. I just dislike a few people who are a part of the community.
Also, that's post #5 ;) There's 4 posts before that.
#1 your original
#2 tfox/watchful saying uploaded
#3 you saying thanks?
#4 your next upload
#5 the one you linked

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
15g5ms.png

Here you go @Gideonseymour I do like the community here BTW. I just dislike a few people who are a part of the community.
I can understand not liking parts of the community. And by the way, the date it arrives on the launcher is not when development began. Citing my earlier post:

h7PShHT.png

Note the date, and how the text indicates working on the Drone Pack prior to this.

Reactions: Kill-Joy

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Well, I'm up for making a team, if people want to join it for whatever reason, feel free to @ me or message me or whatever