FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

yoda64

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided to do my own research on the matter of emerald ore spawns. I spent the better half on an hour just biome hunting :S

-Tested on the latest version of the Infinity 1.7 pack (v1.2.1)
-Newly generated world. (Only tested on one world as it was time consuming enough to find the correct biomes)
-Default World Type.
-Cheats Enabled.
-Used the "/cofh clearblocks" command to clear away 90% of other terrain and ores to better spot the Emeralds.

I can clearly say that Emerald Ore spawns in the current packs are messed up (haven't tested it but I believe this would be affecting the Direwolf20 pack and others as they would use the same configs.)

One of my tests on this world involved clearing a 2000x150x2000 section covering mostly an Extreme Hills biome. Let me tell you THAT was a mistake :S My PC struggled to complete the commands and I ended up force quitting Java.

After the dust had settled I rummaged through the area and found NO emerald ore in 'this' Extreme Hills biome :(

I decided to try an Extreme Hills+ biome from BOP (which was also adjacent to a regular EH biome) but on a smaller scale. About a 300x150x300 section this time.

My results were interesting.
gqSYf.jpg

gqT0O.jpg

gqSW8.jpg

First of all, EMERALD ORE!

Secondly, you can see that the F3 info and the minimap are conflicting as to whether the biome is an EH or EH+.

I flew around carefully checking which biomes the ores were in and some were in the EH but most were in the EH+. According to "minecraft.gamepedia.com/Emerald_Ore"
Emerald ore is only generated in extreme hills biomes (which actually contain more emerald ore chunks than diamond ore chunks). Due to the nature of the generation algorithm, it may be found a short distance into adjacent biomes, but always within the same chunk as an extreme hills biome.

TLDR:
I conclude (like many others) that Emeralds do NOT spawn in the default Extreme Hills. However they can be found in the Extreme Hills+ from BOP and this is where you should focus your efforts.

I will also say that if you really NEED emeralds, use a cursed earth mob grinder for treasure bags or get a villager farm setup for trading.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Great job Yoda. I totally forgot about CoFH clearblocks and I've been one of the biggest proponents of using that method for all sorts of things - this is the perfect situation to utilize it. Now if we can just get an "official person" from the modpack to comment...

It's not a big deal to me, but you might want to enclose your images with [ spoiler ] tags because I know large images can make it difficult for some people browsing thru the thread. Just a helpful suggestion to help everybody out. Just say "Images are in spoiler" or something. Thanks again!

yoda64

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks asb3pe. Images are now Spoiler-ified.

Now if we can just get an "official person" from the modpack to comment...
I couldn't agree more. I'm actually suprised there hasn't been anything yet.

This issue is probably affecting all Official FTB 1.7 packs (other than Direwolf and Infinity, I don't know what other packs there are for 1.7) as they would be using the same generic Configs plus or minus any pack specific changes.

I've had the same issue with the Direwolf pack (although I haven't tested it like Infinity).

My guess is that it was an oversight during the pack creation that hasn't been fixed. Then again it could have been a deliberate way to force people into alternative ways of gaining Emeralds (e.g. trading, melting villagers, etc.) but that doesn't make sense in a kitchen sink pack, especially when I found Diamonds quite plentiful during my test.

On the note of alternate ways of getting emeralds, I'd love to see an IC2 Industrial Emerald :p

Matt_willey

Jul 29, 2019
Have not tuch draconic evolution yet, so much to do so little time. Im still trying to understand rf tools. Having fun though.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Mog Grinders, what's the differences between MFR & Draconic Evolution?

The most obvious difference to me right now is entrance level. MFR is pretty simple to craft even quite early in your world, whereas Draconic Evolution is (or seems at least) to be generally more powerful equipment for later game play.

The MFR grinder kills instantly while using power and generates mob essence (usually paired with a MFR auto-spawner which used the essence to spawn captured mobs). This does not count as a player kill, so certain mob drops will not generate in this way. Plug it in and let it go.

The DE grinder burns its own fuel (any furnace fuel will do) but the resources needed to build it push it back significantly. Opposed to the MFR grinder, the DE simulates player kills allowing full loot drops. It also happens to withstand explosion, including the explosive spawn of the wither, making it perfect for wither star farming.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You can also consider the RFTools shield system as a mob grinder. It is configurable to allow both player as well as non-player kill and uses RF to operate. You can build a shield in any shape you want and it is also Wither proof (but do protect the shield projector block or put it far enough away).

You can also configure what entities can go through the shield and what entities get damage from it.

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.
Sorry I need some help there.

Using FTB Infinity 1.2.1. At some point of gameplay some of head textures disappeared. They are: Head, Creeper head, Skeleton skull and Wither skeleton skull. It's not such a big problem, but it is annoying because I cannot do this
dsswJIJ.png
lOs7H1B.jpg

icPDXEC.png

I tried:
  • Disable Fastcraft
  • Use some resource pack (it has heads textures)
  • Complete reinstalling pack helps (but that's not a solution, right)
Maybe someone have a solution?

