FTB Beyond Release

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So... Here's a stupid question and no doubt someone will tell me straight away a simple solution which i can't figure out...

I've seen actually additions black quartz ore generation is disabled (latest version), and there's no way to craft it..

To even get started with the mod pack, you need black quartz to make the atomic reconstructor...

So you've taken away the most important part of the mod... whats the point of actually having the mod in if you can't use it?
I think it's craftable with black dye and nether quartz or something like that.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
there is quartz recipes smoky quartz is one coal surrounded by 8 quartz. The black quartz is 1 coal with one quartz next to it. Just FYI and No I don't have a few stacks of smoky quartz...rofl ;)

P

psiphre

Yeah it was upsetting to see Alumite is gone from the Tinkers mod, that was my go-to material for all my early-game needs.
To get around this problem, I scoured NEI (or JEI or whatever acronym we're using for it this year) and discovered there's a block called Iron Alloy Furnace, which can make "Steel Blend" and the block runs off coal, doesn't need RF. Then I used Tinkers to make steel ingots, and make a steel pickaxe which can mine Obsidian blocks. Then I immediately made an Obsidian pickaxe in order to mine Cobalt and Ardite.

how does that iron alloy furnace work? I made one, but i can't see the recipes or get it to take the things i think it should use to make steel :(

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
how does that iron alloy furnace work? I made one, but i can't see the recipes or get it to take the things i think it should use to make steel :(
If you scroll of the arrow in the alloy gui it will say recipes. Click on that arrow will bring up a list of recipes. Don't know that steel is one of them.

A note for Alumite: It was replaced with Knightslime.

Last edited:
P

psiphre

If you scroll of the arrow in the alloy gui it will say recipes. Click on that arrow will bring up a list of recipes. Don't know that steel is one of them.

A note for Alumite: It was replaced with Knightslime.

i don't understand what you mean. when i use the iron alloy furnace? when i'm looking at it in the search?

if i don't make steel in the "iron alloy furnace" from TechReborn then how do i make it?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i don't understand what you mean. when i use the iron alloy furnace? when i'm looking at it in the search?

if i don't make steel in the "iron alloy furnace" from TechReborn then how do i make it?
In the ui once placed. If you just want to know do a test world and spawn one in then follow my instructions. Steel can be made in a blast furnace and a few other ways depending on the mod.

P

psiphre

In the ui once placed. If you just want to know do a test world and spawn one in then follow my instructions. Steel can be made in a blast furnace and a few other ways depending on the mod.

i have the gui of the "iron alloy furnace" open and scrolling the mouse over any of the interactable spots, and anywhere else on the screen doesn't seem to do anything, including not showing me recipes.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i have the gui of the "iron alloy furnace" open and scrolling the mouse over any of the interactable spots, and anywhere else on the screen doesn't seem to do anything, including not showing me recipes.
you scroll over the arrow and click on it to show the recipes but you don't need it for steel. steel should be ore dic so just make the easiest steel there is to make. I mean you only have to type steel in the search and then press u on the steel bar and scroll the different recipes. Just a Note: it is one iron dust or the like and one coal dust or the like in the "iron alloy furnace".

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

its entriely possible that techreborn steel is disabled becuase ic2 has a steel recipe but all recipes that need steel from tech reborn should be able to use any any steel in general .
i think the 2 methods for steel are immersive engineering blast furnace(multiblock)needing iron ingots and some coal coke or charcoal and ic2's blast furnace (single block but needs other blocks to run )needs iron ingots or any dust version of it or any partially processed iron ore from ic2 and 6 compressed air cells(empty cells get returned after) made in a compressor

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
its entriely possible that techreborn steel is disabled becuase ic2 has a steel recipe but all recipes that need steel from tech reborn should be able to use any any steel in general .
i think the 2 methods for steel are immersive engineering blast furnace(multiblock)needing iron ingots and some coal coke or charcoal and ic2's blast furnace (single block but needs other blocks to run )needs iron ingots or any dust version of it or any partially processed iron ore from ic2 and 6 compressed air cells(empty cells get returned after) made in a compressor
I believe, if I was caught what he was asking, he was want to see the recipes in the JEI when hitting u on the Iron Alloy furnace. It does in fact show the steel recipe if you place the block down.

Z

Zoperd

Hi,

I've found reference to the flux transformer online which was added in 9.4.0.0 of RailCraft, however, I'm not able to find it within FTB Beyond. Does anyone know why?

Cheers,

Zoperd.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,

I've found reference to the flux transformer online which was added in 9.4.0.0 of RailCraft, however, I'm not able to find it within FTB Beyond. Does anyone know why?

Cheers,

Zoperd.
I believe all power converters were disabled don't know if that included this one? Also it is a multi block 2*2.

Last edited:
P

psiphre

you scroll over the arrow and click on it to show the recipes but you don't need it for steel. steel should be ore dic so just make the easiest steel there is to make. I mean you only have to type steel in the search and then press u on the steel bar and scroll the different recipes. Just a Note: it is one iron dust or the like and one coal dust or the like in the "iron alloy furnace".

thanks guys. i endedup figuring it out: what you need to do in order to make steel in feed the beast beyond is this: macerate coal to get coal dust, macerate iron ingots to get iron dust, and then put both of them in the iron alloy furnace at a 1:1 ratio. cook it using fuel (i use charcoal) and you get steel blend. steel blend can be cooked in order to make steel ingots, which then act like any other ingot.
it does not appear that there is an electric version of the iron alloy furnace in ic2. techreborn has an electric alloy furnace but it uses FE for power and i don't know what that is.

thanks for the help, and on to the next thing that's messing me up: I remember long ago when buildcraft had redstone engines. they would do a tiny amount of work very slowly without needing fuel or power, just a redstone signal (like an adjacent redstone torch). i can't find that in the build gui - does an equivalent item still exist?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
it uses FE for power and i don't know what that is.
fe = forge energy ,some mods support it(in general it is something around rf style energy

as for the 2nd comment , there is transfer nodes from exu2 ( no power needed unless u upgrade it ) ,and itemconduits from ender io or item lasers from actually additions or routing nodes from blood magic . if u need to control the transfer rate better some of them have filters (conduits have speed down/up-grades)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
thanks guys. i endedup figuring it out: what you need to do in order to make steel in feed the beast beyond is this: macerate coal to get coal dust, macerate iron ingots to get iron dust, and then put both of them in the iron alloy furnace at a 1:1 ratio. cook it using fuel (i use charcoal) and you get steel blend. steel blend can be cooked in order to make steel ingots, which then act like any other ingot.
it does not appear that there is an electric version of the iron alloy furnace in ic2. techreborn has an electric alloy furnace but it uses FE for power and i don't know what that is.

thanks for the help, and on to the next thing that's messing me up: I remember long ago when buildcraft had redstone engines. they would do a tiny amount of work very slowly without needing fuel or power, just a redstone signal (like an adjacent redstone torch). i can't find that in the build gui - does an equivalent item still exist?
what are you wanting the engine for? The closest I think they have would maybe be the survivalist Generator it still take fuel though.

Last edited:
A

Akbranson

Howdy there peeps.
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble making a golden lasso.
The recipe is in the grid but I'm not receiving anything.
Thanks for the help!

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Howdy there peeps.
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble making a golden lasso.
The recipe is in the grid but I'm not receiving anything.
Thanks for the help!
Recipes that require xp must be completed in a crafting table or station.