Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to break your bubble but thats disabled in 1.1.2
To make seared breaks, you have to setup your high oven and smelt cobble there.
That's good to know
But I still don't get why bricks for servos ...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I hate iguana tweaks sometimes. I had 9 cobalt and ardite, so I decided to make a manyullyn sword. Messed around with my trench so I could level it up easily, and I got reinforced (useless since I used cactus, going to use up the durability and then flux it), smite (meh), knockback (I dislike knockback on a weapon, because all it does is put ranged enemies at range again), 2 X Life Steal (okay, I guess) and 2 X fiery (oh god, why do you hate me RNG?) Given that I'm not going to be hunting Enderman with it, fiery wouldn't be too bad except for, you know, fighting blazes which are all over in reactor buildings.

I even looked in the configs back when I was playing AS to see if there was a way to make fiery not show up randomly, but no such luck. Guess I get to try again.

Incidentally, what do people suggest for the guard on weapons? Normally I do paper guard, thamium tool rod ,but neither of those is possible in CL (and given that weapons weren't particularly useful in AS, I just kind of tossed together whatever until I had a Sharpness 5 bound sword...maybe I should make a flux-infused sword....hmm....)
I kind of like pig iron guards, and I wouldn't call reinforced incompatible with jagged. Jagged is all about keeping a weapon in a "butter" zone hovering between nearly broken and actually broken.

A little grinding can readily get even the heaviest reinforced weapons durability down. Reinforced then helps improve the weapons survivability during regular use.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I hate iguana tweaks sometimes. I had 9 cobalt and ardite, so I decided to make a manyullyn sword. Messed around with my trench so I could level it up easily, and I got reinforced (useless since I used cactus, going to use up the durability and then flux it), smite (meh), knockback (I dislike knockback on a weapon, because all it does is put ranged enemies at range again), 2 X Life Steal (okay, I guess) and 2 X fiery (oh god, why do you hate me RNG?) Given that I'm not going to be hunting Enderman with it, fiery wouldn't be too bad except for, you know, fighting blazes which are all over in reactor buildings.

I even looked in the configs back when I was playing AS to see if there was a way to make fiery not show up randomly, but no such luck. Guess I get to try again.

Incidentally, what do people suggest for the guard on weapons? Normally I do paper guard, thamium tool rod ,but neither of those is possible in CL (and given that weapons weren't particularly useful in AS, I just kind of tossed together whatever until I had a Sharpness 5 bound sword...maybe I should make a flux-infused sword....hmm....)
In the config, there is a list of modifier that can be applied randomly, go look it up
*kofkof*purplementat*kofkof*
Yeah, but Iskandar has nerfed the vast majority of the generators to move them down the tech tree considerably. The survivalist generator was left at a very low tech level for ease of powering cells. That said the intention was not to have people powering large constructions off massed survivalist generators. I for instance would see crafting the survival generator being pushed back behind pnuematicraft, with early power being provided by one or two awarded via the quest book. The goal is to force you to develop along the tech tree not mass produce "caveman" tech.
I would agree for hard mode player, but not for easy mode ones... How do you want to get another life without powa?
Obvious question first, is your base chunkloaded and are all of the components that went boom in the same chunk? And is there anyway anything turned the system back on after you left? (autocrafting task, stray redstone signal...)
Nothing is messing with redstone, no chunkloading but i moved litterally 1-2 chunks away

For now, solution is to use a cell behind it and turn it off too, works loke a charm :3

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I would agree for hard mode player, but not for easy mode ones... How do you want to get another life without powa?
AS I tend to be a dedicated hard mode player, the easy mode lack of power really isn't my issue

(JK)

I believe I did mention the idea that a limited number be awarded as quest rewards. That would provide enough power to charge cells while discouraging players from building walls of survivalist generators as a major power component of later game bases.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. Someone apparently forgot to inform my client of that update :p
Seriously, seared stone over cobble in the smeltery works fine in 1.1.2 (although the high oven is admitedly a better option). As I understand it, Iskander is fine with both methods, he's just getting rid of the 'small stone in crucible' method. The rationale being, once you actually go to the city and loot what you need for a basic smeltery, it's fine to use that to expand on it, as long as we remove the ability (with the crucible) to bypass the city altogether.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
You mean the autonomous activator? Well, why not do it like in AgS and change its recipe rather than the servo's?
No I mean the terrain smasher, the AA is gated behind a machine block/pnuematicraft

Because the servo is an important part of early automation and there is no reason you should have access to it the moment you step off the ship. I do admit I'll miss the ability to make them using the crucible method, but to compensate there are a couple of them available as a quest reward which will allow you some basic builds until you get to the city.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of like pig iron guards, and I wouldn't call reinforced incompatible with jagged. Jagged is all about keeping a weapon in a "butter" zone hovering between nearly broken and actually broken.

