FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I haven't had any either, and I removed Witchery. Maybe it's that. It should show the source mod in WAILA though, surely?
I removed Blood Magic, Witchery, Thaumcraft and all it's add ons, Forbidden Magic, Computercraft/Open peripherals, and Hats/Hatstands/Ichun util. So it is one of them. I prefer more tech and decorative building mods. I got tired of all the world gen, ores, mob drops etc that they all add that I never use. I love big pakcs with lots of stuff to play with, but the limited size of your player inventory makes it a pain to have too many sometimes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's thaumcraft which adds the treasure bags. the treasure bags are rare drops from special mobs, similar to how Infernal mobs work.
these mobs will have a nametag and a special ability, and the more difficult the mob is, the greates the treasure

Neko303

Jul 29, 2019
For teleportation? Travel anchors to travel anchors will work just fine. But keep in mind that there is an effective range between each anchor, which I believe is somewhere around 24 blocks by default? There is a config option for it to increase/decrease the effective range.

Though have a Staff of Travelling is convenient as you don't have to stand on an anchor to teleport.
I meant using the travel anchor to access the Ender IO properly. Has anyone gotten their Ender IOs to work?

EDIT: Derped. The room I had the EnderIO in was too small. The camera was behind the wall and it kept on registering my clicks on the wall rather than on the machines. Time to rebuild that room.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
it's thaumcraft which adds the treasure bags. the treasure bags are rare drops from special mobs, similar to how Infernal mobs work.
these mobs will have a nametag and a special ability, and the more difficult the mob is, the greates the treasure

I got 2000 Treasure Bags from my Cursed Earth mob grinder, so I opened them all up the other day. Took a while. LOL

I got around 20,000 gold coins (Thaumcraft, no idea what I can do with those), along with a TON of potions, both regular and splash (threw most of those away, pretty useless, so they don't clutter up my AE2 storage). The "Uncommon" bags yielded a lot of armor (threw that away also, already using Flux Armor) and a bunch of spell books. Oddly, every single spell book was "Blast Protection I". meh Threw those all away too since I've already made more than I can use of those Ender Quarry blocks that require spell books in the recipe.

But the reason I'm posting this is because I had a heck of a time finding emeralds in Infinity (like a lot of other people)... and the Uncommon bags provided me with over 100 (!) emeralds in total!! That was a huge, massive bonus and made all the time I spent well worth the effort. Also got a lot of Ender Pearls (have too many of those already) and Gold Ingots (always useful).

I also got one "Rare" Treasure Bag. One out of 2000. LOL Yeah, that's rare all right. But when I opened it, it was a complete disappointment. Just some enchanted low-level armor and a couple of other things that were so memorable that I already forgot what they were. LOL

tl;dr: "Uncommon" Treasure Bags yield the best treasure IMO - emeralds! Unless you're into gold coins, not much else of value in them.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I got 2000 Treasure Bags from my Cursed Earth mob grinder, so I opened them all up the other day. Took a while. LOL

I got around 20,000 gold coins (Thaumcraft, no idea what I can do with those), along with a TON of potions, both regular and splash (threw most of those away, pretty useless, so they don't clutter up my AE2 storage). The "Uncommon" bags yielded a lot of armor (threw that away also, already using Flux Armor) and a bunch of spell books. Oddly, every single spell book was "Blast Protection I". meh Threw those all away too since I've already made more than I can use of those Ender Quarry blocks that require spell books in the recipe.

But the reason I'm posting this is because I had a heck of a time finding emeralds in Infinity (like a lot of other people)... and the Uncommon bags provided me with over 100 (!) emeralds in total!! That was a huge, massive bonus and made all the time I spent well worth the effort. Also got a lot of Ender Pearls (have too many of those already) and Gold Ingots (always useful).

I also got one "Rare" Treasure Bag. One out of 2000. LOL Yeah, that's rare all right. But when I opened it, it was a complete disappointment. Just some enchanted low-level armor and a couple of other things that were so memorable that I already forgot what they were. LOL

tl;dr: "Uncommon" Treasure Bags yield the best treasure IMO - emeralds! Unless you're into gold coins, not much else of value in them.
IIRC you can actually combine something like 3 of the same bag to get one of the next tier up too. Would both allow you to have saved some time opening bags and also potentially have gotten you more interesting things.