Matt_willey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok this is getting beyond a joke, every time update my mod packs the quarry ends up spitting item's from the top. Is there any way to fix this issue and is anyone else having the same issue. infinity and direwolf20 packs.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.
Sorry I need some help there.

Using FTB Infinity 1.2.1. At some point of gameplay some of head textures disappeared. They are: Head, Creeper head, Skeleton skull and Wither skeleton skull. It's not such a big problem, but it is annoying because I cannot do this
dsswJIJ.png
lOs7H1B.jpg

icPDXEC.png

I tried:
  • Disable Fastcraft
  • Use some resource pack (it has heads textures)
  • Complete reinstalling pack helps (but that's not a solution, right)
Maybe someone have a solution?

I do know headcrumbs replaces all the heads with it's own heads, so perhaps the problem is with headcrumbs

Ok this is getting beyond a joke, every time update my mod packs the quarry ends up spitting item's from the top. Is there any way to fix this issue and is anyone else having the same issue. infinity and direwolf20 packs.

do you have the quarry output the items into a chest first?
if you've the quarry output the items directly into pipes this may happen

Reactions: Birello

Bloodx_x

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, so with the new update comes multiple errors and crashes as usual with minecraft, I also dont really understand crash reports or how to fix it. It just looks like a bunch of jibberish to me ha. If anyone could help I would love you for all eternity. Ok so when I go to join the server, it logs in and then crashes.

http://pastebin.com/Bdhad21M

This is is also the error the server gets when I join and crash

http://pastebin.com/1Wb6uqCe

Matt_willey

Jul 29, 2019
I do know headcrumbs replaces all the heads with it's own heads, so perhaps the problem is with headcrumbs

do you have the quarry output the items into a chest first?
if you've the quarry output the items directly into pipes this may happen
Never had this issue before. Is only happened after the update. It's useless to attach a chest as it slow down the voiding of items. Just when with the ender quarry instead.

ChaoticPancakes

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally put my jetpack (tier 2) into a fluid transposer instead of the energetic infuser. The machine then disappeared with the jetpack inside it. Tried updating the block and relogging, but it was just gone.

Annoying_Anomaly

Jul 29, 2019
Um.... my friend has this pack installed and there are way too many mobs bogging down the server. Does anyone have any idea how to change spawn rates for lycanites and vanilla mobs? millions of squid in the ocean are ridiculous :D
thanks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick to getting an Autonomous Activator to work with a Watering Can (Reinforced) in 1.2.1? I have powered them, but can't get them to work. Any suggestions?

does the activator aim at a block? I think if you've the activator aim at air the activator will not use the watering can properly, but if you for example have it aimed at a block it'll work

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided to do my own research on the matter of emerald ore spawns. I spent the better half on an hour just biome hunting :S

-Tested on the latest version of the Infinity 1.7 pack (v1.2.1)
-Newly generated world. (Only tested on one world as it was time consuming enough to find the correct biomes)
-Default World Type.
-Cheats Enabled.
-Used the "/cofh clearblocks" command to clear away 90% of other terrain and ores to better spot the Emeralds.

I can clearly say that Emerald Ore spawns in the current packs are messed up (haven't tested it but I believe this would be affecting the Direwolf20 pack and others as they would use the same configs.)

One of my tests on this world involved clearing a 2000x150x2000 section covering mostly an Extreme Hills biome. Let me tell you THAT was a mistake :S My PC struggled to complete the commands and I ended up force quitting Java.

After the dust had settled I rummaged through the area and found NO emerald ore in 'this' Extreme Hills biome :(

I decided to try an Extreme Hills+ biome from BOP (which was also adjacent to a regular EH biome) but on a smaller scale. About a 300x150x300 section this time.

My results were interesting.
gqSYf.jpg

gqT0O.jpg

gqSW8.jpg

First of all, EMERALD ORE!

Secondly, you can see that the F3 info and the minimap are conflicting as to whether the biome is an EH or EH+.

I flew around carefully checking which biomes the ores were in and some were in the EH but most were in the EH+. According to "minecraft.gamepedia.com/Emerald_Ore"

TLDR:
I conclude (like many others) that Emeralds do NOT spawn in the default Extreme Hills. However they can be found in the Extreme Hills+ from BOP and this is where you should focus your efforts.

I will also say that if you really NEED emeralds, use a cursed earth mob grinder for treasure bags or get a villager farm setup for trading.

Great work!

An alternative for emeralds (although not an early game one) is Blood Magic's Mark of the Falling Tower ritual. Got a stack and a half of emeralds from that and my fortune III Bound Pickaxe.