Open Server FTB monster (closed Server untill further notice)

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019
That may be the case. However I think I crafted a mariculture item that is causing the crashes, but I may be wrong and it could be mcpc+ build 250. Whatever the problem is we need to fix it

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Special mobs interfere with Advanced Genetics, was also in previous bug report for Monster. trying to get anti genes for speed, jump boost, and resistance so i can get rid of these buffs. Perhaps change the mob mod to lycanites? or make the anti-genes i mentioned trade-able, or just give it to me nothing will be lost to anyone anyway. Also some IC2 recipes don't work might want to put up a trade for those items, there should be a list in the IC2 forums on what are broken.

Server tps is doing much better than before.

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019
Special mobs interfere with Advanced Genetics, was also in previous bug report for Monster. trying to get anti genes for speed, jump boost, and resistance so i can get rid of these buffs. Perhaps change the mob mod to lycanites? or make the anti-genes i mentioned trade-able, or just give it to me nothing will be lost to anyone anyway. Also some IC2 recipes don't work might want to put up a trade for those items, there should be a list in the IC2 forums on what are broken.

Server tps is doing much better than before.

They are recipes for them it is just that the recipe might just be broken in the version we are using of not enough items or industrial craft because I can craft the items with the broken recipes in nei, you just have to know the recipe. like the recipe for the MV transformer, which is broken in nei, but by having a basic machine casing in the middle and having gold cable on top and bottom you get it. Also I think my player file might have a problem because every time I join I get kicked, but I might know why I have that problem.

Edit: I think my Player File may be corrupted so can you fix that

Last edited:

A1phaN3xu5

Jul 29, 2019
Special mobs also ignores some of the special abilities that tinkerer's construct tools have like the lapis looting and the cleavers ability to decapitate more often, it also makes it so wither skeletons do not drop necrotic bones.
It would be nice if you could remove it.

Last edited:

Pilkie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am writing on behalf of some problems I have encountered due to the special mobs mod. While I believe it is a neat plugin and certainly makes the push-over mobs more challenging, I also must voice my opinion that SpecialMobs is NOT optimized to work with the Monster Modpack and has made several features inaccessible or several opportunities impossible.

The first problem with the mobs added by SpecialMobs is that they ignore the defensive bonuses of most non-vanilla armor. For example, a special mob pigman can hit me for about 2 hearts while I am wearing normal Iron Armor, but will hit me for 8 hearts when I am wearing a full set of Modular Powersuit Armor with energy shielding and ignore the non-vanilla enchantments on armor sets. The mobs added by SpecialMobs also ignore the effects of some armor sets such as being able to see players made invisible by the cloaking module for MPS, hitting through the defensive bonus provided by IC2's nano-suit and ignoring the blast resistance of the composite armor from IC2.

Another problem that SpecialMobs creates is that it makes it impossible to collect skin samples for certain genes in the Advanced Genetics mod. The get the gene, you must scrape the skin from a vanilla mob and then you can analyze the skin sample to possibly get a gene with an ability from the mob. While it is still possible to get genes from mobs unaffected by SpecialMobs (Cows, Sheep, Bats, Ocelots, Horses, etc.) it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the genes from Endermen, Zombies, Skeletons, Zombie Pigmen and Wither Skeletons (Also possibly creepers) because SpecialMobs makes it so these are the non-vanilla mob and therefore it is now impossible to get their special genes from their skin samples.

The next problem is encountered when using Cleavers from the Tinkers' Construct mod. The cleavers are a special weapon that increase the head-drop rate when killing mobs and players. When you upgrade the cleavers with the decapitating upgrade in Tinkers' Construct, the head-drop rate increases even higher. To put it into perspective, I killed someone with the NON-UPGRADED CLEAVER 10 times and received their head all 10 times. In single player, I killed endermen with a non-upgraded cleaver and, after 13 kills, received 7 heads. In the server.While the head drop rate remains high for mobs that are not effected by SpecialMobs, it would seem that the clever cannot decapitate mobs that are effected by special-mobs. After killed 100+ endermen in the end, 70+ skeletons at a spawner and 30+ Wither Skeletons in the nether, I can conclude that there was not a single head drop. This test was also repeated with a similar sample size using a cleaver with the decapitation enhancing upgrade. My conclusion is that special mobs is once again not effected by Tinker's Construct because it was designed for the Vanilla Mobs that drop heads.

