EE3 is already broken!

Should EE3 balance itself around the other mods?

• Yes

Votes: 46 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 71 60.7%

• Total voters

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest difference I see in EE compared to most other mods is the ability to completely reverse the crafting system from vanilla.
So far Vanilla + most other mods use a system where you are using material A to make material B to make material C.

So far, every single multi mod exploit I have seen is made by utilizing the reverse feature.
A way to limit the number of exploits could be, to remove the feature to "reverse engineer" items entirely.

This would still give you the ability to create diamonds from dirt (should you wish to do so) but you can no longer just convert everything into one thing for easy storage.

madman13

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bump up and old thread, but I thought that would be preferable to creating a new one. The Mod is now "balanced" in that both the blaze rod recipe and the bone meal one have been removed. However, the configuration of mods I have been using to play was actually designed to be balanced while those recipes remained intact, and as a result I now have an unintentionally difficult system on my hands. Is there anything I can do to re-enable the recipes for my version of EE3?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry to bump up and old thread, but I thought that would be preferable to creating a new one. The Mod is now "balanced" in that both the blaze rod recipe and the bone meal one have been removed. However, the configuration of mods I have been using to play was actually designed to be balanced while those recipes remained intact, and as a result I now have an unintentionally difficult system on my hands. Is there anything I can do to re-enable the recipes for my version of EE3?
Unless you know how to code; no. The recipes aren't actually removed the call for them when the other recipes are called has been removed. All you have to do to make it work is add one line back.

madman13

Jul 29, 2019
yes, I suspected that was the case. I have some knowledge of Java coding, but couldn't find the recipe calls in the source code. If you know the line I need to add it would be welcome, but simply knowing where to add it would be a good start.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
*Points at the recipe remover mod*

Having a limitless amount of bonemeal does mean you have a limitless amount of food (assuming you have already set up a farm), so it's a good bit OP.

For server owners, there is that magical mod I just pointed out.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
EE3 is open source to my knowledge before anyone jumps down my throat for posting code. If it is otherwise please do notify me.

Code:
  for (ItemStack stone : transmutationStones) {
  initTransmutationRecipes(stone);
  initEquivalenceRecipes(stone);

initDestructorRecipes(stone);
  initPortableSmeltingRecipes(stone);
  }

This is in RecipesTransmutationStone.class

Add in the missing line
Code:
initReconstructionRecipes(stone);

You'll need to follow the instructions on the github to properly rebuild the jar into a working version though.