Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Someone write a mod that changes villagers so they breed when near two colors of wool blocks at the same time!

Last edited:
Reactions: immibis

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
single water source block (covered with planks so I can walk over it), squid farm under the ship. sifter with autonomous activator to the left (with some chickens inside to use the hopper to grab eggs too) cobble gen to the right, and as much farm as you are willing to dig for coming toward you, the farm steps down 1 block every 8 blocks. Have not used aqueous accumulators apart from the quest. Other than the quest I have not used any redstone energy at all so far. In fact the aqueous accumulators are a bit of a waste of space TBH, I'd swap them both for a pulverizer or a couple of machine frames in a heartbeat.
Transfer node cobble gen feels very cheaty...

detail of how to tier your farm:

next project: hang glider tower from stacking jungle trees. Or maybe bash some gravel for a diamond for a chandelier for the spaceship so I can feel more comfortable turning the special mobs back on.

Is there any way to undo fire aspect level up on items? Nothing worse than setting fire to yourself via a mob, or levelling up a tool then making it useless for endermen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICountFrom0

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I'm somewhere between first and second page of quests. How can I get water/cooling more effectively than shearing-fermenting-dirt water-furnace?

RollDawg

Jul 29, 2019
I'm somewhere between first and second page of quests. How can I get water/cooling more effectively than shearing-fermenting-dirt water-furnace?

Get crucible up and running (on top of netherrack fire, lava or pyrotheum), shear leaves, put sheared leaves on crucible, get water. A+ method and easy to automate.

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Get crucible up and running (on top of netherrack fire, lava or pyrotheum), shear leaves, put sheared leaves on crucible, get water. A+ method and easy to automate.
That's less efficient, 10 leaf blocks per bottle instead of 8.

There are no ways to get water more efficiently. Late game you can start building a lot of aqueous accumulators for free water, but other than that, it's just more efficient shearing (silk touch sickles and scythes, MFR automation), crafting (SFM autocrafting) and furnace (automate with itemducts and SFM).

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get/obtain beans and lettuce?
sift dirt, lots of dirt, get grass seeds. lay out a square of dirt, mine is 5x5. plant grass seeds in middle, let it grow and all turn green.
right click with mattock in a checkerboard pattern - leaving every second square green so it grows back really fast.
about 1 out of 4 times you will get a seed from hoeing the grass. I got a lettuce seed eventually. I havent seen any beans yet.
I put my grass in the far corner, but should have out it right outside the ship door because you wont ever be getting any cows/pigs/horses etc appear.

for more water - I farm/compost potatoes and walk the mob trench every morning after sniping from the top of the wall with my millions of arrows. I have a pair of jabba barrels for throwing arrows and bones in, maybe one day I will find a use...
I hope Bonemeal and bones ware adjusted in the next version, there is no need for so much bonemeal after your first few days.
Looking forward to getting a harvester running so I can just pipe the leaves into a crucible.

Last edited:

RollDawg

Jul 29, 2019
That's less efficient, 10 leaf blocks per bottle instead of 8.

There are no ways to get water more efficiently. Late game you can start building a lot of aqueous accumulators for free water, but other than that, it's just more efficient shearing (silk touch sickles and scythes, MFR automation), crafting (SFM autocrafting) and furnace (automate with itemducts and SFM).

When you play solo and dont have an automated wood farm going for you, I'd rather waste iron than fuel. And iron is easy to comeby. You can automate dust sieving early on to get iron as oppose to manually chopping wood all the time. It saves you a heck a lot of time. Thats just my 2 cents.[DOUBLEPOST=1409830034][/DOUBLEPOST]
sift dirt, lots of dirt, get grass seeds. lay out a square of dirt, mine is 5x5. plant grass seeds in middle, let it grow and all turn green.
right click with mattock in a checkerboard pattern - leaving every second square green so it grows back really fast.
about 1 out of 4 times you will get a seed from hoeing the grass. I got a lettuce seed eventually. I havent seen any beans yet.
I put my grass in the far corner, but should have out it right outside the ship door because you wont ever be getting any cows/pigs/horses etc appear.

Time for some automation then. :D

**Edit

Automated it on a test world, still no lettuce no seeds.
Did it manually too.

Heres my setup:
http://i.imgur.com/yZyajg2.png
http://i.imgur.com/mEmyTGx.png

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
That's still 10 leaf block per bucket

RollDawg

Jul 29, 2019
That's still 10 leaf block per bucket

But it saves you time. I wouldnt want to spend my day cutting trees for fuel for cooking dirty water. And since theres free pyrotheum lying around, why not use it. I also wouldnt want to waste dirt. Dirt can be used for tree farm expansion or for food planting and the such. In my case, i saved it all up for my mfr tree farm. Needed heaps as i used a gold upgrade for it, thats about 15x15? Dirt can also be used to get more seeds by sieving it. Dirt is precious early game in this map.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
If you want water like a baws:

Have a setup like:
................Barrel
Drum-AA-SFM-Furnace
................Barrel

And chest on top of sfm

Input bottle and dirt - craft dirty bottle - output in barrel
Input dirty bottle - output furnace
Input furnace water bottle - output other barrel
Input barrel water bottle - output AA
Input empty bottle from AA into chest

Give it 4 stacks of dirt and enough fuel in the furnace and you will have a drum full of water

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
How do I automate cobble generation? With magma crucible? Looks like it requires pneumaticraft, and that's hell lot of iron.[DOUBLEPOST=1409831355][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you want water like a baws:

