Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GU_MindFreak

Jul 29, 2019
This is not about my own experiences with the pack, but I'd like to ask a rather simple question. What mods are you guys considering/already starting out your world with? I mean this after the ore doubling.. Such as if you prefer to start with a magic mod after being lightly-established or do you advance through the tech trees, first?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If you are interested, I've already done this in my Omega Dawn pack. I can share the config. It's basically slimeball, rubber (from MFR) and dye makes one of those plastics at 1 bar. Still requires some form of farming, but using existing resources instead of a whole load of new resources.

I've already posted a similar Minetweaker code which is

Code:
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:0>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:0>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:1>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:1>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:2>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:2>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:3>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:3>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:4>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:4>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:5>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:5>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:6>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:6>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:8>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:8>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:9>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:9>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:11>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:11>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:10>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:10>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:12>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:12>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:14>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:14>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<PneumaticCraft:plasticPlant:15>, [[<minecraft:wheat_seeds>, <minecraft:dye:15>]]);

I disabled the plant generation and added recipes which is a minecraft wheat seed + a dye would create a pneumaticcraft plant seed.
but does your recipe skip the pressure chamber crafting and adds a crafting table recipe for the plastic? that'd be pretty nice because I kind of hate the early use of a pressure chamber.
it's also a real pain to craft a pressure chamber as you're wasting so many iron ingots to craft compressed iron ingots before you can build a pressure chamber...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
but does your recipe skip the pressure chamber crafting and adds a crafting table recipe for the plastic? that'd be pretty nice because I kind of hate the early use of a pressure chamber.
it's also a real pain to craft a pressure chamber as you're wasting so many iron ingots to craft compressed iron ingots before you can build a pressure chamber...
It's basically slimeball, rubber (from MFR) and dye makes one of those plastics at 1 bar.
Apparently no. That also means no easy lapis, ink sac or slime farming :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently no. That also means no easy lapis, ink sac or slime farming :p

aah, I didn't know you could already tweak the pressure chamber recipes.
it does sound like a pretty good alternative, as it indeed gets rid of some of the methods that could be abused with the plants

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've already posted a similar Minetweaker code which is
I disabled the plant generation and added recipes which is a minecraft wheat seed + a dye would create a pneumaticcraft plant seed.
No, it's all pressure chamber based, keeping with the original design of the mod. Just means you need to farm dyes, slimes and rubber.

Pressure chamber is a waste early on, to help counter that in my pack, I've given various things compressed iron alternative recipes, that use less iron compared to the original recipe.
You have got me thinking about alternative crafting recipes for compressed iron and the plastics. Some that avoid the existing mechanics, but are wasteful in some other way. For example, a crude way would be 1 iron ingot surrounded by sand and gunpowder equals one compressed iron ingot. Wastes gunpowder and sand, but saves on iron (and explosions) and for plastics, perhaps 3 dye, rubber and slime to make 1 plastic.

The plants are an interesting mechanic, just not one I'm keen on in a tech mod, and there's enough new flora in my pack as it is :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's all pressure chamber based, keeping with the original design of the mod. Just means you need to farm dyes, slimes and rubber.

Pressure chamber is a waste early on, to help counter that in my pack, I've given various things compressed iron alternative recipes, that use less iron compared to the original recipe.
You have got me thinking about alternative crafting recipes for compressed iron and the plastics. Some that avoid the existing mechanics, but are wasteful in some other way. For example, a crude way would be 1 iron ingot surrounded by sand and gunpowder equals one compressed iron ingot. Wastes gunpowder and sand, but saves on iron (and explosions) and for plastics, perhaps 3 dye, rubber and slime to make 1 plastic.

The plants are an interesting mechanic, just not one I'm keen on in a tech mod, and there's enough new flora in my pack as it is :D

sounds pretty interesting. Pneumaticcraft has some good mechanics, but it really needs to be polished up a bit more with some of it other things

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
With ElectriCraft installed from Reika, not only will u have acces to a unlimited RF cable but it will also have Platinum Ore in the terrain generation, wich is basicly Shiny Metal Ore.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
sounds pretty interesting. Pneumaticcraft has some good mechanics, but it really needs to be polished up a bit more with some of it other things
Here's the code (ModTweaker required)

Code:
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:0>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:0>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:1>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:1>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:2>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:2>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:3>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:3>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:4>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:4>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:5>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:5>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:6>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:6>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:7>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:7>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:8>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:8>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:9>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:9>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:10>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:10>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:11>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:11>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:12>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:12>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:13>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:13>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:14>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:14>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:15>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:15>], false);

Couldn't remove the recipes for seeds to plastic, kept crashing with NEI. (Might be fixed in later versions).
I added MFR plastic just to give more use for the rubber trees. With this, you still need to setup farms (using whatever creative means you can think off), but it's using "vanilla" components.
When I finally get to playing properly, I think I'll be setting up a bee hive area which has a drone picking the excess flowers, some system of dye crafting (A SFM setup might be good here), then some other system for slime balls (either using slimes or slime trees). Then a stock control to ensure things don't get harvested if I don't need them. Could be a good project.

