ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting to see that she gets 114$ already. This will escalate quite quickly.

I'm really excited to see what happens with Red Power, however, hearing she's already making so much in donations is rather sad. There are so many talented developers out there who have served the community during the past year and a half, providing us with fresh content. Eloraam just packed up and left without saying a word, leaving behind a mod which corrupted worlds if you even thought of removing it. On returning it sounds as though she's still unwilling to join a team oriented mentality; it's very likely she won't support forge multi-blocks, or any of modded minecraft's most popular API's. Here's to hoping that atleast the blutricity Engine makes a comeback.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really excited to see what happens with Red Power, however, hearing she's already making so much in donations is rather sad.
to be fair, she wasn't making anything prior to this afaik, for all the work she's ever done.

Eloraam just packed up and left without saying a word, leaving behind a mod which corrupted worlds if you even thought of removing it.
you mean RL got real for her and she couldn't continue updating her mod, and didn't want to release her IP? yep. pretty much nailed it.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I am removing my self from this topic as I see the anti-Elo is staring up again & after the treatment she received from some well know people & groups last time, I will not be a party to any of it nor even a by stander, remember one thing modders are but mere humans & with all faults that go with humanity.

Last note, I would love to see RP return, but not the of hounding some one past the limits of man or beast.

Reactions: RedBoss

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
to be fair, she wasn't making anything prior to this afaik, for all the work she's ever done.

you mean RL got real for her and she couldn't continue updating her mod, and didn't want to release her IP? yep. pretty much nailed it.
Well said.
I'm really excited to see what happens with Red Power, however, hearing she's already making so much in donations is rather sad. There are so many talented developers out there who have served the community during the past year and a half, providing us with fresh content. Eloraam just packed up and left without saying a word, leaving behind a mod which corrupted worlds if you even thought of removing it. On returning it sounds as though she's still unwilling to join a team oriented mentality; it's very likely she won't support forge multi-blocks, or any of modded minecraft's most popular API's. Here's to hoping that atleast the blutricity Engine makes a comeback.
Also, Patreon is not like Paypal, Patreon is a monthly donation. And one sets tiers to entice such payments. I haven't checked her Patreon page, but maybe she has a clue that she could, in theory, live coding for Minecraft, if her goal tiers can pay for it, and she can actually deliver.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and until I have a working, stable RP3 file on my computer by Elloram....
As far as I(and as it seems, most of us) care...
half-life-3-its-not-happening.gif

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
to be fair, she wasn't making anything prior to this afaik, for all the work she's ever done

Actually, she made a *lot* from donation drives in like one week leading up to her 1.4.6 release. Like, more than the vast majority of mods make ever*. And frankly, I'd argue the lack of bugfixes means that the community did not get their money's worth on that one.

And again, I like Elo, but yeah...I wouldn't be contributing to that Patreon until I see something released.

(*If you are curious, that definitely includes TE. I think prior to our own Patreon, we were actually in the hole by a fair bit. We're either right around even now or just above it.)

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam @TheRealEloraam · 13h
@Rancore202 Gems are staying. In fact, they will probably be in one of the first releases.

@DeathByPwnage1 I'm planning to keep most of the old things, yes. Especially Frames.

I also want to make some new content, rather than just updating. Just being like RP2 isn't good enough for me.

@TheRealEloraam · 15h
One step in the right direction: Installed Forge, got as far as "Hello World". Hard to believe I was one of the founders of this project.

Eloraam @TheRealEloraam · 14h
Also the very, very first lines of RP3 are now written. Not that they do very much. Just slightly more than the Forge tutorial mod. ;)

@TheRealEloraam · 15h
One step in the right direction: Installed Forge, got as far as "Hello World". Hard to believe I was one of the founders of this project.

Copied from Eloraam's Twitter

:O

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear from Eloraam. I hope she stays around, since she's a brilliant modder and I owe her for the fun times I had with Tekkit. I fear real life will catch up to her again, and between RP's total rewrite and the rest of us having had a year and a half to advance, RedPower is in a deep hole relative to other mods, so I probably won't use it any time soon.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
If you guys want to use gifs/large images at least put them in a god dam spoiler.

-----My thoughts-------
I'm also on the fence about it, Sure she has a Patreon and while some people are like "Oh god I'm not throwing money to his due to nothing may happen" and I somewhat agree however the Patreon can be motivation.

I will at least give her a high five for starting again. From what I have heard the jump from 1.6 to 1.7 is huge and the fact that doesn't bother her and she wants to add new content on top of this, If I didn't have bills and credit card to pay off I would be happy to throw some money towards her.

Got to remember, Mod authors don't have to release their mods.
So be greatful they do so all can enjoy =)

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
@King Lemming That's why i said afaik.

I'm just surprised at the borderline hate she's getting in this thread and others just because she's back. I mean, read back a couple pages, did you see the freakout when she took a week off twitter? the doom and gloom and wristcutting was about to begin right there.

Honestly, nobody cares what anybody thinks about her being back or if they think she'll stick around, or whatev. That's just drama at this point. Not sure why people think their opinions matter. Public education system's "anyone can be an astronaut!" ideology in action, imo o_O Keep your drama polite, as in, keep it to your damn selves. thx.

Reactions: Francis Baster

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
@King Lemming That's why i said afaik.

I'm just surprised at the borderline hate she's getting in this thread and others just because she's back. I mean, read back a couple pages, did you see the freakout when she took a week off twitter? the doom and gloom and wristcutting was about to begin right there.

Honestly, nobody cares what anybody thinks about her being back or if they think she'll stick around, or whatev. That's just drama at this point. Not sure why people think their opinions matter. Public education system's "anyone can be an astronaut!" ideology in action, imo o_O Keep your drama polite, as in, keep it to your damn selves. thx.
I certainly hope you aren't referring to what I said as hate.
I really enjoyed RP. However, Eloraam disappeared, and will most disappear again. Then there is the icy desert that this forum will become when she dissapears again.

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019

Of course real life takes precedence but whatever happened to common courtesy. She could have sent a 30 sec tweet that said "Afraid I'm done with RP2 as life has picked up". Instead, she just disappeared for 1 1/2 years, re appeared then made a donation account. I stand by what I said, others who have actually made mods and fixed their bugs in the past year and a half deserve donations more than her

l3lackCalamity

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, she made a *lot* from donation drives in like one week leading up to her 1.4.6 release. Like, more than the vast majority of mods make ever*. And frankly, I'd argue the lack of bugfixes means that the community did not get their money's worth on that one.

And again, I like Elo, but yeah...I wouldn't be contributing to that Patreon until I see something released.

(*If you are curious, that definitely includes TE. I think prior to our own Patreon, we were actually in the hole by a fair bit. We're either right around even now or just above it.)

I've always wondered, where do modders expenses come from? Is it total opportunity cost assumed in currency, the sum of utility expenses, or something else entirely.

Reactions: immibis

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Of course real life takes precedence but whatever happened to common courtesy. She could have sent a 30 sec tweet that said "Afraid I'm done with RP2 as life has picked up". Instead, she just disappeared for 1 1/2 years, re appeared then made a donation account. I stand by what I said, others who have actually made mods and fixed their bugs in the past year and a half deserve donations more than her

She doesn't owe you anything, ever. None of these modders owe anybody a thing. Learn this, please.

I mean, if a mod stops getting updated, and the developer drops off the face of the earth, logic tells us A. that person is dead, or 2. they are too busy to contribute to their project at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.