FTB Horizons - General Feedback Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
no iChun Mods! :( I guess it is understandable, since they aren't really necessary.

Overall its a nice pack and am looking forward to exploring all its mods more!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Awesome to see new packs! But have to admit that I am one of those people who are pretty set in my ways and put way too much effort into a single world to really make me consider this pack. The lack of the good old staple mods just make it unappealing to me.

But with the new launcher, new ultimate/unleashed packs and the "easy swap" mod options, I can see Horizons as something I would use for testing out new mods in creative in order to decide what to and what not to add to my main world.

I think its great that Horizons isn't balanced and hope it remains that way since I would prefer to get the same idea of a mods usefulness from Horizons as I would get when I choose to add it to my main pack. This could however maybe cause a bit of conflicting interests between the people who might choose to make this their main pack and would like it balanced for play experience and those just wanting to browse it for looking at new mods and want it to be an identical experience to what they get when they pick the mod in their own main modpack.

So I doubt I would ever really play this pack, but I can see myself use it in the future as a showroom to test out mods before taking them home with me.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
About the horizon pack itself: I am thinking of trying all the new mods to see how they are and how they play without our normal basic mods (buildcraft and alike)

And a bit off-topic:
As long as they do a mod pack with all our life long mods and most of the new ones it's all good.

Unleashed + horizon without ic2 and have rotarycraft instead? Anybody? No?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Needs ic2 and buildcraft some gregteck gravi mod and thermal expansion solar mod etc
If you read the description of the mod, its quite clear that it was designed specifically not to have those mods. Just wait for the unleashed/DW20 version coming soon if you want those mods.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
If you read the description of the mod, its quite clear that it was designed specifically not to have those mods. Just wait for the unleashed/DW20 version coming soon if you want those mods.

They already stated there will be no unleashed anymore at lest that's what he said on twitter so all unleashed owners have to look at some other pack and as that was most likely the most used pack well that's allot of owners. I my self want unleashed back its ok though I have to reset world anyway and I was going to anyway weather I had to or not hehe because 1.5.2 mods just have way to many bugs/dupe's I been testing 1.6.4 of the mods for months now all those problems from 1.5.2 have been fixed so I have super high hopes for 1.6.4.

I would also like to recommend a mod though I know you want the authors to come to you but might as well try hehe. http://pauljoda.com/modular-furnace-2.html hes got 3 mods I just like the modular furnace though for my uses.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They already stated there will be no unleashed anymore at lest that's what he said on twitter so all unleashed owners have to look at some other pack and as that was most likely the most used pack well that's allot of owners. I my self want unleashed back its ok though I have to reset world anyway and I was going to anyway weather I had to or not hehe because 1.5.2 mods just have way to many bugs/dupe's I been testing 1.6.4 of the mods for months now all those problems from 1.5.2 have been fixed so I have super high hopes for 1.6.4.

I would also like to recommend a mod though I know you want the authors to come to you but might as well try hehe. http://pauljoda.com/modular-furnace-2.html hes got 3 mods I just like the modular furnace though for my uses.
Yeah I meant the new Ultimate/Unleashed equivalent.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic was deemed possibly a bit too adult for some children. *shrug* Its an awesome mod though.

AS is very hard on servers. We don't want a server owner having it enabled without choosing to do so.

Really hope an understanding can be made about this. If a new, decent mod cannot be in a modpack that features new mods, it might be... Well, what can I say? A mod maker always advocates his or her mod! :3

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Really hope an understanding can be made about this. If a new, decent mod cannot be in a modpack that features new mods, it might be... Well, what can I say? A mod maker always advocates his or her mod! :3
Maybe it could be added to the modpack, but disabled as default with a warning in the mod name/description? That way it would be peoples own choice to add it or not, and would(maybe, industrious little buggers aren't they...) prevent small children from playing it.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I love the universal config. So i can add the mods i like without thinking that a future update would kill the map because of too many id conflicts. When the new launcher is ready i think it will be ultimate easy to set up a pack to my own liking. It would be still cool to know what mod versions the configs are based of...maybe an update adds a block what could mess a bit with the config.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it could be added to the modpack, but disabled as default with a warning in the mod name/description? That way it would be peoples own choice to add it or not, and would(maybe, industrious little buggers aren't they...) prevent small children from playing it.

It is in the modpack just disabled by default.

It will be enabled in other modpacks. It kind of depends on the theme of the pack. We do love it.

PunitiveCape7

Jul 29, 2019
I adore FTB all versions, I tend to burn out on one, i spend weeks playing on one then get tired and move to the next one, so i love all the alternate ones, So Love the new Horisons pack. In all my other mod packs i play i tend to use/add the same Map programme, (zans) would love to see more options when it comes to the maps. (i am housebound for the most part so ftb and minecraft keep me somewhat sane So thank you)

Reactions: Bigpak

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
I find it weird how Backpack mod, Biomes O Plenty and Metallurgy were added in, considering they were all mods in 1.4 (I think Urgy and backpack were out before then). I'm also not a big fan of the new minimap, but only because there's no ability to show how close mobs are to you. Other than that, it's pretty good for a pack of new mods. (Thought Redpower was updated without me hearing when I seen the volcano)

noppy_dev

Jul 29, 2019
I think the fact that FTB has updated is pretty nice, but the problem is that for some time, FTB has lacked..... consistency. I switched over to ATLauncher for Resonant Rise, and the ease of making private packs without having to have permission (the cool adfly open thingy they do), and I can't help but notice how a lot of mods in RR are in Horizons...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

you should change your whole mod to "Rainbow Magic" ;)

Reactions: Redweevil

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I think the fact that FTB has updated is pretty nice, but the problem is that for some time, FTB has lacked..... consistency. I switched over to ATLauncher for Resonant Rise, and the ease of making private packs without having to have permission (the cool adfly open thingy they do), and I can't help but notice how a lot of mods in RR are in Horizons...

Not wanting to start a flame war but did you notice a lot of the mods in RR are from FtB? A lot of these mods are fairly new and thus they fit into the theme of the pack when they might not have fitted into others. There are only so many mods that truly fit in a tech/magic based modpack and of course the new and exciting ones will get picked up, not just copied across from another pack

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Having a blast with this pack - inclusion of several new favs like Blood Magic, Witchery, Engineer's TB, JABBA mixed with some ones I haven't used in a while (Metallurgy, Pam's, Rotary) plus a handful I haven't used at all is the only thing that's pulled me away from Starbound for more than 2 minutes .. so thanks are in order, I think I was nearly lost forever to some purple Grue on Seti Alpha V.

The only mod that I feel is missing so far, or caused me to think "hmm, this would be nice in this pack" is Open Blocks.

Reactions: AlanEsh
Status
Not open for further replies.