FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
We planned today as a release date well before we thought of also doing a seperate april fools day prank.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is this thing stable enough to download yet? I'm downloading it atm but not sure if im wasting my time.

edit: fwiw, I know some people have been having trouble with the download, but I'm not experiencing any difficulties. The pack loaded just fine on my side.

If there's outstanding issues, I wonder if they could be in relation to the joke-pack released previously (which I did not download) and if it could be "fixed" by deleting that pack first.

Last edited:

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
anyone has this problem? lava and water blocks dont flow:

2016_04_01_20_14_45.png

edit: nvm, just put a block on the space and break it flow the fluid, sorry.

Last edited:

weardo05

Jul 29, 2019
They just announced on twitter that the real version is going live. It will be on curse within the hour however, when I try and install it load up vanilla
okay im no longer pissed i was like if you had time for this shit the pack better be done

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
OK, it's been forever and a half since I ran a server. I have the folder and files installed on my Mac-Mini... ummmm... how do I launch this beast? I really want it sitting on my server...

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
We planned today as a release date well before we thought of also doing a seperate april fools day prank.

Thankyou to you and everyone involved for your hard work. And please don't let the assholes who somehow think they are entitled to your work for free get you down!

And bonus points for releasing on a Friday night! That's my weekend (and probably many more) sorted!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I just hope FtB wasn't pressured into an early release because of the Whining Walters...:)

And please don't let the assholes who somehow think they are entitled

I am not getting either of these statements. Of course about all of this I tracked was this thread.

I did notice that some alternatives were discussed for while waiting and as a alternative altogether. I was even a part of those discussions. Even when the prank pack was released I enjoyed trying to make it into a working pack. I was never bothered by their choices. All the posts I did see seamed to imply they would like to play the actual pack. I never got did see any whining or entitled sorts.

I wouldn't mind a run down of went into the prank pack though. I am starting to think it was the infinity evolved pack with alterations to make it appear to be the infinity island pack. I am not for sure though and am very curious as to how it was done and the thoughts that went into it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I am not getting either of these statements. Of course about all of this I tracked was this thread.

I did notice that some alternatives were discussed for while waiting and as a alternative altogether. I was even a part of those discussions. Even when the prank pack was released I enjoyed trying to make it into a working pack. I was never bothered by their choices. All the posts I did see seamed to imply they would like to play the actual pack. I never got did see any whining or entitled sorts.

I wouldn't mind a run down of went into the prank pack though. I am starting to think it was the infinity evolved pack with alterations to make it appear to be the infinity island pack. I am not for sure though and am very curious as to how it was done and the thoughts that went into it.

I enjoyed the prank myself... I'm just sad the version of the pack wasn't listed as "1.4.16" or some similar date convention :D

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys I am currently uploading a Quick start guide for This Skyblock but i thought i would post a few tips here for you.

1. Only make the 1*1 smelter from TiCo at the start. Once you get an ingot cast you can smelt double compressed cobble down for seared bricks using the ingot cast.
2. Make the Water tank from Agr as each one holds 8 buckets of water and will multi block together.
3. Instead of using water bottles to fill your Barrel up smelt some tin ingots and use cans. It will take 3 in a upside down v shape and will let you move water and lava around till you get a bucket.(3=12 cans) It is also a good way to store extra lava when your crucible is full.
4. With a 1% drop rate of diamonds it will take over 300+ gravel to get your World Inter Upgrade for the transfer node. (if you are lucky) :)
5.Make a little platform off to the side and place 4 logs 2 or more blocks apart. Once you get shears place leaf Blocks 1 block out and 2 blocks high around the logs. Then infect each one. When you use you crook on them leave the one on top the logs and then the next time you place leaf blocks it will auto spread with out more worms.
6. Make the compressing draw and use it instead on the reg one on your cobble gen. The recipe is easy to make and will save you time.

Hope these tips help!

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest enabling Avaritia items instead of only the dire crafting table. It actually gives cool items that are really hard to obtain (not like DE without tweaks) and it gives a new set of end game item goals for the ones of us who already made all the creative items in the 'normal' infinity expert mode.

They are damn OP? Yes. Are they also damn hard to obtain? yes! So.... why not?

And if you still think they are not hard enough... You can always tweak their recipes a little more :p

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
What I have yet to see referenced anywhere is how to get your smeltery up and running with your first 10 iron.

Ender IO Liquid tank between Crucible and Seared tank.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
What I have yet to see referenced anywhere is how to get your smeltery up and running with your first 10 iron.

The faucets and channels in tinkers' construct work as pipes. Haven't really tried them though to see if they would work. The tinkers' smeltery glass, smeltery windows, and smerltery tanks all might work as tanks and keep there contents when picked up. As I remember some of the Ex Nihilo stuff being sided.

Even the same mods work differently depending on the pack they are used it. So it is always hard to tell for certain if something will work the way I think it does till I try it in that pack.

Edit:
Forgot the smeltery recipe is tougher. Might just be able to use the first faucet and tank that is needed for it.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
The faucets and channels in tinkers' construct work as pipes. Haven't really tried them though to see if they would work. The tinkers' smeltery glass, smeltery windows, and smerltery tanks all might work as tanks and keep there contents when picked up. As I remember some of the Ex Nihilo stuff being sided.

Even the same mods work differently depending on the pack they are used it. So it is always hard to tell for certain if something will work the way I think it does till I try it in that pack.

Edit:
Forgot the smeltery recipe is tougher. Might just be able to use the first faucet and tank that is needed for it.

I think I was unclear. I have successfully made Obsidian in the stone barrel before having a bucket by using the flowing water that is part of the cobble gen. I have a fully operational smelter also. All of this is possible since the IO Tank has built in push/pull ability.

S

sotetsu

How do we get vis for thaumcraft? I don't see any nodes or node crafting recipes, and most of botania/thaumcraft/witchery/blood magic are blocked behind arcane stone, which requires vis.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

I posted this with my tips above but maybe you didn't see it. use Cans to transport lava till you get a bucket. A can is 3 tin in a upside down v shape and you will get 12.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think I was unclear. I have successfully made Obsidian in the stone barrel before having a bucket by using the flowing water that is part of the cobble gen. I have a fully operational smelter also. All of this is possible since the IO Tank has built in push/pull ability.
If you put a Tico Tank on top of a drain you can fill it and it will drain into the smelter. It will take water and lava. You will need the Block cast to get Obsi out.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
How do we get vis for thaumcraft? I don't see any nodes or node crafting recipes, and most of botania/thaumcraft/witchery/blood magic are blocked behind arcane stone, which requires vis.
I believe you should be able to make a mob spawning platform and as long as you keep the wand on your bar you should be able to fill it that way.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv

There are thaumcraft nodes in the world right down at the bottom, you'll need flight or a mob farm to fill your wand. Or a network of low y level platforms I guess.

Gamewalker

Jul 29, 2019
Hm I use humus for my farms and after some time, they get bugged. U cant grow anything anymore and u need to replace them to get them working again. Someone else with the problem?
Edit: seems like the humus is changing to sand and not always showing this.

Another annoying thing, I spent hours to get mushrooms (red and brown spore) and u can only use them in nether, so I decided to breed white ones but u cant grow them in the nether, so u cant get white ones. Am I missing something?

Last edited: