FTB Beyond Release

R

Regal Kain

So here's my question, is there any way easily in the configs to set ore to spawn at any height? It's more a preventative measure to stop burrowing down to diamond/draconium height and never seeing the surface again. Makes exploration a thing.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So here's my question, is there any way easily in the configs to set ore to spawn at any height? It's more a preventative measure to stop burrowing down to diamond/draconium height and never seeing the surface again. Makes exploration a thing.
It is all done through COFH Core. Look at config\cofh\world. In there is a number of json file that control how the ores are spawned.

Reactions: Hambeau

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It is all done through COFH Core. Look at config\cofh\world. In there is a number of json file that control how the ores are spawned.

Also, those settings are available for Vanilla ores built into Vanilla MC since I think version 1.8. You can control a lot of Worldgen with vanilla settings... Sea level, what Rock types are spawned (I turn off Andesite completely, myself), how often/what type of structures are spawned as well as the ore spawn range and probabilities.

To get there just select options and the place where you would set the world type. Cycle through to World Type: Custom and then select the Customize button.

X

xXxReaper117xXx

Does anyone know when Minefactory Reloaded will be added to FTB beyond? As well as the rest of thermal expansion/foundation for that matter? And if it's not being added to beyond in the future does anyone know which pack that feels more like Evolved will include it in the future?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Does anyone know when Minefactory Reloaded will be added to FTB beyond? As well as the rest of thermal expansion/foundation for that matter? And if it's not being added to beyond in the future does anyone know which pack that feels more like Evolved will include it in the future?

Minefactory reloaded doesn't exist for 1.10.2, nor is it likely to anytime soon.

Thermal Dynamics is coming soon, I'd say we'll know more by the end of the month.

R

R2go

Has there been any update on Expert Mode? I love where the game is at now and am excited to see more expansion.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
No updates that I'm aware of. Last time they said anything about it they were looking for a june or july time before it would be released. But there are a lot factors in play and that date may be pushed back.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think they are still deciding if it is going to be a solo pack or not.

Holzonkel

Jul 29, 2019
hello,

does someone get this error on his Beyond Server ?
it crashes around once per hour
export from the console:

Exception in thread "Immersive Engineering Contributors Name Finder Thread" bash: line 1: 20672 Killed /games/sources/files/jdk1.8.0/bin/java -server -Xmx6144M -Xms256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -jar ftbserver.jar nogui
SERVER SHUT DOWN

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
hello,

does someone get this error on his Beyond Server ?
it crashes around once per hour
export from the console:

Exception in thread "Immersive Engineering Contributors Name Finder Thread" bash: line 1: 20672 Killed /games/sources/files/jdk1.8.0/bin/java -server -Xmx6144M -Xms256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfml.queryResult=confirm -jar ftbserver.jar nogui
SERVER SHUT DOWN
It would be better if you started your own thread for this issue and use http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ to upload the entire log or crash report and put the link to that log into the thread. A single line like above makes it impossible to help you diagnose the issue.

Reactions: erindalc

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey I know some people we having trouble with extreme reactors rotator dire wolf is doing an episode on it. Built one in today's episode and next one he is going to automate it. Fyi

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
ok thanks, next time it crashes i will.
Since you haven't made your thread yet:
Minecraft will actually save the logs and crash reports in a file in your ftb beyond instance folder, so there's no reason to wait for the next crash. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

G

gilyerm

Is there plans to add TATW or Reborn Storage to the modpack?

Last edited:
O

OneMereMortal

For some reasons ore doesn't want to generates in my new geneated server. It generates normally in single player. No changes where made to the mods. Any suggestions?

Holzonkel

Jul 29, 2019
Since you haven't made your thread yet:
Minecraft will actually save the logs and crash reports in a file in your ftb beyond instance folder, so there's no reason to wait for the next crash. :)

If you are having problems find the pack folder. Open the pack and go to the resource pack. There select open resource folder button. Then just click beyond and open crash logs.

Thanks for your answers, the crash reports are these "hs_err_pid11097.log" right ?
Surprisingly the Server stopped crashing (after approximately 10 times) after my post so there was no need for a new thread.
So far i love this modpack, just missing carpenters mod =)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
That is a Java crash log. Makes me think that it's an NVidia Driver issue.
However, you should really create your own thread if you want help with your issue.

T

Tetsuo Kin

So... Here's a stupid question and no doubt someone will tell me straight away a simple solution which i can't figure out...

I've seen actually additions black quartz ore generation is disabled (latest version), and there's no way to craft it..

To even get started with the mod pack, you need black quartz to make the atomic reconstructor...

So you've taken away the most important part of the mod... whats the point of actually having the mod in if you can't use it?