FTB Beyond Release

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Feed the Beast, Mar 6, 2017.

1. UrMagus

UrMagus New Member

2. DrParanoia

DrParanoia Guest

3. UrMagus

UrMagus New Member

Oh, also, I love your mod packs. I'm running a few servers at home through my provider's router using No-IP to point a domain name at me. I've got a few friends playing on them and we use Discord for chat. Mining and building has gotten me though a lot of life crap, so I just wanted to say thank you to the FTB devs and all the mod devs.

Except Gregtech. He sucks. Where's all the iridium???? </troll>

4. 30wolf03

30wolf03 New Member

5. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

@CoolSquid, is minecraftred another one of those janky repost sites that nobody should ever, ever use?

UrMagus, read the first comment in the comments section of that page :p

thunderbolt_6, UrMagus and I9hdkill like this.
  6. UrMagus

UrMagus New Member

I did not know fake news existed in this community like that. I have only one response:

No memes

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
    Everlasting2 likes this.
  7. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

Ah brill, thanks @zBob! Hmm I think a link to the changelog should be on the first post, because people wouldn't necessarily think to look there - or even know there was one; I know I didn't!

8. McJty

McJty Over-Achiever Mod Developer

Everlasting2, UrMagus and tfox83 like this.
  9. Anyone seeing a sever lack of Lapis in the pack. Been mining about 7 hours and no Lapis yet could just be unlucky but

10. derfw

derfw New Member

Yeah, It would help if your guys actually gave us a list of the mods.

11. tfox83

tfox83 New Member

A lot of the credit goes to forge and the developers, but I do spend a fair bit of time profiling and disabling things that are not needed that yield a significant performance boost or changing certain particle affects that will not be missed, and so on.

Boqzo1, Pyure and McJty like this.
  12. tfox83

tfox83 New Member

WAILA gave us a lot of crashes during testing and support was almost non-existent at that time so we moved over to TOP by McJty.

Henry Link, Yusunoha and McJty like this.
  13. tfox83

tfox83 New Member

rftools' builder has a quarry card, if you prefer old school quarry mechanics feel free to use that in the mining age :)

Everlasting2 likes this.
  14. tfox83

tfox83 New Member

Lapis is meant to be "rarish" as its not heavily used, but its there :) Didn't want it to be too easy to get Fortune III on your TiC pick day one!

KiloFox0918 likes this.
  15. tfox83

tfox83 New Member

The mod devs of ProjectRed are working to come up with a solution to re
    The ProjectRed devs are working on a solution to this, but it is complex and may take some time.

16. DrParanoia

DrParanoia Guest

But what about Mekanism, BOP, Magicka?

Pickypicky, thunderbolt_6 and UrMagus like this.
  17. UrMagus

UrMagus New Member

Another stupid question, and I wouldn't ask a "why don't you have XXX mod in the pack?" question if it weren't for it being Biome's a Plenty that I'm asking about, which I thought was kinda a standard one to add first to any given pack. So, no biomes?

Pickypicky likes this.
  18. eobie

eobie Guest

You can add Realistic Terrain Generator. Server-side only so it won't affect any client joining.

19. Henry Link

Henry Link Popular Member

Well you can always add these yourself. But I know for a fact the both Mek and Ars are little on the buggy side. Which is probably one of the reasons they were not included in the pack.

20. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

Anyone keeping a tally on the number of people who ask for their favorite mods to be added in the first 24 hours of the pack being released?

I have a lot of (fake) money on this.

Guys, if your favorite mod isn't in the pack, its almost always going to be because of a performance/stability problem, or because there's another mod that does most of the same stuff.

(Granted I'm a bit surprised as BoP myself but I'm guessing its got issues)