A little grinding can readily get even the heaviest reinforced weapons durability down. Reinforced then helps improve the weapons survivability during regular use.
I was thinking Pig Iron, but I've never actually made Pig Iron before, and I was hesitant to risk the emeralds...and the blood. :)

As to the reinforced, you missed the fact that I'm intending to flux it, so the extra durability is just more I have to wear off. On ghe rare occasion I do jagged, I usually get the weapon down to 1 durability and then energy cell it, so it's permanently max jagged bonus.

As for the configs containing the list of options for random mods, I looked at the configs previously (on my second AS playthrough) but I must have missed it. Will look again.

Mr_Turing

Jul 29, 2019

That's why I tend to make tools out of flint, netherack etc and level them up BEFORE committing expensive materials to them.

Reactions: Raveb

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
In the config, there is a list of modifier that can be applied randomly, go look it up

*kofkof*purplementat*kofkof*

Nothing is messing with redstone, no chunkloading but i moved litterally 1-2 chunks away

For now, solution is to use a cell behind it and turn it off too, works loke a charm :3

Hmm...maybe the internal buffer on the conduit kept pushing energy in, but with the cell connected directly and off it actually did stop the power flow? Whatever the cause, glad you got the setup working correctly!

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. Someone apparently forgot to inform my client of that update :p
Seriously, seared stone over cobble in the smeltery works fine in 1.1.2 (although the high oven is admitedly a better option). As I understand it, Iskander is fine with both methods, he's just getting rid of the 'small stone in crucible' method. The rationale being, once you actually go to the city and loot what you need for a basic smeltery, it's fine to use that to expand on it, as long as we remove the ability (with the crucible) to bypass the city altogether.

I'm pretty sure you need a liquid in the smeltery already to make seared stone much like blood

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure you need a liquid in the smeltery already to make seared stone much like blood

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Just chuck a seared bricks stone block from the city in the smeltery, one block of that will give you two seared cobblestone when poured over regular cobblestone iirc

Then melt down the two seared cobblestone to give you four cobblestone, keep going until you have as much as you need.

However one seared cobblestone when used with an ingot cast will only give you one brick :(

I play on 1.1.2 and this works a treat

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Where in the city are seared bricks? Do I have to kill gajillion mobs and open gajillion chests to get it?

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
You find them in one of the buildings. There are a couple with single layer smelteries which you need to get you started.

Pretty sure I found some others making up some other structure too

Last edited:
Reactions: Tylor

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
GANGAEHASJDHAKWUDJ

world crashed and deleted the level.dat file D: 2nd time now D: was litterally going to do AE and big reactors D:

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a Pneumaticcraft setup for his. I've never used it, and still need a laser from the cities (got the table and mover arms).

So with the Autonomous Activator, and Openblocks Blockplacer triggered by a redstone pulser (from openblocks as well), I feed cobble from cobblegen into hopper on top of the Blockplacer, and the AA has 9 stone hammers in it, pointed at the cobblestone the Blockplacer places (set AA to left click, roundrobin). Use Pneumatic Hopper pointed at the cobblestone, and that's an easy way to get gravel. That can be directly fed into the input chest from VSWEs SFM setup, with gravel added to the whitelist along with dust. Place a Packager next to the output chest to auto-block your ores (from dw20/pahimar series).

Don't know if this is commonly known, I did see mention of something like it in the 250 page Crash Landing thread, but can't read all that in one go, lol. Just figured all that out last night. Pretty nifty, tho it seems slow, the ores will come quickly!

Don't forget to route some of that cobblestone to crucibles to make lava to fuel smeltery to double ores.

Reactions: Tylor

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I tend to make tools out of flint, netherack etc and level them up BEFORE committing expensive materials to them.
I do to, but my understanding was that weapons don't properly update their damage when replacing the blade, hence why I made it directly out of manyullyn.