Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 Season 7 - Discussion Topic

As probably most of you all have noticed by now, the Direwolf20 pack for season 7 has been released and is now available on the launcher. With that direwolf also released the first episode of the new season and is now available on youtube.

And with a new pack comes a new season, and with a new season I thought it'd be fitting if there was also a new discussion topic.

Season 7 has been announced for a few weeks now, with some sneak peaks here and there by Direwolf20 and people who were testing the pack and were streaming it live on Twitch. The pack was announced to be released today in DireNews - Episode 13 which was released yesterday. The first episode of season 7 was also released today, which you can watch here.

You can use this topic to discuss about the Direwolf20 season 7 pack or about season 7 itself. If you want to report bugs about the pack, you can do that here.

You may want to consider installing Fastcraft yourself into the pack, which was not officially added to the pack due to it still being a beta. If you want to download Fastcraft you can do that here.
To install Fastcraft simply drop the downloaded file into the mods folder of your Direwolf20 instance.

For future changelogs of the pack you can follow this page, where official changelogs are posted for the Direwolf20 pack by @VikeStep.

If you're interested on playing the same seed as Direwolf20 for season 7, he used these settings for the world.
Seed Name: Season7 - LetsPlay -- Huzzah!
Seed Number: -1590283390
Generate Structures: ON
World Type: Biomes O' Plenty
Allow Cheats: OFF
Bonus Chest: OFF

The mods that are in the season 7 pack can be found in the list down below. This list of all the mods has been put together by @Watchful11 and was posted on the FTB Reddit

To give you a few examples of things you can discuss, you could for example discuss:
  • What mods you've added or removed from the pack.
  • What configuration changes you've made to the configurations.
  • What world/seed you're playing with the season 7 pack.
  • Some screenshots of the world you've been playing with the season 7 pack.
  • Your thoughts and opinions about the pack and the season.
  • Builds you've done with the pack.

And so on. Please be polite to eachother and keep the heated discussions to a minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I was looking through the various mods available and noticed things like Redpower-style frames, Ender IO and Steve's Factory Manager. All I could think was: "yep, this pack is so typically Direwolf20."

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking through the various mods available and noticed things like Redpower-style frames, Ender IO and Steve's Factory Manager. All I could think was: "yep, this pack is so typically Direwolf20."

yup, it's pretty much a direwolf20 pack with some minor changes. which in all isn't too bad if he keeps doing things like Forgecraft and series with Pahimar to switch things up, otherwise it could get boring quite fast for the people who've been following him for a few seasons now.

first thing I did when I loaded up the pack was disable aromobackup and added ArmorStatusHUD, StatusEffectHUD, WorldStateCheckpoints, Fastcraft, Optifine and NotEnoughKeys
it's a bit of a shame he didn't add Bluepower instead of Project Red, but I haven't heard much about Bluepower lately...

it was a suprise to see that Carpenter's Blocks and Chisel were in the pack, but in my opinion you can already improve your aesthetics of a build by alot just by using a bit of carpenter's blocks and chisel blocks, so I'm really hoping he'll be using them a bit here and there in his builds.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
it was a suprise to see that Carpenter's Blocks and Chisel were in the pack, but in my opinion you can already improve your aesthetics of a build by alot just by using a bit of carpenter's blocks and chisel blocks, so I'm really hoping he'll be using them a bit here and there in his builds.
Maybe people finally managed to nag him enough for him to build more fancy things.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm sure if DW could've gotten permission Fastcraft would've been installed by default.

Apparently the Developer is still working on it and doesn't want to give permission for pack inclusion yet, but you can go get it yourself.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Off to play!

No Treecapitator mod, gonna have to add it, and I see creepers don't damage the landscape so compared to some of the mods I've been playing that will be a nice change. :)

The Controls screen doesn't have a left-right slider bar, and I can't see all the text on the screen to change my keybindings.

When I killed my first mob, it turned black... is the Morph mod in this modpack??!!

Just had an odd thing happen - I had 2 dirt in my inventory, and I broke 5 more dirt blocks... and the two stacks wouldn't combine... so something is going on, NBT tag problems?

