FTB "Teams Challenge". Are you in?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
This looks like fun- I'll give it a go.
Team Phoe... oh wait :( -how do you guys type so fast??
Give me a while to come up with a new name, but count me in all the same.

Edit: I think the Ethereal Engineers sounds pretty neat.
This is an open invite for anyone interested in joining in.​

Last edited:

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Count me in, I'm fairly inexperienced, but I have a good idea for a pack and know of tons of mods, just a question, do all competitors have to be on the forums?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Count me in, I'm fairly inexperienced, but I have a good idea for a pack and know of tons of mods, just a question, do all competitors have to be on the forums?
Nope, they don't have to be. Just as long as at least 1 team member is on the forums (so they can post any pack updates, etc.) then it's all good :)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Nope, they don't have to be. Just as long as at least 1 team member is on the forums (so they can post any pack updates, etc.) then it's all good :)
K I have a friend who is really eager to make a pack with me, but is a total noob, thought it would be a kind thing for me to do.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I guess said packs will have to be on the FTB launcher, otherwise it might get complicated.
By the end of the "challenge" it must be on the FTB launcher. But up until that final day, you can use any means of distribution, as FTB isn't as fast as using something like TechnicLauncher or MultiMC, for applying updates.

K I have a friend who is really eager to make a pack with me, but is a total noob, thought it would be a kind thing for me to do.
Hey, noobs are some of the best people to have on a pack team. Think of it this way you have someone who knows the mods inside and out, they will forget that someone new to modded minecraft won't know how to do XYZ and therefore, you may have made it so someone gets confused playing your pack. Whereas the noob would be able to tell you "erm... how does this work" and you will realize these things early on :p

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
By the end of the "challenge" it must be on the FTB launcher. But up until that final day, you can use any means of distribution, as FTB isn't as fast as using something like TechnicLauncher or MultiMC, for applying updates.

Hey, noobs are some of the best people to have on a pack team. Think of it this way you have someone who knows the mods inside and out, they will forget that someone new to modded minecraft won't know how to do XYZ and therefore, you may have made it so someone gets confused playing your pack. Whereas the noob would be able to tell you "erm... how does this work" and you will realize these things early on :p
Fair enough.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just gonna put this out there, if your judging, why are you entering?
I'm not judging :p
I am in limbo about 2 different vote options.
I will allow everyone involved to decide what they think is the better idea when we are a little closer to the closing date (maybe around Oct. 30th)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Also, about the launcher thing: As long as it is submitted by the day of release, it should be good. We all know that the Third Party Pack team have a lot of packs to go through, so as long as it's been submitted, it doesn't have to be on the launcher yet.

Also, I'm assuming 1.7.10?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If there are more than two teams, we'll have a vote between everyone. If there are only two, we'll ask the public.
No... I thought I told the PT yesterday?

The two ways are dependent on how we decide to advertise the packs :p
If we say each pack has its own thread:
It will be the thread which gets the most likes by the end of the challenge (excluding likes from members of the team)
OR
If we decide to put all the packs in one thread:
We will put a poll on the thread and people will vote there for which they like most.

Also, I'm assuming 1.7.10?
Doesn't have to be. It may be able to get you more "votes" though as people tend to be moving away from 1.6 packs now :p
Heck if you want to do a 1.2 pack, using EE2, fine, go for it :p

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Well, this is interesting, but I already have half a dozen packs ready to be launched, all I need to do is get the artwork finished for all of them.

I guess I could jump in for helping another team with their pack, I can do mod themes and crappy MS paint for any team that needs it?

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is interesting, but I already have half a dozen packs ready to be launched, all I need to do is get the artwork finished for all of them.

I guess I could jump in for helping another team with their pack, I can do mod themes and crappy MS paint for any team that needs it?
Crappy MS paint skills eh? I may require your services for Let it End ;)