FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
darn... hard to get food in default horizons.. going to need to learn all the growable mod stuff or something. lol I'm ignorant of all these mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flipz

ch_ORANGE

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one having trouble getting this pack to load? I downloaded it, which oddly took forever, then the launcher just closed on me. I tried relaunching it and it just keeps closing itself after a certain point.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
darn... hard to get food in default horizons.. going to need to learn all the growable mod stuff or something. lol I'm ignorant of all these mods.
Best to start small, and make a nice vanilla wheat farm. Once you have that at a decent size, say 9x9 or 9x18, then you can focus a lot more on caving, etc.

Edit: And on various... magics.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG and Eyamaz

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really quite loving ATG, however one thing that it does not do as well as vanilla BoP is mountain generation. There are mounds of dirt is how I would classify them, but nothing like the alps. Does anyone have any suggestions for changing the generation settings to allow mountainous terrain like the alps?

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Best to start small, and make a nice vanilla wheat farm. Once you have that at a decent size, say 9x9 or 9x18, then you can focus a lot more on caving, etc.

Edit: And on various... magics.

Except it took me about twenty minutes of playing and punching grass before I actually found Vanilla wheat seeds...exactly one of them. :p

Not to mention Vanilla Minecraft hunger in 1.6 is quite frustrating. :(

Reactions: Ashzification

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have much experience with Pam's Harvest, but Fruit Salad seems to be a great easy to make hearty meal. You just need 2 of any fruit from bushes (everywhere), a cutting board (1 iron + wood) and a mixing bowl (wood). They even stack!

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I don't have much experience with Pam's Harvest, but Fruit Salad seems to be a great easy to make hearty meal. You just need 2 of any fruit from bushes (everywhere), a cutting board (1 iron + wood) and a mixing bowl (wood). They even stack!
like I said... there is tons of crap on the ground that I have no idea what they do. Heck, I've got coconuts (which are a pain to get dude...)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had much time to play yet, but like the looks of many included mods. One thing though...

OPEN BLOCKS me! :)

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Aah. There is no indication of that in the launcher, and it has a > 1.0.0 version release as well. Might want to put a note in there somehow :p

EDIT: just noticed the Download Server button, never caught it before. It appears to have given me a server package just fine for Horizons!

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
I hope that Horizons pack is only considered as a sample of what will we see in upcoming mod packs. I cannot imagine playing without BC and IC2 and I look forward to have ALL the mods, both the new and old ones within one, large modpack!

Status
Not open for further replies.