Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
It'll come eventually. But why not just take the eggs and hatch them at the site where you want the chickens in the first place?

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is the furnace generater worth making the heated one that make more power over time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had problem with pneumaticraft?

I have a kinetic generator outputting to a tube then a pressure gauge. With sfm i make it stop at 3 bar. I see the gauge is at 3 and the emitter stopping the kinetic from running is on... I walk away (20 blocks or so) and boom it exploded...

Wtf?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Someone managed to break hardcore mode on a server.

He went into the nether, and fell off the portal platform... and somehow died about 11 times before we (the other players) teleported him back to one of us with a command. Now the server seems to be set to HQM mode, instead of vanilla hardcore mode - if you die you lose a life, and respawn at your bed instead of Syncing. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Reactions: madnewmy

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had problem with pneumaticraft?

I have a kinetic generator outputting to a tube then a pressure gauge. With sfm i make it stop at 3 bar. I see the gauge is at 3 and the emitter stopping the kinetic from running is on... I walk away (20 blocks or so) and boom it exploded...

Wtf?

Obvious question first, is your base chunkloaded and are all of the components that went boom in the same chunk? And is there anyway anything turned the system back on after you left? (autocrafting task, stray redstone signal...)

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Is the furnace generater worth making the heated one that make more power over time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, that's reverse. Every successive type of coal generators (survivalist, furnace, heated furnace) produces more per tick but less per fuel unit. The most efficient option is a wall of survivalist generators running on coal blocks.

Reactions: immibis

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's reverse. Every successive type of coal generators (survivalist, furnace, heated furnace) produces more per tick but less per fuel unit. The most efficient option is a wall of survivalist generators running on coal blocks.
@Iskandar rolls over in his sick bed every time he hears someone speaking about walls of survivalist generators.

*crosses fingers hoping for a nerf hammer*

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar rolls over in his sick bed every time he hears someone speaking about walls of survivalist generators.

*crosses fingers hoping for a nerf hammer*

When you base your mod pack on XU, silliness is bound to result. XU is not a mod of things that have been considered for balance or theme. It is, by name (and the Authors own admission), a collection of somewhat random, "useful" things.

Reactions: immibis

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, but Iskandar has nerfed the vast majority of the generators to move them down the tech tree considerably. The survivalist generator was left at a very low tech level for ease of powering cells. That said the intention was not to have people powering large constructions off massed survivalist generators. I for instance would see crafting the survival generator being pushed back behind pnuematicraft, with early power being provided by one or two awarded via the quest book. The goal is to force you to develop along the tech tree not mass produce "caveman" tech.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I see this modpack as being about learning new ways to use mods, or just using parts of mods that never get used (I'm looking at you TiC Mattock). If that means a wall of the generator that probably no one ever bothered with before then I don't see that as a bad thing. It is the job of players to break everything put in front of them, whether they mean to or not. I am enjoying learning the amazing ways that Steve's Factory Manager is awesome...and how insanely powerful it is. If the nerfs come so be it, and we'll learn new ways to break everything. :D

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Yeah, but Iskandar has nerfed the vast majority of the generators to move them down the tech tree considerably. The survivalist generator was left at a very low tech level for ease of powering cells. That said the intention was not to have people powering large constructions off massed survivalist generators. I for instance would see crafting the survival generator being pushed back behind pnuematicraft, with early power being provided by one or two awarded via the quest book. The goal is to force you to develop along the tech tree not mass produce "caveman" tech.

There's a good idea, but lets run with it a little.

A repeatable quest, on a long cool down, that lets you get certain early game items crafted by the ship, with a long cool down. Or a quest that gives you an item that is otherwise impossible to obtain, that is used as a core part in a class of items. Mostly for these survival boost items that get a bit insane if you have too many of them.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
There's a good idea, but lets run with it a little.

A repeatable quest, on a long cool down, that lets you get certain early game items crafted by the ship, with a long cool down. Or a quest that gives you an item that is otherwise impossible to obtain, that is used as a core part in a class of items. Mostly for these survival boost items that get a bit insane if you have too many of them.
Well, there are already rewards like that, though not repeatable. The machine frame that's offered for killing mobs is the first example that comes to mind. That machine frame is key to early automation pre pnuematicraft...... not sure something like that should ever become repeatable though.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get why servos are made with seared bricks...it would be OK if there was actually a way to craft seared bricks :mad:
Why not a PneumaticCraft recipe for pneumatic servos?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get why servos are made with seared bricks...it would be OK if there was actually a way to craft seared bricks :mad:
Why not a PneumaticCraft recipe for pneumatic servos?
Actually, for now at least you can make seared bricks. you can melt stones in the crucible. Note those are the shifting yield stones, not the blocks. My understanding is that will get nerfed in the next update.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Actually, for now at least you can make seared bricks. you can melt stones in the crucible. Note those are the shifting yield stones, not the blocks. My understanding is that will get nerfed in the next update.
you can make them with an ingot cast with smelter cobble in the smeltery

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I hate iguana tweaks sometimes. I had 9 cobalt and ardite, so I decided to make a manyullyn sword. Messed around with my trench so I could level it up easily, and I got reinforced (useless since I used cactus, going to use up the durability and then flux it), smite (meh), knockback (I dislike knockback on a weapon, because all it does is put ranged enemies at range again), 2 X Life Steal (okay, I guess) and 2 X fiery (oh god, why do you hate me RNG?) Given that I'm not going to be hunting Enderman with it, fiery wouldn't be too bad except for, you know, fighting blazes which are all over in reactor buildings.

I even looked in the configs back when I was playing AS to see if there was a way to make fiery not show up randomly, but no such luck. Guess I get to try again.

Incidentally, what do people suggest for the guard on weapons? Normally I do paper guard, thamium tool rod ,but neither of those is possible in CL (and given that weapons weren't particularly useful in AS, I just kind of tossed together whatever until I had a Sharpness 5 bound sword...maybe I should make a flux-infused sword....hmm....)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
you can make them with an ingot cast with smelter cobble in the smeltery
I think you mean high oven, yes, though I understood the OP to need something earlier in the game. Once you have a high oven you can proccess large volumes of cobble into seared stone. My understanding is that, unlike the crucible funcionality, will be staying.