Reactions: asb3pe

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

gold coins are ore dictionairied with golden nuggets, so you could convert them into golden nuggets using the unifier from MFR
the potions could be used in one of the Extra Utilities generators, sure, you probably don't need the power, but I prefer to not delete any items if there's still an use for them

armor can be repaired and thrown into a smeltery, but it's a pain to set up an autocrafting setup that crafts the armor as efficient as possible. though the enchanted armor can also be used for the Extra Utilities enchanted wood.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
gold coins are ore dictionairied with golden nuggets, so you could convert them into golden nuggets using the unifier from MFR.

Oh really? That's handy, I assume you can use a JABBA barrel as well. I have an empty barrel sitting by my metal processing machines so that I can unify any stray ingots like from chest loot.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Oh really? That's handy, I assume you can use a JABBA barrel as well. I have an empty barrel sitting by my metal processing machines so that I can unify any stray ingots like from chest loot.

I don't know, perhaps it's possible, but I never used the JABBA barrels myself for dictionairing

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC you can actually combine something like 3 of the same bag to get one of the next tier up too. Would both allow you to have saved some time opening bags and also potentially have gotten you more interesting things.

gold coins are ore dictionairied with golden nuggets, so you could convert them into golden nuggets using the unifier from MFR
the potions could be used in one of the Extra Utilities generators, sure, you probably don't need the power, but I prefer to not delete any items if there's still an use for them

armor can be repaired and thrown into a smeltery, but it's a pain to set up an autocrafting setup that crafts the armor as efficient as possible. though the enchanted armor can also be used for the Extra Utilities enchanted wood.

Thanks for all the tips. Previously, I was repairing armor to full durability using Cyclic Assemblers, and then transfer them into the TiC smeltery and I was getting something like 500 gold ingots a day out of it, if not more! But I took my Cursed Earth mob spawner apart once I got a full Bedrockium Drum of Mob Essence (should last me for a while LOL) which I use it to run my Auto-Spawner which gives me specific mob drops instead of the random Cursed Earth drops, so no more gold armor in mass quantities. I didn't feel like setting the whole Cyclic Assembler production line up again just for 2000 treasure bags.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Nevermind, I finally ended up at the following link and I figured it all out. It's a bit confusing when mod-makers start using differently-named sub-mods.
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223525-binnies-mods

What happened to Binnie's Extra Bees machines? They're not included in Infinity? Did Binnie stop making the machines or something? I'm real disappointed, those machines were amongst my favorites in all of modded Minecraft. I see there's similarly-named machines in a mystery mod called "Genetics", and of course there is "Gendustry" mod which I've never learned (and probably will have to use now), but I'm a bit sad I started on bees and can't use my tried-and-true method which I loved. The only constant is 'change'. sigh

I'm more confused now, I went here
https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Infinity+1.7+1.2.0
and there's no listing of any mod called "Genetics" in the modpack. What am I seeing then? Look up the machines called "Isolator" or "Sequencer" in NEI to see what I mean. Are these still Binnie's machines with a new look and a new mod name?

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Nevermind, I finally ended up at the following link and I figured it all out. It's a bit confusing when mod-makers start using differently-named sub-mods.
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/223525-binnies-mods

What happened to Binnie's Extra Bees machines? They're not included in Infinity? Did Binnie stop making the machines or something? I'm real disappointed, those machines were amongst my favorites in all of modded Minecraft. I see there's similarly-named machines in a mystery mod called "Genetics", and of course there is "Gendustry" mod which I've never learned (and probably will have to use now), but I'm a bit sad I started on bees and can't use my tried-and-true method which I loved. The only constant is 'change'. sigh

I'm more confused now, I went here
https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Infinity+1.7+1.2.0
and there's no listing of any mod called "Genetics" in the modpack. What am I seeing then? Look up the machines called "Isolator" or "Sequencer" in NEI to see what I mean. Are these still Binnie's machines with a new look and a new mod name?
Binnie's Mods are done as just one download - so on the mod list there they're just called Binnie's Mods. This however includes Extra Bees, Extra Trees, Botany and Genetics. Genetics being the new overhauled version of the Extra Bees Machines. Gendustry is a separate Bee addon mod by bdew which adds its own suite of bee machines and a few bees too.

Reactions: asb3pe and PierceSG

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie's Mods are done as just one download - so on the mod list there they're just called Binnie's Mods. This however includes Extra Bees, Extra Trees, Botany and Genetics. Genetics being the new overhauled version of the Extra Bees Machines. Gendustry is a separate Bee addon mod by bdew which adds its own suite of bee machines and a few bees too.