Have a setup like:
Barrel
Drum-AA-SFM-Furnace
Barrel

And chest on top of sfm

Input bottle and dirt - craft dirty bottle - output in barrel
Input dirty bottle - output furnace
Input furnace water bottle - output other barrel
Input barrel water bottle - output AA
Input empty bottle from AA into chest

Give it 4 stacks of dirt and enough fuel in the furnace and you will have a drum full of water

What is SFM and how do I get 4 stacks of dirt like a baws?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
looking from the side:

barrel, itemtransfer node with interaction upgrade
lava, cobble, water
Dont nees upgrade in 1.6.4
How do I automate cobble generation? With magma crucible? Looks like it requires pneumaticraft, and that's hell lot of iron.[DOUBLEPOST=1409831355][/DOUBLEPOST]

What is SFM and how do I get 4 stacks of dirt like a baws?
Steve factory manager (in this case, the controller block)

Shear leaves, have a setup with 2 jabba and any amount of wooden barrel thingy doodler, import from leaves barrel into the ex nihilo barrel then import dirt into the other barrel. Make big if you want xd

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
When you play solo and dont have an automated wood farm going for you, I'd rather waste iron than fuel. And iron is easy to comeby. You can automate dust sieving early on to get iron as oppose to manually chopping wood all the time. It saves you a heck a lot of time. Thats just my 2 cents.[DOUBLEPOST=1409830034][/DOUBLEPOST]

Time for some automation then. :D

**Edit

Automated it on a test world, still no lettuce no seeds.
Did it manually too.

Heres my setup:
http://i.imgur.com/yZyajg2.png
http://i.imgur.com/mEmyTGx.png
no no no
just the grass. as in green dirt. no bonemeal.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
So since we're talking about it, I thought I'd share my current water and ore setup. I do not claim it to be perfect, and half of it is still manual...and derpy. I'm also using this setup as a way to learn how to program SFM systems. I'll probably be taking it down and rebuilding when I can tear myself away from city raiding.

d39554d2-7c7a-4e12-a80c-ac15d28d7e2b_zpsfa078d27.png

Pretty basic mob spawner power generation. The nice thing about this is how modular it is, I have three dynamos running now and am still getting a surplus of gunpowder and essence. Once I cap out I can just put up another trap. I will be converting this to a cursed earth spawner at some point. That being said, how does one spawn the wither here? I can't seem to figure out how to get wither skulls. (And yes that's a zombie head on a pole. I thought putting the heads of the fallen up around my base would scare the others off, but it didn't work...now I just kind of like the look.)

8a38f6ac-aade-453e-885b-6246e0d6dc1d_zps799960fa.png

That leads to my backup batteries and TE machines. No automation here yet. This is a section that will be revamped in a big way, especially since my next project is expanding my sifting system.

b847dd0b-916e-4dce-be6f-167051dfb280_zpsa5ceb47a.png

Following that we have my auto-sifter, and yes this is a straight copy of the setup from VSWE's video. It is awesome. This thing tears through stacks of material in no time and seems to be a LOT less laggy then an AA and water flow setup. I have added on to the system a bit and it also autopackages my ore output into block form, and the same factory manager controls my water production. You can see part of it in the back. When I need water I swap my camel pack for the one on the armor stand and that pack gets filled with water bottles that are kept filled by the FTs. The water drum is there as backup. This system is fed by...

2e56da97-31b4-44f7-ac77-afbf9f3cb821_zps722cbcbd.png

My tree farm on the overhead platform. The AA is fed bonemeal from the sifter and saplings directly from the FT down below through the SFM system and the harvester shears the leaves and puts the wood and leaves in the barrels below. The SFM system then pulls leaves from the barrel and puts them in the FT. I get so many leaves I dont have to leave the system running all the time, and I get enough saplings from the transposers that I haven't needed to switch the harvester off of shear mode yet. When I need rubber I just swap in the rubber saplings and reset the harvester to not shear leaves. This will get expanded in the future with more lines of production, but for now its working like a champ. And who cares if it isn't as efficient at making water as composting dirt. I have a barrel full of leaves, I'm not short on materials.

8248bd93-7ae7-4bbb-bd50-5369b11fa6fb_zpsec0fe7fb.png

Finally, there's this mess. I'm not proud of this...but it works and is functionally the least pressing matter that needs updating for me right now. The transfer node cobble gen feeds into a barrel and into a crucible, which is heated by pyrothium (thus the covers on the ground). The crucible feeds into a stone barrel obsidian gen, another stone barrel for manual netherrack and endstone generation and finally into the smeltery. The high oven also feeds into the smeltery, which feeds into a casting table. That part DOES need a lot of work since I need to be careful what metals I smelt at the same time to avoid unintentional alloys.

I plan to see how far I can push SFM and myself in getting this all as automated as possible. If I ever get an AE network up and running things will get really fun! :)

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
So, can Steve's Factory Manager break blocks? Or I need something else for cobblegen?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
If you like the hands off method, I suppose you could make a catcus farm. SFM has a set-up or old fashion farm with conveyor belts in place of water works as well too. Still need to craft the cactus to bottle though - unless Steve can do that? No idea and would like to know from some genius that plays with that thing.[DOUBLEPOST=1409850739][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, can Steve's Factory Manager break blocks? Or I need something else for cobblegen?
Think it was self sufficient in the video.

Reactions: Tylor

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
. That being said, how does one spawn the wither here? I can't seem to figure out how to get wither skulls.
When Skeletons come in contact with Witch Water, they turn into Wither Skeletons. Spiders turn into poison spiders and Creepers get charged.