FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
does the activator aim at a block? I think if you've the activator aim at air the activator will not use the watering can properly, but if you for example have it aimed at a block it'll work
I tried that.

Can anyone confirm that the Watering Can (Reinforced) is working in an Autonomous Activator in their Infinity 1.2.1 world? If not, I'll log it as a bug.

Last edited:

yoda64

Jul 29, 2019
Great work!

An alternative for emeralds (although not an early game one) is Blood Magic's Mark of the Falling Tower ritual. Got a stack and a half of emeralds from that and my fortune III Bound Pickaxe.

Yep that'll work :p. Although the main emerald problem is early game (considering most mods require at least one emerald to progress at some point) so this method isn't all that helpful. (having said that you are right and it is Super Effective!) Then again so is the MFR Laser and other methods.

Though I reckon that if emeralds are a problem, which is mostly for progression (which they are depending on the mod/modpack you are playing) you would be best going for villager trading. (Personaly i re-enabled villager shedding in the Botania config and trapped a few villagers for my needs) Which was possibly disabled due to how easy it was to get emeralds that way.

Now, if you aren't going that route, then Nether Emeralds (which are still hard to find) or BOP Extreme Hills+ biomes are your best bet. Just don't forget to silktouch/fortune them where possible. (I usually avoid mining them unless I have silk touch or fortune III to get the most out of them.)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Errrrrr couple o' issues with 1.2.1

1. Jetpack sound, who the hell turned this on?

\minecraft\config\simplyjetpacks-client

"sound settings" {
# When enabled, jetpacks will make sounds when used.
B:"Jetpack Sounds"=true

Change to false

2. Can anyone craft a drawbridge?
3. AA's now require power and I can't seem to find a config to change that...

minecraft\config\cofh\thermalexpansion\common

Activator {
I:ActivationEnergy=20
I:BasePower=20
B:Recipe.Enable=true

Change 20 to 0 to disable this

4. Why in Jesus' sweaty ballsacks did they take the time to code an entire new microblock system for dynamics? Instantly removed for me.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
WARNING: I just got a "Relative" link panel from a villager, so those playing on servers should be aware that people might be able to use these to breach base security, unless your server ops have disabled it.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
2. Can anyone craft a drawbridge?
3. AA's now require power and I can't seem to find a config to change that...
4. Why in Jesus' sweaty ballsacks did they take the time to code an entire new microblock system for dynamics? Instantly removed for me.
2. Yes, I just made some half an hour ago.
3. They appear not to work with the Watering Can (Reinforced) any more as well :(.
4. Apparently items moving through multiparts was causing a performance problem.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
2. Yes, I just made some half an hour ago.
3. They appear not to work with the Watering Can (Reinforced) any more as well :(.
4. Apparently items moving through multiparts was causing a performance problem.

2. Hmmm must've done something odd then
3. You giving it power?
4. Honestly don't care, slowing everyone's load time to load up an entire set of multiparts just for your stupid pipes that'll probably lag everything to **** like the last ones. No thanks. I'll use EnderIO and put all my pipes in one block thanks.

Reactions: EndlessFields

pudge171

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this has already been asked or discussed, I haven't seen it yet, but is there a config in thaumcraft to either up or lower the probability of treasure bags dropping, or a config to increase or decease the amount of special mobs that spawn that drop said bags?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this has already been asked or discussed, I haven't seen it yet, but is there a config in thaumcraft to either up or lower the probability of treasure bags dropping, or a config to increase or decease the amount of special mobs that spawn that drop said bags?
You can stop the special mobs that drop the treasure bags from spawning outside of the outer lands in the config.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
There's no particles but it is working for me, I'm using sneak right click maybe that helps
Interesting, I'm not sure if I tried sneak. It works for me in a Dynamism Tablet, also no particles, but I'm pretty sure there's no effect in the AA. Hm, something just occurred to me, I think all the attempts have been in an AA pointing downwards, which was working in 1.1.0. I'll try it sideways tonight in case that makes a difference, as well as the sneak.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I'm not sure if I tried sneak. It works for me in a Dynamism Tablet, also no particles, but I'm pretty sure there's no effect in the AA. Hm, something just occurred to me, I think all the attempts have been in an AA pointing downwards, which was working in 1.1.0. I'll try it sideways tonight in case that makes a difference, as well as the sneak.

Mine's set up sideways.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So what is the 1.3.1 update all about? Atlassian.net doesn't even list it yet.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
So.. work with the multiparts people to get this fixed? Seems like a much better solution then "Yet another cover implementation"
I really don't know the technical details. Maybe there are plans to fix it, it might have to wait for MineCraft 1.8 or 1.9 as I don't think anyone wants to deal with a major rewrite of a core mod that so many other mods hook into.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it seems WAWLA is still crashing me when I look at signal busses from tinkers mechworks, so for now I'll still keep WAWLA disabled, which is kind of a shame because it does add some extra information which is quite nice