Best mining method?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
...What edition of MFR has that magic device? I'm using the latest version(in SSP mind you) and can't find it. I could just be blind, though, or have no clue what it's actually called(and thus can't find it, and I can tell you for sure, I have no idea what it's called).

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
...What edition of MFR has that magic device? I'm using the latest version(in SSP mind you) and can't find it. I could just be blind, though, or have no clue what it's actually called(and thus can't find it, and I can tell you for sure, I have no idea what it's called).
Laser Drill Precharger and Laser Drill. 75k MJ per ore.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Found out that it's in a beta build thanks to the handy people in the FTB chat, so I'm about to try this bad boy out now.
Good luck! Try not to, y'know, die. Or anything. And apparently if you place it higher (or lower), you get an energy usage discount.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I set this sucker up and get the ores running? Because I'm a bit confused. I realized that it has four faces which seem to need laser preloaders early on, but now I can't figure out how to get it to actually work, even with four laser preloaders and four redstone energy cells.
I guess I'm not supposed to actually put a chest on top of it, but honestly, other then that I have no idea.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Does the laser thing have a line of sight to bedrock?
Yup. Mind you, I was testing this on a flat map, so I'm going to try again on a actual map.
I had tried from three different heights, but no dice. Unless it's really slow and uses the idle bar even if it's working, or maybe a bit of both, I must have been doing something wrong.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Mind you, I was testing this on a flat map, so I'm going to try again on a actual map.
I had tried from three different heights, but no dice. Unless it's really slow and uses the idle bar even if it's working, or maybe a bit of both, I must have been doing something wrong.
I think it needs a frakton of energy as well. IDK what's wrong, actually.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it'll work better in 1.5.2 since I'm building Bullshit With a Vengeance currently. Maybe not, who knows? It could just be that it's REALLY FUCKING SLOW but somehow I doubt that.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it'll work better in 1.5.2 since I'm building Bullshit With a Vengeance currently. Maybe not, who knows? It could just be that it's REALLY FUCKING SLOW but somehow I doubt that.
If in doubt, MORE POWER IS REQUIRED.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
The bloody thing had four fully charged energy cubes set to output 100 EU/t and it just idled.
Like I said, MORE POWER IS REQUIRED. If that doesn't work... may the Goddess help you.
Just slap 5 RECs set to max output on every Precharger. If that doesn't work, IDK.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
If it is not draining the RECs there might be something wrong with your setup.

Post of a screenshot of your setup. My setup is a few pages back if you need a look.

It had a chest on top of the drill.

BrandonBP

Jul 29, 2019
Best mining method? I like to take Chuck Norris with me and just let him roundhouse kick everything.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Best mining method? I like to take Chuck Norris with me and just let him roundhouse kick everything.
I think you mean Urdnot Wrex headbutting everything.
Mass Effect characters >>>>>>>> Chuck Norris.

Sent from my phone using black magic