Understood, and thank you for explaining. It just gets a bit "weird" when I see the in-game NEI listing the mod under one name, but it's found on the internet under some other name completely. I happened to be looking at a "Genetics" machine in NEI and there was a "Binnie's Mods" item right next to it, and it was only when I noticed the Binnie's item that I began to make the connection. Looking up "FTB Genetics" in a search engine returned nothing, but a seach for Binnie's Mods was what finally gave me my answer.

I know the trend seems to be mod developers splitting their mods up into smaller pieces, for understandable reasons, but I hope mod developers will realize there can also be issues with it, and that naming conventions are VERY important. For instance... why not "Binnie Genetics" instead of the very plain-sounding "Genetics"? Even that would have helped. Oh well. I spoke my mind, and that is the end of that. :)

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Because I cannot be satisfied without knowing for sure on some things, I decided to really go out and hunt for emeralds, and unless I am the unluckiest person on the planet, they /do not/ spawn in Extreme Hills. This chunk was generated on the newest version of the pack, and I mined exclusively in this biome. I made myself a hammer with a Hardened Energy Cell on it (2 million RF) and also a Redstone Flux Pack from Simply Jetpacks, which holds another 10 million RF, and I set out because I needed materials. This is what I retrieved, mining about half at Y level 12 and half at Y level 1 on bedrock, in an Extreme Hills. I used the 2 million RF that came on the hammer, as well as 9 million of the RF on the pack.

3780c334e6.png

This is not a super accurate representation of all that I mined out, as the tunnels I dug on Y level 1 do not show up on the minimap at all.

bde4afc4eb.png

Everything here that is in its raw form (lapis, diamond, redstone, shards) was not mined with fortune, aside from the Draconium. 72 Diamond ORE, 3 dense diamond, 14 draconium dust, almost 3 stacks of gold, hell I even found 4 tin ore at this level. I feel confident saying that 100% emerald does not spawn in Extreme Hills on the current version of the pack. I have heard from others that it spawns in the "Mountain" biome, which I have not yet been able to find, but yeah. Aside from the Nether and finding villages, I have no idea how to acquire emeralds.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from the Nether and finding villages, I have no idea how to acquire emeralds.

I know I already said it but I will repeat it because it bears repeating after your rather intensive investigation into Extreme Hills... (thanks for your hard work trying to show something is wrong with Emerald spawning in Infinity)

...Uncommon Treasure Bags from Thaumcraft contain a reasonable amount of Emeralds when you open them. The bags come from the "oddly" named mobs you sometimes encounter - such as "Armored Cave Spider" or "Undying Zombie". They're tougher to defeat, but they drop the bags as loot occasionally. The way I got a lot of bags was to use the ExtraUtilities Division Sigil ritual to grab some Cursed Earth using a silk touch shovel, and then I made a little mob spawner (fully enclosed so no light can get in to set the Cursed Earth on fire) and used MFR Grinders to kill the mobs and grab their loot. It's not a simple project, and not all that easy (the Division Sigil ritual can be a death trap, need a good strategy and plan) but once you get it set up you'll never need to search for Emeralds again IMO.

Someone will still try to claim all your digging was just "unlucky"... so I think the ultimate proof of a problem with Infinity is to take a creative world, place a Quarry down in some Extreme Hills chunks with a big AE2 storage system, and collect every last block - set it running and go AFK and watch a two-hour movie, then return to see if there is a single emerald on the AE2 hard drives. I know they only spawn down low and that's a lot of wasted time excavating all the "overburden", but it would prove once and for all that somebody goofed somewhere. I'd do it, but I'm too busy having fun with the newly public "Regrowth" modpack right now.

Last edited:

Aldrickjj

Jul 29, 2019
How does one go about updating the modpack to 1.2? The launcher doesn't give me the option of updating it and the server I usually play on is using it. I have gotten quite frustrated trying to figure this out.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
How does one go about updating the modpack to 1.2? The launcher doesn't give me the option of updating it and the server I usually play on is using it. I have gotten quite frustrated trying to figure this out.

If you look new the top right of the launcher, there'll be a button marked "recommended" with a drop-down menu. Open the menu and there'll be a list of versions you can select. Simply select 1.2.0, it'll give you a window saying this will update the pack, and whether or not you want to backup saves and configs. Choose as you want, and then let it install.