FTB Beyond Release

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In my LP I was actually farming for 2 hours on Y 5-12 before I found my first Diamond. I had 27 Draconium at that point. But then I watched other LPs where They got diamonds left and right. So might be just RNGesus beeing mad at us for some reason. :p
There's definitely a strong element of that - I've noticed in the LP I've been watching, the chap got a fair bit of diamonds and emeralds, and lapis too - which is another thing that's been described as hard to find. The RNGesus is harsh :p

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
One of the things I REALLY liked about Infinity Evolved Expert Mode is the way that all of the mods were tied in together. You couldn't just pick a few mods and ignore the rest. To progress in Mod A, you had to play with Mod B, which eventually required you to play with Mod C. Will Expert Mode for this pack be the same way? And if so, is there any kind of an idea how long it might be before it's ready?

M

Mag7ster

Will you make a lite version of this modpack? I ask because mu computer launch modpack very slow but there are good mods

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There's definitely a strong element of that - I've noticed in the LP I've been watching, the chap got a fair bit of diamonds and emeralds, and lapis too - which is another thing that's been described as hard to find. The RNGesus is harsh :p
I know people are still used to old school minecraft but if you are doing a server and feel the spawn rates are to low for certain ores you can adjust them when spawning the map under customize option. Think it is the 2 tabs or 3rd.

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
are the people mining in the correct spot(s) for them? the pack uses modified ore gen so the normal/vanilla logic for diamonds might not work. (emeralds might still be be biome locked like normal/standard)
The front page of this thread has the ore distribution chart.

I had no idea that Emeralds were biome-locked til now. Good to know.
After your post we went down to Levels 7-8 and found about 12 diamonds or so.. mostly around lava pools, so thanks for that!

One other issue seems to be a lack of recipes for Refined Storage Solderer items. I managed to infer from another recipe how to make (I think .. Advanced Processor or something) but clicking on many of the items doesn't show recipes. Am I missing something? Seems some do but many do not.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Changelog generally lags behind an update by a day or so, detailed changelogs take time to compile.

B

BoltAxion

Missing mods : Carpenter Blocks

Bug: Sorting button does not work in the Golden Bag Of Holding

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
So... do NOT attempt to craft with the Thermal Expansions Portable Tank in the middle of a crafting grid like a bucket, at least not when making Immersive Engineering Treated Wood. You get one buckets worth, but you don't get the tank back.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
So... do NOT attempt to craft with the Thermal Expansions Portable Tank in the middle of a crafting grid like a bucket, at least not when making Immersive Engineering Treated Wood. You get one buckets worth, but you don't get the tank back.
*blinks* I wouldn't even think to do that! Is that a thing???

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah. I had the tank, and it had just absorbed 10 buckets of Creosote, so I figured I'd try. Got eight planks just fine, but lost the tank. Gotta get some bees on the go, and get wax capsules instead.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah. I had the tank, and it had just absorbed 10 buckets of Creosote, so I figured I'd try. Got eight planks just fine, but lost the tank. Gotta get some bees on the go, and get wax capsules instead.
Sounds like a plan ;) Although can you use glass bottles? I imagine you could set up an unlimited bottle production (cobble->sand->glass->bottles) without too much hassle? Although that said, if its still present the IE crafter can do liquid crafting anyway so it renders the whole thing somewhat moot.