Direwolf20 season 7 - Huzzah!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing they should add to thermal dynamics (ducts mod)...Sensors. Place these blocks anywhere along a duct network and they can tell you if there is a certain amount of stuff anywhere in the system. You can also customize which inventories to look (for example only look in THESE chests).

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing they should add to thermal dynamics (ducts mod)...Sensors. Place these blocks anywhere along a duct network and they can tell you if there is a certain amount of stuff anywhere in the system. You can also customize which inventories to look (for example only look in THESE chests).
Or pulse when an item travels through the pipe that the sensor itself is on, like you can do with BC Gates. :)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna give Dire some Kudos for his recent builds. While they are not that impressive by regular building standards considering he's the father of the 9x9 I think his efforts are amiable.
Hopefully he learns from the better builders in his circle a bit more(which to be frank is all of them). Working directly with Aurelian should hopefully give Dire some ideas.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Im gonna give Dire some Kudos for his recent builds. While they are not that impressive by regular building standards considering he's the father of the 9x9 I think his efforts are amiable.
Hopefully he learns from the better builders in his circle a bit more(which to be frank is all of them). Working directly with Aurelian should hopefully give Dire some ideas.

One of the things he should learn is breaking up the uniformity of the cubes with a contrast feature. In his thaumcraft building he made a band of contrasting blocks; He should have done the same for the BM tower halfway up.

His greenhouse is just a mess. the main blocks should have been normal bricks and then add the mossy up from the bottom as if vines were growing there.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Or pulse when an item travels through the pipe that the sensor itself is on, like you can do with BC Gates. :)
Yes I agree, but I really don't understand why BC gates can't detect if there is (insert number here) of an item in a chest. It can only do one.

Also, with the Thermal Dynamics Sensors, Basic autocrafting would be fairly easy, because you can tell some retrievers to pull out some items only if they are present in the chests upstairs.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
If you use warp itemducts the items will get transfered instantly you won't have to worry about it they will jump through the pipe whenever you GIVE a redstone signal to a servo.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
One of the things he should learn is breaking up the uniformity of the cubes with a contrast feature. In his thaumcraft building he made a band of contrasting blocks; He should have done the same for the BM tower halfway up.

His greenhouse is just a mess. the main blocks should have been normal bricks and then add the mossy up from the bottom as if vines were growing there.
But what if his room was just overgrown with moss everywhere? I like his botania room. But I HATE how he didn't finish the roof on his BM tower. I don't know why he doesn't like roofs.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I suspect because he knew A) he was going to move, and B) because he realized the tower wasn't big enough for the T6 Altar.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Using logistics pipes there IS a way to connect thermal dynamics ducts to buildcraft pipes. Just use their Unrouted transport pipes which connect to both ducts and BC pipes.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
But the roof would look really cool. But I don't like the blocks he used much. The thing I don't like about the Fantasy blocks is that they are purple, which doesn't look too good.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they added rockets to EnderIO (powered by the Rocket Fuel). If there is Rocket fuel, why not Rockets?

Basic Rockets , you plop them down they look space-cool. Then you would place a special destination block where you want your rocket to go, which can be up to 1024 blocks away. Select that "destination block" on a GUI on the rocket and then shift right click to enter the rocket. Now once you are inside press the space bar and you will Blast at that block at 20 blocks per second (sprinting is 5 blocks per second, creative flight is 10).

The drill upgrade lets your rocket go through blocks. The speed upgrade increases the speed to 50 blocks per second.

The Advanced rocket is bigger. It is basically a controllable rocket. It travels at a speed you can set either to 15 or 30 blocks per second. There is no block to select, just hop in and control your rocket to its destination. Press shift to land.

If and only if you have galacticraft installed, the advanced rocket WILL be able to act as a tier 2 rocket to get to Mars.

The Ionic rocket is powered by Redstone Flux and travels at 15 blocks per second.

Nuclear rocket goes 40 blocks per second and runs on Yellorium.

By default, if you ascend 1,200 blocks and have 16 ender pearls in your inventory, you will go to the ender world.

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
I call the "End" by its real name: the Ender World.

I don't know why the others call it the End. because End sounds nothing like Enderman.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect because he knew A) he was going to move, and B) because he realized the tower wasn't big enough for the T6 Altar.

Tapering the tower would be a good start. Its more of a nondescript cylinder at the moment.

I am also amused that he goes to great effort to trash-bin the cobble he makes at the quarries, and then creates a cobble-gen in his base to supply his cobbleworks. And, as a thaumcraft user all that armor he has in his ME system that he hasn't melted down into Lucrum etc. Argh (At least up to ep ~80).

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Why does Azzanine always HAVE to say "Set from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk?"
It's a silly automatic message that the mobile forum ap Tapatalk adds to your post. I'm using the forum to kill time on my 2 hour commute to work.
It's probably a feature to let other readers know not to lynch them for any grammar errors or spelling mistakes caused by its predictive text feature.

I can however turn it off if folks find it obnoxious. Even I question it's usefulness.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I just had the misfortune of seeing ep82 where Direwolf20 builds a big reactor. How can anyone be so utterly wrong about how a mod works? He used gold as I don't know what. A moderator. But mostly air for coolant. He doesn't want it to run hot so it creates more steam. Argh.