Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Let me know how you do with adding Reika's mods to the pack. For some reason I get issues (NoClassDefError-type issues) when I try. Not sure who isn't playing well together.
For me, so far, I've only added Practicalities and RandomThings. I've also incorporated the script changes provided by @Yusunoha above. Other than some glitches like some items not stacking together or Binnie's doors breaking when you break the block under them, I'm not having too many issues.

Update: I've added RotaryCraft, ChromatiCraft, and Expanded Redstone into the DW20 1.7.10 pack. Got them (so far) playing okay with Forestry, Buildcraft and Binnie's Mods. Testing now to find the non-obvious bugs.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf mentioned Aura nodes as the source for aurum on his twitter to someone. It got me thinking, and after a few tests, I made an essentia farm ;).

It turns out that I couldn't capture a wisp in an MFR safari net, in order to autospawn one, however, the enderIO soul vials and broken spawner functionality does work for wisps. So you can capture a wisp in a soul vial, and then change the type of any random broken spawner to wisp. Combine that with a powered spawner in an anvil and viola, infinite wisps & essence, especially the elusive auram.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, got ore doubling going, these Ender IO machines are very interesting :)

2014-11-04_22.14.04.png

I found that ores in this mod pack are placed differently than before, Iron was tricky to find, lead is also generally close to Silver, had to go back into the mining cave to find lead so I could make the energy cell that Dire uses in episode two.

Got HEAPS of gold though :)

-Wuffle

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, got ore doubling going, these Ender IO machines are very interesting :)

View attachment 13317

I found that ores in this mod pack are placed differently than before, Iron was tricky to find, lead is also generally close to Silver, had to go back into the mining cave to find lead so I could make the energy cell that Dire uses in episode two.

Got HEAPS of gold though :)

-Wuffle
you need to mine around 30-35 for iron. There's a link in the pack description on the launcher to a sheet showing the ore distributions. In a nutshell, specific ores are common at specific levels, but each ore also appears infrequently in the levels below it's optimal. aluminium->copper->ferrous->Iron->silver/lead->tin->lapis->gold->redstone/diamond

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
I remember trying out Ender IO in the FTB Monster pack, but it was bugged beyond belief. Seems to be better now

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else feels like there is way to much ferrous ore generated?^^ i generally find more ferrous then iron while mining on layer 30-33 (iron spawns most from 28-38 iirc)
And as far as i can see ferrous has very little use (most used for invar but even there i need way more iron)

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a question. If I were to want to disable the Pneumaticcraft plants would I need to restart the world? Also without TE Condit can I power BC machines with Rf?

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the pack goes, I was a bit disappointed to see Project Red instead of Blue power.

I dont know about you, but my main use of project red is the red alloy wires (coloured/bunled/framed) and gates. Considering that Bluepowers versions of those are extremely bugged right now (or NYI) id say its only natural to not use bluepower untill the issues are fixed (its being completly rewritten). Adding to that, Project red has developed and added a bunch of neat features to its gates that bluepower does not have. And there is a mod called project blue adding even more neat redstone related things.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a question. If I were to want to disable the Pneumaticcraft plants would I need to restart the world? Also without TE Condit can I power BC machines with Rf?
I seriously doubt switching the config option will remove the plants that are already in the world.
And both energy transfer node + transfer pipes from Extra utilities, and energy conduits from EnderIO supply power to buildcraft and forestry machines no problem.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else feels like there is way to much ferrous ore generated?^^ i generally find more ferrous then iron while mining on layer 30-33 (iron spawns most from 28-38 iirc)
And as far as i can see ferrous has very little use (most used for invar but even there i need way more iron)

Ferrous actually has a very big use... Shiny Metal. I'm not in the game so don't quote me on recipes, but if you silk touch Redstone Ore, you will get (25% of the time I think) a Cinnibar by-product when you pulverize it in Thermal Expansion. And then if you put a Ferrous Ore plus a cinnibar (I think they might have changed it to two cinnibars) into a TE Induction Smelter, you get a 100% chance (i.e. always) of getting a Shiny Metal ingot in addition to Ferrous ingots... or something like that anyways. Look it all up in NEI. Note the Thaumcraft cinnibar is not the same as the TE cinnibar, altho they've added a way to convert using Gelid Cryotheum (also in NEI). Shiny Metal is required to make Enderium ingots, which are required to build all the highest-tier TE stuff.

EMERALDS: Who has figured out where to find them? I need Silky Touch for my TC pickaxe. I tried Extreme Hills biome at elevation 8 and found many diamonds but zero emeralds. Will dig higher and try elevation 30-35 so I can get some iron while looking for emeralds.

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
You also find lots of shiny ore so even that is not a big problem (already got 2 stacks of shiny ingots)

directly form wiki
Emerald ore is only generated in Extreme Hills biomes. Due to the nature of the generation algorithm, it may be found a short distance into adjacent biomes, but always within the same chunk as an Extreme Hills biome.[1] It attempts to generate 3-8 times per each chunk, generating anywhere between layers 4 and 32, meaning it can occur as high up as gold can.

In a world there are about 0.2 Emerald ores per chunk. It will only generate in locations which would have otherwise been stone - it is thus possible for as few as 0 to 2 emeralds to generate in a chunk. Found as individual blocks, rather than veins, it can be encountered more commonly than gold, which has a similar range.

also afew BoP biomes spawn it but i actually have no idea which are enabeld (havent found an Emerald hill biome yet (i think that's what it was called) found tons of emeralds in there in 1.6.4)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks, I guess I just haven't been lucky then because that's where I've been looking for emeralds. I moved up to y=32 and didn't find any either. I'll try y=18, right in the middle of 4 and 32. All I need is one emerald to make a Silky Touch so I can go back and double all those diamond ores I found along the way...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
wouldn't it be easier to make an TiC pick with fortune 3? thats what i did atleast

I prefer Silky Touch because then I can deal with processing all my ore blocks back at base, either pulverizing it or Fortune III it, whichever gives me more quantity. If I Fortune III stuff as I go along, my inventory space runs out quicker. Carrying redstone ore blocks is much better than carrying around a whole bunch of redstone dusts even tho you can use a crafting table and compact them down to blocks. That takes time. Silk Touch everything, deal with it later IMO.

I just found a huge chasm in Extreme Hills stretching from y=11 to y=41 and there isn't a single emerald block showing on the walls anywhere (I have bat morph so I can fly around and inspect easily). Getting very discouraged now.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
you don't need to connect a machine to a conduit for the machine to work. you can also directly place the machine next to a generator for the machine to work.
so craft yourself a generator and place the machine directly next to it, so it gets power and you're able to craft the resources need to craft RF conduits

I'm also thinking of disabling the generation of PneumaticCraft plants and adding crafting recipes for the seeds, Minetweaker is installed anyways and I just hate those plants
If you are interested, I've already done this in my Omega Dawn pack. I can share the config. It's basically slimeball, rubber (from MFR) and dye makes one of those plastics at 1 bar. Still requires some form of farming, but using existing resources instead of a whole load of new resources.