Reactions: Yusunoha

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
With ElectriCraft installed from Reika, not only will u have acces to a unlimited RF cable but it will also have Platinum Ore in the terrain generation, wich is basicly Shiny Metal Ore.
There already is a small amount of shiny ore in the ground with DW20

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
you need to mine around 30-35 for iron.

Awesome, thank you :) I've found plenty of Iron now, seems to be around Coal deposits as well.

Hey.. on another note.. what on Minecraftia are these?

2014-11-06_23.45.18.png

They're dotted about the world (I am using the same seed as DireWolf20 on this play through), are they giant golums.. waiting to be activated? I saw a witch near one and had to flee due to low health.

-Wuffle!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thank you :) I've found plenty of Iron now, seems to be around Coal deposits as well.

Hey.. on another note.. what on Minecraftia are these?

View attachment 13348

They're dotted about the world (I am using the same seed as DireWolf20 on this play through), are they giant golums.. waiting to be activated? I saw a witch near one and had to flee due to low health.

-Wuffle!
They are straw men from Witchery. They have zombie spawners under them

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I built all my Thermal Expansion machines. Life is good. However, I built the "Basic" versions, and I see TE now has some sort of upgraded tiers on their machines? But all the recipes end up with the same "Basic" machine! So are these upgraded machine tiers working in DW1.7? Do they increase the processing speed?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
that's an error in NEI which doesn't account properly for NBT data in crafting recipes, they also have more upgrade slots

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the code (ModTweaker required)

Code:
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:0>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:0>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:1>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:1>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:2>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:2>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:3>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:3>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:4>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:4>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:5>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:5>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:6>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:6>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:7>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:7>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:8>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:8>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:9>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:9>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:10>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:10>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:11>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:11>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:12>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:12>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:13>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:13>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:14>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:14>], false);
mods.pneumaticcraft.Pressure.addRecipe([<minecraft:dye:15>,<minecraft:slime_ball>,<MineFactoryReloaded:item.mfr.plastic.raw>], 1, [<PneumaticCraft:plastic:15>], false);

Couldn't remove the recipes for seeds to plastic, kept crashing with NEI. (Might be fixed in later versions).
I added MFR plastic just to give more use for the rubber trees. With this, you still need to setup farms (using whatever creative means you can think off), but it's using "vanilla" components.
When I finally get to playing properly, I think I'll be setting up a bee hive area which has a drone picking the excess flowers, some system of dye crafting (A SFM setup might be good here), then some other system for slime balls (either using slimes or slime trees). Then a stock control to ensure things don't get harvested if I don't need them. Could be a good project.

perhaps for the compressed iron ingot you could also add a recipe that requires the tinkers construct smeltery where 1 iron ingot and 1 obsidian would produce 1 compressed iron ingot
or if you have tinkers steelworks installed and it has Mine/Modtweaker support, you could actually use the gunpowder and sand recipe with the high oven

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
that's an error in NEI which doesn't account properly for NBT data in crafting recipes, they also have more upgrade slots

So then I should indeed go build the upgraded TE machines? I wasn't certain if it was a waste of materials given the NEI information. Thanks RatchetFreak!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So then I should indeed go build the upgraded TE machines? I wasn't certain if it was a waste of materials given the NEI information. Thanks RatchetFreak!
Yep. There will be a benefit, improve the tier of the machine to match your processing requirements.

perhaps for the compressed iron ingot you could also add a recipe that requires the tinkers construct smeltery where 1 iron ingot and 1 obsidian would produce 1 compressed iron ingot
or if you have tinkers steelworks installed and it has Mine/Modtweaker support, you could actually use the gunpowder and sand recipe with the high oven
Possibly, I might even use the Mek compressor (don't have steelworks). The Mek compressor has a different recipe which is a little more involved, but that might be too easy compared to the two options supplied with PC.

Reactions: Yusunoha

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
The upgrades themselves are called "augments". The machine tiers allow more augments to be installed and are also prerequisites for higher level augments.

-.- I've been playing around with thaumcraft's new stuff and got some warp, so I made myself some bath salts. Only to find out that the warp ward effect makes particles.... thirty minutes of white particles spawning on me is worse than any of the warp effects I would have gotten in that half hour.... way more annoying.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The upgrades themselves are called "augments". The machine tiers allow more augments to be installed and are also prerequisites for higher level augments.

Cool! Since I got a nice little enderminy trick going on in my world, I'm gonna upgrade to enderium tier of TE machines and see what these augments are all about! Probably will need a bigger Big Reactor but that's do-able now too I think. Direwolf pack is always so much fun. :)