Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I've been away for a very long time and am now just stating on this ModPack, but I've got a LOT of spare time on my hands so hope to catch up in a week or three...

My main issue is that i'm using the seed that he used but my world is different. The seed is 1590283390, i've got everything set up the same...

Any suggestions?

I'm using Creeperhost for my server.

-Wuffle!

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
My main issue is that i'm using the seed that he used but my world is different. The seed is 1590283390, i've got everything set up the same...

Any suggestions?
Could it be that the seed should be negative? Otherwise, could it be a different "level-type" value that somehow has been carried over in server.properties?

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Could it be that the seed should be negative? Otherwise, could it be a different "level-type" value that somehow has been carried over in server.properties?

I've tried the seed number from teh start of this thread, ive also typed in the 'Season 7 - LetsPlay -- Huzzah!' into the seed and it generates something else again, i'll try the negative sign though and see
what happens.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the BoP world generator?
I suggest that you have the correct seed, but the modlist in the pack has changed not insubstantially.

What you need to do is download v1.0 of the Dw20 pack - enter the Season 7 - Lets Play -- Huzzah! and do the initial world gen with that, perhaps in creative mode, until you get the desired result.

Dire has not travelled that far on camera, so just explore the square km around the spawn / build site and you should be able to upgrade and play along.

Personally it took me a good couple of tried to get it right, even with the video in front of me I still managed to mess up the number of !'s or capitilzation or something.

I've tried the seed number from teh start of this thread, ive also typed in the 'Season 7 - LetsPlay -- Huzzah!' into the seed and it generates something else again, i'll try the negative sign though and see
what happens.

Theres no space between "Season" and "7".

This string yields the correct seed id. The server I play on has added Ars Magica and 1.3.1 of the dw20 pack, and I certainly don't end up with the correct spawn co-ordinates, or terrain features when I fly to them.

Season7 - LetsPlay -- Huzzah!

The seed / seed# are actually given on the very first thread of this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Oh. And, as of episode 105, why in the hell has Direwolf not make the TiC knapsack yet?
There used to be a nasty bug/interaction between the knapsack and the OpenBlocks gravestone which could cause items to be lost permanently on death. I presume (would hope) it's since been fixed, but I suspect a lot of people still tend to avoid the knapsack in conjunction with the gravestone anyway...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
There used to be a nasty bug/interaction between the knapsack and the OpenBlocks gravestone which could cause items to be lost permanently on death. I presume (would hope) it's since been fixed, but I suspect a lot of people still tend to avoid the knapsack in conjunction with the gravestone anyway...

Well, it was my assumption that these small issues were fixed with the inclusion of both mods in a well designed pack. And, having died many times I can confirm that the open blocks gravestone at least is well aware of the TiC backpack contents.

Reactions: desht

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. And, as of episode 105, why in the hell has Direwolf not make the TiC knapsack yet?
Because he doesn't really need to.
Then again he could store all his bags in the TiC Backpack saving some space but then he'd have to press one extra tab to access his stuff.
I don't find the TiC backpack to be to useful. Unless they have added a way to open that backpack directly with a key press.
like how the backpack mod works.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Just watched the last episode of season VII, i'm still way back at episode 20 lol in terms of my building, hopefully I can catch up before he starts season 8.

Anyone got any ideas what he's doing in Season 8? It looks like he wants to go the moon?

-Wuffle!

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
I dropped out of watching early this season.

The first few episodes were neat, but Dire quickly falls into the same building routine he's had for the last few seasons.

Reactions: epidemia78

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just watched the last episode of season VII, i'm still way back at episode 20 lol in terms of my building, hopefully I can catch up before he starts season 8.

Anyone got any ideas what he's doing in Season 8? It looks like he wants to go the moon?

-Wuffle!

The moon reference was for his new lets play that he is doing on another game: Space Engineers

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I dropped out of watching early this season.

The first few episodes were neat, but Dire quickly falls into the same building routine he's had for the last few seasons.

that's a reason why I'm liking his LP seasons less each time aswell, he falls into the same routine each season.
his HQM packs are fun to watch because he's forced to step away from his routine, and on his forgecraft series it's not always that bad, but his singleplayer series do.

I really hope he'll do something new in his next singleplayer series, for example a modpack put together by the community or putting some restrictions on himself, then again, he does always use his singleplayer series as a sort of tutorial style LP for people who're new to modded minecraft

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
that's a reason why I'm liking his LP seasons less each time aswell, he falls into the same routine each season.
his HQM packs are fun to watch because he's forced to step away from his routine, and on his forgecraft series it's not always that bad, but his singleplayer series do.

I really hope he'll do something new in his next singleplayer series, for example a modpack put together by the community or putting some restrictions on himself, then again, he does always use his singleplayer series as a sort of tutorial style LP for people who're new to modded minecraft

Just bloody take Extra Utilites away from him...

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
As it was, he terminated the season with so many mods in the pack that he never even touched. IC2, Witchery, Modular Powersuits, Factorization, Staves Carts, Tinkers Mechworks were never even touched at all.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Now he's playing Space Engineers! Although if I was him I would have waited for the planets and netcode update, which we might get by Christmas.... 2017...
Or this Christmas, you never know.

None the less it's a cool game and will be right up his alley. Although his first mining craft is god effing awful... Pure fail.
Plus save from the eventual planet update everywhere is voidbase!

Hmm actually now I shudder to think of how dire wire will translate in to a conveyor tube format. No AE2 in space unfortunately.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Now he's playing Space Engineers! Although if I was him I would have waited for the planets and netcode update, which we might get by Christmas.... 2017...
Or this Christmas, you never know.

None the less it's a cool game and will be right up his alley. Although his first mining craft is god effing awful... Pure fail.
Plus save from the eventual planet update everywhere is voidbase!

Hmm actually now I shudder to think of how dire wire will translate in to a conveyor tube format. No AE2 in space unfortunately.

the conveyor system is AE in space especially with that mod that will auto sort though that'll end up being more Logistics pipes

I just hope he won't create a 9x9 as his first room

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It's a little more complicated than AE2. Getting things to go where they are supposed to is a task.
Unless you use that autosort mod, doing it vanilla is rather difficult.
Wish that auto sort thing wasn't so cheaty. Make it required a sort of logistics block like the sorter but not restricted to one way and give it regulation functions. So it becomes part of an engineering challenge and not as simple as typeing in what you want.