EE3 is already broken!

Should EE3 balance itself around the other mods?

• Yes

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 71 60.7%

• Total voters

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
All of the "exploity" Pulverizer recipes in Thermal Expansion can be disabled in the config file. :) Just a heads up for you on that.

Doesn't matter, you can just use a Macerator instead of a Pulverizer and the same thing happens.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't matter, you can just use a Macerator instead of a Pulverizer and the same thing happens.

Oh yeah, I know - just pointing out that if you're going to "cheat" with TE - then it's completely intentional - there's no way to justify it by saying it's by design of the mods.

Reactions: Chocorate

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
How is it that it is EE's fault?
Crafting 2 blaze powder back into a blaze rod? Seems balanced to me.
3 Bonemeal back into a bone? Again it's balanced.
If it were the only mod you were using it is very balanced.

It isn't EEs fault that you can pulverize or macerate a blaze rod into 4-6 powder and then recombine and resmash them infinitly. I dont hear anyone screaming about IC2 or TE being unbalanced.

There comes a point in this game when once you have a bit of something you tend to start having more of it than you know what to do with.
Even in vanilla. The progression goes something like:
1. I wish I could find some diamonds!
2. Yay! I've got enough diamonds to make everything I need.
3. Where the hell am I going to store all these #@$&% diamonds?

Also think about some of the recipes that seem to be pointless or crappy compared to another mod, but if that was the only mod you had then it would be very worthwhile. I am all for avoiding needless duplication but there is only so much one can do.

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
I've always been torn on this issue. For me, at least, Equivalent Exchange existed so I could BE an overpowered deity. It's still absatively lovely to have piles and piles of resources as a result of clever Equivalent Exchange manipulation. However, the other half of the issue is that there will always be people who use these logical fallacies to utterly dominate competitive servers and beans things up for the less domination-minded...I kind of got around this by being a complete pacifist when playing Minecraft, but it's not the same situation for everyone. Oh well.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Am i the only one left that doesn't take advantage if i find some exploit to have infinite X item?.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I can see infinite blaze rods being slightly cheaty if you toss em into BC Stirling engines or IC2 plain generators. But, both of those put out relatively small amounts of power. You'd probably need a stack of Stirling engines to run an assembly table at any reasonable speed, and it'd be one hell of a pain to run a Mass-Fab off regular, garden-variety generators. In short, yeah, it is broken, but its level of usefulness is debatable.

Hell, back with EE2, I only ever started using the infinite lava cell/blaze rod thing when I was pretty much godlike, anyway. Just amused me to have a giant room of nothing but old BC steam engines powering a few quarries via power teleport pipe. For me, its mostly a way to have a laugh when you're at a level of power where the Ender Dragon's threat level to you is the equivalent of a pig. Gives a little extra life to your map once you've reach godhood via quantum armor and grossly enchanted weaponry. Just another one of those amusing little gimmicks you can play with and prove to the whole of Minecraftia that you've become unstoppable.

hatecreeper

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont want to exploit than dont do it. so simple as that it is. I hate it when the modders then change their mod (atm im talking about iChun cause its something which annoys me) cause some ppl tell him its to overpowerd,
what in the world does overpowerd even mean? If i want my mod to be like it is than i dont change it.

Reactions: logomaster256

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Leaving aside the broken bugs (bone meal etc), and for now let's just call them oversights, (it's a pre-release ffs) the basic question of "how do we balance EE?" Can be replaced with the question "how much cobblestone is a diamond worth?"
This question would be hard enough to answer in vanilla. And how would you do it? Measure it in hours spent mining? Measure a diamonds worth in the materials used to acquire them? Measure a diamonds worth in the possible uses for them? Use rarity in the world as a measure?
Lets say you balance it. Great. Now re-balance it with over a dozen mods that also deal in converting items from one type to another. Mission impossible.
Obviously EE does more than just convert low rarity items to high rarity ones, and EE is a great mod, and a great idea, but it... It just doesn't play we'll with others. Maybe if you made a mod pack with EE as its base, and picked other mods to compliment it, it would be ok. But EE just seems out of place in an IC2 / RedPower / Buildcraft type pack. I don't think it can be balanced with FTB.
Anyways, that's what I reckon, don't lynch me. :)
Also, the argument "if you don't like it, just don't use it" is pathetic. It is the same as saying "I have no evidence to counter your argument, but am going to dismiss it anyway, because, well, Nyah Nyah Nyah! Keep the status quo!" And it implies that nothing is up for discussion, when in reality that's what this forum is for. Discussion.

Reactions: Narcisism

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool if the dusts produced by the pulveriser had metadata so they would not work to create loops, not that I am really having an issue, I mean right now I am getting 'infinite' iridium by a very long and tedious and eu intensive process that involves non-renewable resources (rich slag) to get 1 iridium every 15 minutes... I'm also using the pulverizer to get 'infinite' tnt... (netherrack and sandstone...), saves me trying to make a creeeper farm.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool if the dusts produced by the pulveriser had metadata so they would not work to create loops, not that I am really having an issue, I mean right now I am getting 'infinite' iridium by a very long and tedious and eu intensive process that involves non-renewable resources (rich slag) to get 1 iridium every 15 minutes... I'm also using the pulverizer to get 'infinite' tnt... (netherrack and sandstone...), saves me trying to make a creeeper farm.
Non-renewable resources means that that is not infinite.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

The plans seems to be, instead, if there is a recipe in the game to get more then 3 bonemeal from a bone, the EE recipe will change from requiring 3, to requiring 4, 5 or 6, as needed, so that you need as much as you can get for the conversion.

Reactions: Jay Cee

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
The plans seems to be, instead, if there is a recipe in the game to get more then 3 bonemeal from a bone, the EE recipe will change from requiring 3, to requiring 4, 5 or 6, as needed, so that you need as much as you can get for the conversion.
I can see this ending badly.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
I voted no. Not that it matters, pahimar wont change his course of balancing the mod.

I like having powers to get rid of my useless stacks of dirt and cobble, then getting to use that same power so I can make a glass pyramid.

WITHOUT having to shovel an entire beach and ruining the landscape

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I can see this ending badly.

Well these recipies aren't really necessary in the first place. Making bones out of bonemeal? Making blaze-rods out of blazepowder? Why would you want to do that. So the downside is that the transmutation recipies are balanced around the most efficient process to gain that ressource, which makes them rather useless at the start. But that isn't a big deal. Also the durability of the miniumstone is completly configurable. So you can even balance it around this, my Minium-Stone only has 10 uses, since I only use it for transmutations and 10 uses are enough in regards to this. Since you basically play minecraft with yourself you can only cheat yourself.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Well these recipies aren't really necessary in the first place. Making bones out of bonemeal? Making blaze-rods out of blazepowder? Why would you want to do that. So the downside is that the transmutation recipies are balanced around the most efficient process to gain that ressource, which makes them rather useless at the start. But that isn't a big deal. Also the durability of the miniumstone is completly configurable. So you can even balance it around this, my Minium-Stone only has 10 uses, since I only use it for transmutations and 10 uses are enough in regards to this. Since you basically play minecraft with yourself you can only cheat yourself.

the blaze powder to blaze rod one could be useful in the early stages of the game.
If you don't go to the nether yet but find some cinderpearls, you can make blaze rods for the brewing stand and ender chests. Outside of that, unlimited of bones, bonemeal, blaze rods and blaze powder is kind of pointless.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Please dont bring EE and EE2 into this for being "broken". They were overpowered (despite the high entry cost) and sadly, people complained about it rather than just not using the mod. This however, is a bug that will be solved. I just hope "balancing" complaints wont make EE3 just like any other tech mod..

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
The only issue I ever has with EE2 was the something for nothing mechanic (solar collectors I think) That, however was what the FTB maps were based on.