These are some of the most serious problems that are encountered with SpecialMobs. Not having access to some of the best features added by these mods is frustrating to say the least and I feel like I will be missing out unless:

a) The SpecialMobs Mod is removed.

b) The mods are configured to be compatible with the SpecialMobs Mod.

In conclusion, While the plugin adds a pleasant level of challenge to fighting mobs in Minecraft, the benefits of this plugin are overshadowed by the incompatibility with some of the most core mods in the Monster pack. Until these incompatibilities are addressed, the SpecialMobs Mod will only be in hindrance and frustration to those who are trying to get the most out of this wonderful server and the amazing Monster modpack.

Thanks,

~Pilkie

Last edited:

Pilkie

Jul 29, 2019
I am writing this as a follow up to the replacement of special mobs. It would seem that the problems caused by special mobs have all been solved. The TiC weapons' special abilities are working like they're supposed to, all skin samples introduced by Advanced Genetics can now be collected, wither skeletons are able to drop wither heads and wither bones now and the new Lycanite mobs interact with armor introduced by mods without any problems.

TL;DR: It looks like everything is working like it's supposed to, awesome work!

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
server appears to be down :(

Appeared to come back online but I was unable to join after multiple attempts, just went to "End of Stream." Now it's showing as offline again. :/

EDIT: thinking it may be due to MC servers being down and slow as hell today

EDIT: okay, MC servers are back up, seems that the whole day got rolled back?

EDIT: yeah, server keeps crashing, lame :/

EDIT: bahaha, okay, whole day wasn't reset, just a small chunk of it, my drops from WAY early this morning were still floating on the ground, but the server DOES keep crashing

Last edited:

Pilkie

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot reach the server either.

EDIT: Krazykhd and I were able to get on, but our skins (and your skin) were all bugging out and you know the rest.

EDIT: The server works fine now, and the skins are just the MC april fools joke. The skin was probably broken by one/some of the mods we're running.

Last edited:

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to get on a few times now too but it's stuck in some bizarre reset/crash loop that rolls back certain things.

EDIT: things appear to all be in working order now :)

Last edited:

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
Server down, went down the second a player named Ninzin (i think) logged in.

This server desperately needs some more people that can restart.

KrazykHD

Jul 29, 2019
The server is down, and I agree with Aleck that there should be more Admins/Moderators that would be able to restart the server.

Edit: Still not able to connect to the server

Last edited:

Bartna

Jul 29, 2019
i will be rolling it back to yesterday before the issue happened to see if that fixes the problem.
the logs mention to many mods for me to look into each one.

Server should be up now, if the problem comes back though is a waiting game

Last edited:

Aleck

Jul 29, 2019
So is that a no on the prospect of having more staff? This server set up is absolutely amazing in comparison to what is available for Monster out there, but if the server crashes every day, or even every few days, and we all just have to wait for you to get home from work to reset it and roll it back so we can all wait for it to happen again ... I think we can all safely assume that this server will not exist within a month. :p

That being said, I'm sure many potentially trustworthy people are available and willing to do the job.

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019
So is that a no on the prospect of having more staff? This server set up is absolutely amazing in comparison to what is available for Monster out there, but if the server crashes every day, or even every few days, and we all just have to wait for you to get home from work to reset it and roll it back so we can all wait for it to happen again ... I think we can all safely assume that this server will not exist within a month. :p

That being said, I'm sure many potentially trustworthy people are available and willing to do the job.

That is a very pessimistic point of view. By the way it will still exist after a month. Bartna is a great server host

Bartna

Jul 29, 2019
Guys as this is not my forum and i'm using it mainly as a temp news board for the server please send complaints like that via the mail on essentials or a pm here not a post please.[DOUBLEPOST=1396558074][/DOUBLEPOST]i will be making a simple forum for us soon by the way

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019
I crashed the server by going past the world border by accident, oops :(

Edit: the server came back up, so I joined and quickly moved back into the world, but then it crashed again, so I might still be past the world border

Last edited: