FTB Beyond Release

P

psiphre

what are you wanting the engine for? The closest I think they have would maybe be the survivalist Generator it still take fuel though.

i wanted it because i thought buildcraft was still a thing! i was wanting to use pipes and engines to move stuff around chests and machines. but it turns out it's not even in this pack! i'm an idiot. moving right along...

is there a machine equivalent to progressive automation's "chopper" in any mod in this pack?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
i wanted it because i thought buildcraft was still a thing! i was wanting to use pipes and engines to move stuff around chests and machines. but it turns out it's not even in this pack! i'm an idiot. moving right along...

is there a machine equivalent to progressive automation's "chopper" in any mod in this pack?
  • Forestry has a multi-farm that lets you automate the growing and chopping of trees. Requires power, water, etc.
  • Steve's Carts used to have a chopping cart that would plant/chop trees very nicely. I assume Steve's Carts Reborn does too.
  • You can probably do something with a couple Autonomous Activators from thermal expansion.
  • EnderIO farming machine might do trees, I actually forget.

Reactions: psiphre

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

I would just make a paper unbreakable lumber axe and a diamond "iron Backpack" with mining upgrade. (note: you only need 2 parts as paper for 2 mods.) You will need to level it but 3 reinforced should be good. Set it to pick up logs and sapplings from ether dark oak, spruce, or jungle and then go clear a forest for like 30 minutes. really no need to automate it. If you need charcoal make a firewood version with max luck and set the pick up to charcoal. :)

Reactions: psiphre
P

psiphre

I would just make a paper unbreakable lumber axe and a diamond "iron Backpack" with mining upgrade. (note: you only need 2 parts as paper for 2 slots.) You will need to level it but 3 reinforced should be good. Set it to pick up logs and sapplings from ether dark oak, spruce, or jungle and then go clear a forest for like 30 minutes. really no need to automate it. If you need charcoal make a firewood version with max luck and set the pick up to charcoal. :)

i actually wanted to use it to automate gathering rubber wood for making rubber. it's not as good as collecting the resin itself, but if i can leave it alone and let it work, it doesn't have to be.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i actually wanted to use it to automate gathering rubber wood for making rubber. it's not as good as collecting the resin itself, but if i can leave it alone and let it work, it doesn't have to be.
Doesn't IC2 have that farming rubber thing with there farming machine? Also Forestry farm I believe will farm just the rubber sap.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Doesn't IC2 have that farming rubber thing with there farming machine?
There was an addon that did this but it has fallen out of use. That said, there's an ic2 crop called stickreed which which produces resin and which can be harvested by IC2's harvesting machine. Getting that crop can be annoying however.

Also Forestry farm I believe will farm just the rubber sap.
This rings a bell. You may need to put the farm into a special configuration for it however. Alternatively it may chop the trees but in such a way that the sap is correctly harvested.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i think ender io farming station will tree tap rubberwood from ic2 if u give it tree taps

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There was an addon that did this but it has fallen out of use. That said, there's an ic2 crop called stickreed which which produces resin and which can be harvested by IC2's harvesting machine. Getting that crop can be annoying however.

This rings a bell. You may need to put the farm into a special configuration for it however. Alternatively it may chop the trees but in such a way that the sap is correctly harvested.
in 1.7.10 u had to solder a circuit I think. Also I was talking about the stickreed.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Has anybody enabled the world anchor/anchor cart from Railcraft? I went into the Railcraft.cfg and changed to make them craftable, on both the server and client side, but they still aren't showing up to craft. Is there something else I need to change to get them working? FTButil doesn't allow for enough chunks to be loaded for me. I have a server that only my wife and I play on. I have a quarry that's pretty far from my base and I want to use trains to transport the goods back to my base.

Z

Zoperd

Has anybody enabled the world anchor/anchor cart from Railcraft? I went into the Railcraft.cfg and changed to make them craftable, on both the server and client side, but they still aren't showing up to craft. Is there something else I need to change to get them working? FTButil doesn't allow for enough chunks to be loaded for me. I have a server that only my wife and I play on. I have a quarry that's pretty far from my base and I want to use trains to transport the goods back to my base.

Came across this issue with a lot of items not showing up. After doing some research, I found RailCraft hasn't fully been ported to 1.10.* version of Minecraft yet. Hopefully over time more and more items will become available as they're ported over.

I could be mistaken, however, it seems to be the case from what I've been reading.

Cheers.

Reactions: glepet1962

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I find these statements weird. Maybe a reference of how many more chunks you need. I mean if you keep your builds that need to be chunk loaded in one chunk you will only need to keep 1 chunk loaded per build. I think some people just load the whole area cause they think they needed to. Maybe check you chunk loaded areas and see if there are some areas that can be left unloaded. Anyway Railcraft isn't fully implemented yet and it is still being worked on. That being said they are locking out chunk loaders so you will not be able to use it even if Railcraft become fully Implemented, sorry.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Came across this issue with a lot of items not showing up. After doing some research, I found RailCraft hasn't fully been ported to 1.10.* version of Minecraft yet. Hopefully over time more and more items will become available as they're ported over.

I could be mistaken, however, it seems to be the case from what I've been reading.

Cheers.
Thanks for the response. I believe that to be the case. I went ahead and installed Chicken Chunks to take care of my needs. Works great for me.

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
Mhh i have planted a Redwood in my World...all was fine...but now after a few days....he looks...weird....shaved / Cut-Off

Anyone else have noticed Problems with redwoods...or maybe other trees?
And no....its not only visual...have take a flight around....its all cut-off like the screen :(

2017-05-01_20.54.06.png

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I have been playing a IC2 run of the pack and I have found my most annoying feature of IC2. I set up camp on top of a flat topped mountain and set up a windmill/kinetic generator. At the time it was only producing 9-10 eu per tick. So I placed a batbox under it and boom. You see because the generator was tier 3 it exploded even though the eu output from the wood blades would never exceed 32 eu per tick. I wish it would look at the eu output as well as the tier. Super annoying.

C

CookieCrospy

Very very nice Modpack much fun to play, but please add Thaumcraft

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have been playing a IC2 run of the pack and I have found my most annoying feature of IC2. I set up camp on top of a flat topped mountain and set up a windmill/kinetic generator. At the time it was only producing 9-10 eu per tick. So I placed a batbox under it and boom. You see because the generator was tier 3 it exploded even though the eu output from the wood blades would never exceed 32 eu per tick. I wish it would look at the eu output as well as the tier. Super annoying.
Hey Magzie. I forget how the IC2 power system works under the hood these days, but if memory serves, while you may be getting 9-10 eu per tick "on average", the power is actually coming in bursts at the tier of the generator. In other words, if the generator can output 512 eu/t, it will wait until it has 512 eu/t before sending it off.

Its actually pretty easy to notice when you use an EU-reader, because it takes a while for you to get an idea of the "real" output while the sample/average is sorting itself out.