FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply! Not sure how the mode changing code works in the back end, do you mean that the pack isn't being specifically balanced for both modes (but you can still toggle) or the pack is effectively completely separate from the non-skyblock version and mode switching isn't implemented at all?
One set of recipes. Only Expert. No modes.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
That's unfortunate, but understandable. Thanks for clarifying for me. Not sure if it's worth it for me if it's just expert but I hope other people enjoy it!
It will be. The key to "Expert" mode is all about the automation, anything you will use as a material for crafting should be automated. If automating the hell out of your base does not appeal to you, this map will get frustrating.

CuteTurret

Jul 29, 2019
On the automation topic, I'm excited to use LP again, its been a while. I stopped using it since my base partner complained about lag and we moved to AE

I

IndieAstronaut

It will be. The key to "Expert" mode is all about the automation, anything you will use as a material for crafting should be automated. If automating the hell out of your base does not appeal to you, this map will get frustrating.

I have little time to play since I'm older and have a job and a partner so like the time sink of expert mode seems off-putting. But I also really like automation and the progression forcing you to use mods you might otherwise just ignore is kind of appealing. If there was a similar progression but with more normal recipies it would be a no-brainer for me. As it is though It's an interesting conflict and I'm certainly not completely out, it'll more depend on my situation whenever it goes live.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
One set of recipes. Only Expert. No modes.
I was wondering about that. I was really hoping both modes would be possible. I had heard the "Expert" only bit a long time back. I was hoping they might be able/willing to change that. This later I am guessing it is best I give up that hope and move on.

I guess I can look around for a different pack then. I found I don't like having things handed to me to much. Like the Equivalent Exchange type mods do. I also don't care much for forced tech progression in "Expert" mode. I think both are equally likeable. I just don't like either of them. Oh, well. It was nice tracking it while the hope lasted.

Everyone that does play it, I hope you all vastly enjoy it. It is always nice to find a enjoyable pack.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on how the MineTweaker files get arranged, it might be viable to take the skyblock recipes/quests and mix them with the normal mode recipes.
I thought about that. Someone PMed me about just making it normal, through another method.

I was thinking the easiest way may just be to dump garden of glass into the current Infinity Evolved pack. It would be Normal mode exclusive though. As I don't think it would be possible to get far with Expert's mode recipe changes blocking progression. Other parts of progression might be blocked with configuring the mod pack a little to open them up. Mostly world gen stuff. That and the exclusivity of modes has kept me from trying it. I don't much care for the idea of locking one mode out. I guess it is a meaningless consideration though. Since I will be the only one using the modification.

Thanks, I hadn't fully thought that through. I might just go do that now.

Edit:
Forgot that world get might be a issue too. My island has a Whickerman within sight of it. I haven't seen any slime islands though.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could just Add the ex whatever mods to regular Infinity and dl a skyblock map or use the mod that makes it so you can only gen void world's.
All this work FTB is doing IS what the wait is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
You could just Add the ex whatever mods to regular Infinity and dl a skyblock map or use the mod that makes it so you can only gen void world's.
All this work FTB is doing IS what the wait is.

That is basically all garden of glass is. It is a slight modification to Botania that can be selected at world gen. It will put you on a sky island map and slightly alter a few botania settings to make it possible to thrive. It is a companion mod to Botania.

I am using it as it takes dropping in less files. The lists you make would require at least a little more effort. I haven't fully explored garden of glass. I do know progression in it is fully possible. When applied to infinity I don't know how it will turn out. I expect it will have about the same compatibility as using ex nihilo, ex astris, and a sky block map.

I know that the FTB are trying to make a entire modpack with all mods compatible with the sky island setting using the Infinity Evolved expert mode as the base.. Later it might be worth ripping apart their finished project to make a "Normal" mode version of it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hell you can get a similar experience by using the ex whatever mods in a flat world gen. You don't have the falling out of the world thing but it's the same experience. Make a cobble gen and sift yourself to greatness.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
The above would be a lot harder- you'd get one hell of a monster horde at night. And the slimes during the day. I quite like the idea :)
It would also allow for presets. The 1.7.10 implementation is rather basic when compared to 1.9.x. It still allows for a shit ton of customization though.

I think the falling out of the world is one of the biggest things that brings me back to sky maps I happen to get a little giddy on unobstructed heights in real life. It translates over to sky maps well. Custom worlds with presets would be a really awesome option. Especially if preset sharing and challenges based on them could ever become a thing.

It will at least be something to tide people over until Infinity Island is released.

T

TMDHunter

Does anyone know if there are there any mods specific to skyblocks other than Ex-Nihilo, Ex-Astris and Ex-Compressium that IE:E Skyblock adds?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there are there any mods specific to skyblocks other than Ex-Nihilo, Ex-Astris and Ex-Compressium that IE:E Skyblock adds?
Garden of Glass, A companion mod of Botanias, might count.

It is a full sky block system rolled into one mod. To fully understand how it works it is easier just to look it up. It can even be used along side the Ex-x mods. It provides a totally different progression system then they do.

It does require botania though and depends heavily on it for functionality.

Edit:
The biggest issue with its use in the infinity pack is it does depend on botania. Botania's progression has been heavily modified in Infinity's Expert mode. For max compatibility the Ex-x mods will work better. If Expert mode isn't a worry Garden of Glass is much easier to install.

It is fully opinion on which is better for newbs to both mods, or to which mod should be used over the other.

Last edited:

Steelcrusher

Jul 29, 2019
WoW its great that you already got it out!

*Edit

I feel dissapointed...... look like il still be waiting ... *sigh*

Last edited: