FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Yutang

Jul 29, 2019
They just announced on twitter that the real version is going live. It will be on curse within the hour however, when I try and install it load up vanilla

D

DanielTroll

Same for me, either delayed something on their servers, too many downloads or just another troll..

Nvm: For people having difficulties, it looks like the files are still syncing, It should resolve itself for everyone in the next 10-20 minutes - source twitter

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
That doesn't seem right though, as the FTB launcher successfully downloads 171MB of files (if it was a server sync error you'd expect the download to fail) but then for some reason doesn't unpack them, and you end up with empty directories where the mods should be.

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
When I click on launch in the FTB launcher, the log says 'Modpack is out of date' but then starts the download. I guess that's the sync problem, the version the launcher thinks should be there doesn't match. So I see what they mean now :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I just successfully DL-ed and launched from the Curse client.

I may have been first as the description said "Downloads: 0"... However, it IS definitely there now, not the AFD joke.

BTW, I'm disappointed that the joke wasn't version "4.1.16" :D

Zadkiel

Jul 29, 2019
Doh, I thought it was working, as I no longer got the 'Modpack is out of date' message in the console, and the download speed was much slower, but once again I ended up with no mods. Time for dinner :)

Aphenro

Nov 8, 2012
FTB Launcher is giving this error:
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
pack.json file not found-Forge/Liteloader will not be able to load!

Edit:
Error is now fixed am successfully able to launch.

Last edited:

Gamewalker

Jul 29, 2019
God damn, the 2 Versions on curse are not really helping. Downloaded the server files from FTB and the client from Curse and took the Infinity Skyblock instead if Infinity Evolved Skyblock.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to this flawless experience that will have zero bugs or problems and be 100% fully fleshed out without anything imbalanced thanks to the quality twitch testers and extensive testing period.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Looking forward to this flawless experience that will have zero bugs or problems and be 100% fully fleshed out without anything imbalanced thanks to the quality twitch testers and extensive testing period.
This is funny if its only partially serious :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

I just hope FtB wasn't pressured into an early release because of the Whining Walters...:)