EE3 is already broken!

Should EE3 balance itself around the other mods?

• Yes

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 71 60.7%

• Total voters

XxXxBR1T15HxXxX

Jul 29, 2019
One bone in a pulverizer creates 5 bonemeal. 3 bonemeal with a minium stone creates a bone. Infinite bonemeal production is already a demonstration of the exploits to come in EE3.
2012-12-30_23.51.24.png
2012-12-30_23.51.29.png
2012-12-30_23.51.39.png
2012-12-30_23.52.44.png

AEtherchild

Jul 29, 2019
There's no less than 11 exploits within the current build of EE3 when used alongside the other "big" mods. The horrifying part is that BC Autocrafting Tables have a bug that means the Minium Stone is REPAIRED when used in a recipe within one. I've had to stop using EE3 until there is an option to disable certain recipes in a config file.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Well, yes, dev has stated his intent to make EE detect other mods and adjust itself.
Adaptive code is hard, and takes time.
It will get there.

Reactions: xbony2

XxXxBR1T15HxXxX

Jul 29, 2019
I just can't believe that EE and EE2 were scraped for their brokenness and now the first prereleases of EE3 seem to have the same problems. I would think that when converting bone meal back to bones you'd have to "pay" a convenience fee of perhaps 2 more bonemeal to get a bone back. I know the mod is called EQUIVALENT Exchange, but lets be honest. The concept of this mod will be forever broken unless you put a little more in in terms of EMC than you get out. As the Elric brothers discovered, equivalent exchange is actually a lie. Was killing a city full of people worth really worth bringing a doll to life and saving one boy from death?[DOUBLEPOST=1356930226][/DOUBLEPOST]I didn't see a balance subforum -_-

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't see this as an issue.

I used Soul Shards mod to create 4 skeleton spawners, Tier 5. They produce up to 6 skeletons every 2 seconds. I could convert the xp farm I have to an Item farm, having them drop far enough to kill them. A transposer on a timer will suck up all the bones and arrows that the skeketons drop upon death. They always drop those upon death, only the armor and bows (rare items) wont drop from natural deaths.

Infinite bones. It will even produce bones and bonemeal faster than your system up there.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't see this as an issue.

I used Soul Shards mod to create 4 skeleton spawners, Tier 5. They produce up to 6 skeletons every 2 seconds. I could convert the xp farm I have to an Item farm, having them drop far enough to kill them. A transposer on a timer will suck up all the bones and arrows that the skeketons drop upon death. They always drop those upon death, only the armor and bows (rare items) wont drop from natural deaths.

Infinite bones. It will even produce bones and bonemeal faster than your system up there.

I suppose the point is that this is MUCH easier to build than a set of tier 5 skeleton spawners. 4000 skeleton kills? that's a significant amount of time, even if you get them from a found-in-the-world skeleton spawner or darkroom. A minium stone can be attained within the first hour of dedicated play, and this system can be set up shortly thereafter.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose the point is that this is MUCH easier to build than a set of tier 5 skeleton spawners. 4000 skeleton kills? that's a significant amount of time, even if you get them from a found-in-the-world skeleton spawner or darkroom. A minium stone can be attained within the first hour of dedicated play, and this system can be set up shortly thereafter.

You are ignoring the ability to right click on a skeleton spawner for 1 complete tier. For the 4 tier 5 spawners I have, that is 20 spawners.

Thanks to thaumcraft skeleton and zombie spawners are a dime a dozen.

As far as how fast you get it. What are you really going to use infinite bonemeal for within your first hour of the game?

Having tons of bonemeal isn't even close to being necessary. You need lots of food? Make a Forestry farm. Wood, make a forestry tree farm, which works for rubber.

Sure, tons of bonemeal might be useful in vanilla but what are you really using it for beyond a stack or two of it early in the game, assuming you don't find a village?

Also, you don't need the 4 spawners I have. 1 producing up to 6 skeletons every 2 seconds would be more than enough to produce infinite bones, I use mine for xp which is why I am working my way up to 10 of them.
1 tier 5 is only 5 spawners.

And to take it even farther, you only need tier 3 to have the spawner spit out mobs no matter if you are there or not, and that is all of 256 kills.

Reactions: MagusUnion

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
seems like all the exploits are with pulverisers(or other type of this system) , but it seems like most of it isnt an issue ( bonemeal, blazerods can be easily mass produced with soulshards )

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
thats the problem , if they would use more energy , everything would be just fine , but now you can use 1 minium stone for like 1000 times , as they are made very easily , the energy cost is almost none.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
thats the problem , if they would use more energy , everything would be just fine , but now you can use 1 minium stone for like 1000 times , as they are made very easily , the energy cost is almost none.

EE isn't complete yet so who is saying this wont change in the finally product?

It's like saying that my computer from 1998 is better then the computer you have now.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
"Simpliest" thing with most of the mods out there is a massive config file that allows you to to adjust recipes and outputs. Thus, server owners can attempt their own balance and make available a config download that has to be used on their server.

Even though the blaze and bone "exploit" are already known, EE3 must first get it's basics programmed based on a pure vanilla MC environment. After that is all working, then build in balances/checks against other mods.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you clearly don't understand the meaning of prerelease. this isn't the final mod, probably the biggest reason why the prerelease has been released is because people couldn't wait.
right now EE3 is basically EE1 with some philosopher stone recipes, there's nothing else. EE3 will be a whole different thing then it's right now.

IMO if you want to exploit it, go ahead, but don't complain about it because you can also just not use it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
- This mod is still in development, bugs like the repairing minium stone will be fixed.

- There will eventually be a balance/detection for mod recipes, so no more infinite bonemeal/blaze.

- Bonemeal/Blaze has limited use, and cant be transmuted into much. (so giving yourself infinite bonemeal is fairly useless)

- Most servers ban players who do the above, and SSP just needs self control. (so good luck with that)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So what'ya going to do with limitless bonemeal/bones/blaze? Use the rods as fuel? Woo "OP". It's not Pahi's job to balance his mod around other mods; him doing so is purely out of his own goodwill. Why can I make infinite sand from compressing a piece of sand then pulverizing it? Why is it balanced the other mods create more from nothing while EE3 merely changes what you have? They use power? The power needed to do that seems easier to get than what's needed for EE3 to simply change the state of items. Not to mention if you don't like something a mod does; Don't use that feature.