FTB Beyond Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm not terribly worried about what fuel type to use, thanks for the info anyway. I could get enough out of a piece of coal just using the new dungeon loot capacitors found in dungeons and worldgen structures such as Pyramids, Jungle Temples, and other types of worldgen structures. I just want to know why the EnderIO generator doesn't show up in the list whenever I ask JEI to show uses for a piece of coal, as it seems like a bug or issue to me.

Also, wouldn't lava be better off piped into a tank for storage buffering and piped into the EnderIO Combustion Generator through the tank's own I/O system? Or does that not take lava as a liquid type? I prefer solid fuels anyway, less risk of spillage of lava in a base, kind of hard to clean up without burning oneself! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I'll test some more on that. The ender io tank will fill the bucket on it own, put it in the generator, pull it out, and refill at which time it will put it back in./ It only takes 1 bucket. I mean you can put 5 gens on it and have it fill one at a time it last 12 min or so. Also I believe Combustion only takes liquid fuels. Lava isn't a liquid fuel which seems weird. Those loot caps work fine it is just some of them are classed as Double and some as Oct you'l just have to pop one it you like and see. If it produces 40 it is classed as double and if it produces 80 it is oct cap. Also note you don't have to pump TE is in so you can make lava. You can also go all Bloody and have AE or RS pick it up after activating the ritual.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Railcraft is in beta for it's next release, so loot should be sorted soon.

I meant that with the interface for the Stirling Generator is open, if you hover over coal it should show X amount of RF total and then Y amount per tick. As for the otherway, I know at least one of the Changelogs mentioned tweaking the JEI recipe compatibility, so perhaps that's messed something up.
if you put a piece in and scroll over the flames it will show you how much your getting and time left on the fuel consumed. Any fuel can be Shift scrolled over to get that info but most gens now have a recipe option in the ui that tells you each piece fuel fuel and time and amount for each except Ender Stirling. Don't know why?

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
Are you on version 1.2.1? I notice Inventory Tweaks has the button in chest inventories. It doesn't seem to be set up to sort player inventory, use the scroll wheel click to trigger that.

As for the no loot thing, which houses in particular? I have noticed Blacksmith and Immersive Engineering have loot in them. Ellpeck from Actually Additions turned off loot generation of his jams in his Village house because of issues with how it was generating. Railcraft huts simply don't have any loot because that isn't implemented yet, although the chest still spawns. Forestry Huts always seem to spawn with both loot and bee hives. On occasion, I have seen certain types of Railcraft loot generating in Vanilla Minecraft dungeons. Pyramids and Jungle Temples also seem to be spawning loot that mods add just fine.

If you are experiencing specific loot problems with specific mods, please first check that mod's issue tracker or forum thread before posting about issues with loot generation. They may be working on code related to that part of their mod.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
ahhhhh ok, I'm so used to railcraft chests so far I've been unlucky enough that I haven't had a blacksmith or a forestry hut in the towns I've come across. but I'd have like 2 of what I think must be the jam houses and a railcraft building in like every town I've found hehe so that solves that confusion.

ALSO THANK YOU on the middle mouse click for inventory ;A; I'm not sure if it was because of exhaustion or if they'd actually not been there but when I reloaded minecraft today I did see the inventory tweaks buttons now. I'm going to just go with I was being stupid and tired honestly on that one hehe

but ya thanks a lot guys :3

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Personally I primarily look for Immersive Engineering houses in every village I find on my wanderings... Barring landscape/spawn issues they each have 3 of the treated wood crates, which I like because they retain their contents when picked up.

Since I usually like to be picky about where I build my first camp my first project after the basics (wood, stone, tools etc.) is to get 4 each leather and wool and make a backpack (in Beyond and Direwolf20). When I find crates in my wanderings I add them to my collection, each sorted for content (Food, Ores, etc.) and carry them in the pack. Do you know how much can be stored in a backpack full of crates? :D

Reactions: Bahnmor
M

Mr. Crain

Anyone seen this "Conquest Refored/Rebellion Resourcepack" Mod ? Is this coming to a FTB Beyond near you ?

M

Mr. Crain

Also for those of you that do AE2...a search of the JEI will not show the " Cable Facades", however, they are indeed still craftable (NSEW of cable anchor surrounding desired design block).

D

DouglasR

Hey... Really really new to this forum, made this account solely to ask about 2 mods I loved a ton, ThuamCraft and The Twilight Forest, are they coming to Beyond?

Not sure if I should ask here or what, but I'd really love to know!

Thanks!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hey... Really really new to this forum, made this account solely to ask about 2 mods I loved a ton, ThuamCraft and The Twilight Forest, are they coming to Beyond?

Not sure if I should ask here or what, but I'd really love to know!

Thanks!
If you read the last few pages of this thread, you should find answers about both of those; thats always a good plan :)

Now, that said: Thaumcraft has not yet been updated to 1.10 (the version Beyond uses) - and it may not be for a while, as I've heard rumours that Azanor is planning big changes. Likewise Twilight Forest; I'm not aware whether the mod author is doing any updates with that, so it would be dependent on someone else porting it across, which I suspect would be a lot of work.

So, short answer: no. Long answer: Twilight Forest, extremely unlikely; Thaumcraft, possibly, but not soon.

R

Rulerofworld

What is a mod? Or how to increase the font of the tooltip to be visible !?
ef39b2d8403b4626ac67e2cae8b22916.png

Sprigum

Jul 29, 2019
Currently in FTB Beyond I'm unable to craft Reinforced Iridium Plates - the only recipe available to me is the Iridium Plates from TE - These aren't oredic with each other meaning its currently impossible to craft some of the late game IC2 toys like the Ultimate Hybrids and Quantum Solars.

Just thought I'd throw it out there - there aren't many of us who use IC2 late game stuff, so it may have been overlooked.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Currently in FTB Beyond I'm unable to craft Reinforced Iridium Plates - the only recipe available to me is the Iridium Plates from TE - These aren't oredic with each other meaning its currently impossible to craft some of the late game IC2 toys like the Ultimate Hybrids and Quantum Solars.

Just thought I'd throw it out there - there aren't many of us who use IC2 late game stuff, so it may have been overlooked.
Along these lines the reg IC2 plate recipe is in and takes 4 ore to make but make 1 TE plate. In if you look at uses you can turn 1 ore into 2 ingots and then get 2 plates? You basically have it turning 1 plate instead of 8 plates.

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
A few people on my server have been mining for hours and we've not seen Diamond or Emerald ore. Only diamonds have been found in chests in dungeons.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A few people on my server have been mining for hours and we've not seen Diamond or Emerald ore. Only diamonds have been found in chests in dungeons.
are the people mining in the correct spot(s) for them? the pack uses modified ore gen so the normal/vanilla logic for diamonds might not work. (emeralds might still be be biome locked like normal/standard)
The front page of this thread has the ore distribution chart.

Reactions: Bahnmor

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

You should be able to see the ore gen levels for ores in this modpack if you find the ore in JEI, then check what it spawns at by looking at the icon that looks like a globe.

It does seem to be spawning in normal levels. It may possibly be a bit rarer than usual, however.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
In my LP I was actually farming for 2 hours on Y 5-12 before I found my first Diamond. I had 27 Draconium at that point. But then I watched other LPs where They got diamonds left and right. So might be just RNGesus beeing mad at us for some reason. :p