FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice if there was some sort of end tier for anchors, which you could teleport to anywhere in the world using and upgraded staff, but ofcourse at a much higher cost
I often use mystcraft for dimension/world travelling, but I'd really love a good alternative for it, because I get such bad lag if I use mystcraft too much

This already exists as Draconian Evolution's Enhanced Charm of Dislocation. Uses ender pearls as fuel (one for each travel) my only travelling tool for late game.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone happen to have any big reactors control code? It seems that my go-to EZ-NUKE one crashes in this version.

BigDrewskii

Sep 20, 2014
Murca
patreonminers.enjin.com
Would any one be able to find a list of Items that you could possible use to Duplicated with? We are having a few players every so often whom are duplicating using there chests. But our Prism logs aren't showing us how it was done. We are running v1.2.0 with the latest cauldron build. I would Prefer a PM if possible! Thanks
-Drew

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Now that we've come back to emeralds, I feel I should report some brief play experience. Our server was generated in 1.2.1, and I've started speculation mining in a few areas now. Doing one chunk branch mining at level 12 in a few BoP biomes, namely the Extreme Hills+ and the Crag in which I've settled, I've come out with more diamonds and emeralds than I expected. The Crag in particular netted me 13 emerald ore and two dense emerd ore. If you're unfamiliar with the dense emerd ore, it can be pulverized into four emerald ore (which can in turn be pulverized into two emeralds each). After the first emerald, I had silk touch on my pick, so every ore goes to the pulverizer now.

The reason I find this rate so impressive is the sheer size of the crag biome. It takes well over a full day on foot to circumnavigate it. If I hollow out the underside complely, I'll be drowning in emeralds before I melt my first villager.

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a good tutorial for Draconic Evolution? I'd like to learn more about it since it looks interesting.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Why do we have 2 map mods? One for J and one for M. I believe that the one for M was recently added because it was the first key I pressed and it didn't work when I first started. I did it again by accident in 1.3.1 and a map appeared.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
The Chisel 2 Mod has an auto-chisel block which allows you to chisel blocks. Well it requires a chisel to be placed in it and every time you chisel a block it changes the metadata of the chisel. My diamond chisel is at metadata: 5260:698.

My question is: Will the increasing metadata value cause any harm to my game? Could it turn into a bugged chisel or make it so my world won't be able to start?

MagicalMagic_

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should definitely consider adding mods such as Ars Magica 2 or Equivalent Exchange 3. I've experimented with these two mods and I think they make the mod pack a little more enjoyable to play.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
AM2, maybe if it's stable, but it's heavy on world gen, and there's already a lot of magic in Infinity! I don't think EE is right for a KSP. I also don't think it should be added to an existing pack, as it would radically change the balance of servers that already have an economy.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The pack makers don't accept any recommendations unfortunately, they'll add it if they(and only they) feel it fits. Can always add it yourself, we'll probably see EE3 but AM is unlikely there's too much magic in the pack already and they won't add anything with world gen

BTW 1.5.1 is absolutely glorious, everyone should update immediately from the steaming turd that was 1.4.1

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
BTW 1.5.1 is absolutely glorious, everyone should update immediately from the steaming turd that was 1.4.1
I tried 1.5.1 briefly but my world became unplayably laggy within a couple of minutes, I might try it again.

Also I'm glad I'd generated a fairly large area of the overworld early on, as something has changed in worldgen at some point and I now have huge flat chunk boundary walls where the terrain gen changes. Probably this was when the "Twilight Forest biomes in the Overworld" problem was fixed.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I tried 1.5.1 briefly but my world became unplayably laggy within a couple of minutes, I might try it again.

Also I'm glad I'd generated a fairly large area of the overworld early on, as something has changed in worldgen at some point and I now have huge flat chunk boundary walls where the terrain gen changes. Probably this was when the "Twilight Forest biomes in the Overworld" problem was fixed.

Mystcraft profiles again but once I removed it(or wait till it's done) all my problems in 1.4.1 were gone.

BinaryMan

Jul 29, 2019
I never had any lag or technical problems with Monster, but I had to really lower my graphical settings on Infinity. Even with fast graphics, I had ridiculous lag in marsh areas with the murky liquid layer near surface for unknown reasons. That was the only really bad technical problem I encountered. The game still has random pauses that are not chunk gen related, so I'm not really sure why it's all over the place. Neither CPU or GPU appeared to be tapped out and I have plenty of RAM, and plenty allocated to game (4GB helped over 2GB default). I have an SSD, but there were no disk spikes so it's not that either. I'm hesitant to mess around with OptiFine and not sure it would even help.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
The only thing that I can narrow it down to that caused lag in Infinity 1.4.1 is a big hungry node with 8 other nodes around it at the corners of a 9x9 cube, but I'm not entirely convinced that that was the cause.