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure if DW could've gotten permission Fastcraft would've been installed by default.

Apparently the Developer is still working on it and doesn't want to give permission for pack inclusion yet, but you can go get it yourself.

yes, it was not added because it's still in development. on one side I can understand player, as it'd be a real pain if people kept bugging him about problems with the mod while it's still in beta, but on the other side pretty much any mod can be considered as being in beta, as they're all still being developed and worked on.

but nowadays it's so easy to install mods in Minecraft, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for people.

it'd be fun if someone would add HQM to the pack and would write quests that follow each new episode of the season. it doesn't need to be very difficult quests or quests with huge rewards, but just some quests people can complete with each new episode and kind of play along with direwolf.

I was hoping the dense ores would be configured to support other ores aswell than just vanilla... maybe I'll try doing it myself.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I have a seed I want to use, but for some reason I can't enter a long string in the space. Random seeds generate 2x longer than I can type in. Maybe if I reset the GUI scale...

As in 1.6.4, I've cut about half the mods, including IC2, Buildcraft, BoP, Twilight Forest, & Project Red.

I've also added a few, such as Bluepower, LanteaCraft, Minechem, & Gendustry.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019

I just hope Fastcraft doesn't end up as Optifine 2.0 and break all the things.

As far as the pack goes, I was a bit disappointed to see Project Red instead of Blue power. From the looks of the pack, it's a bit like Monster just minus Reika's mods.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
*Woo!- throws panties on stage!*

Turning off walia, minimaps and all the other meta-gamey cheating nonsense that clogs the HUD.
Might crank up the Tinker's difficulty a little.
Dropping MFR, Mystcraft, Morph, BoP and Jabba.
(WHY is Jabba in there when you already have Factorization Barrels??)​
Hopefully I can get Logistics pipes and Pchan's airship in.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
My current pack looks pretty much like this give or take a few mods.

It bugs me that after all these years he hasnt found a better way to get started than to immediately start mining right by spawn. Go get some wool for a bed, man! Maybe find some potatoes. Use stone sticks for torches while mining, jeeze.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It bugs me that after all these years he hasnt found a better way to get started than to immediately start mining right by spawn. Go get some wool for a bed, man! Maybe find some potatoes. Use stone sticks for torches while mining, jeeze.

I hear ya, but I guess in a Let'sPlay series, you really don't want the first few episodes to just be wandering around the map. In my first few days of play, I made a boat and sailed around a big ocean because it's the easiest and best way to explore IMO (unless you have Morph mod and can be a bat and fly). Can you imagine if Dire's first episode was just him sailing around in a boat and looking at the JourneyMap every 15 seconds? LOL Dire does the things he does because he's video'ing, and that changes the gameplay a bit I think. He's so smooth with his delivery, I'm positive he scripts the rough outline of the entire Let'sPlay ahead of time, and so he knows exactly what he plans to do for each episode right down to the minute. LOL

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
As the pack has no ducts yet from TE what are you guys using for fluid/item/liquid transportation?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As the pack has no ducts yet from TE what are you guys using for fluid/item/liquid transportation?

Use the Ender IO conduits instead, they pretty much do the same thing as the old TE conduits did. Use pressurized conduits for fluids to replicate TE conduits (there's also a gravity conduit for fluids which I never use).

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
(WHY is Jabba in there when you already have Factorization Barrels??)

Why wouldn't you add it is the better question.

Aside from the barrel functionality being a bit better (input / output, item normalization, upgrades) you get two of the best utility items available: Dolly + Diamond Dolly.

Nothing against Factorization, which is one of my favorite mods (and I actually prefer the FZ barrels for a few things).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I just hope Fastcraft doesn't end up as Optifine 2.0 and break all the things.

As far as the pack goes, I was a bit disappointed to see Project Red instead of Blue power. From the looks of the pack, it's a bit like Monster just minus Reika's mods.
Blue Power wasn't added per the developers request because they didn't deem it ready for pack release yet

Arvetis

Jul 29, 2019
I admit I'm not very experienced with RF, but how do we get up and going without the TE conduits? The EnderIO conduits all require RF themselves.