Best mining method?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yep, signalum and lumium. I wouldnt say my tweaks make the game much harder, just more fun. Machine frames all require some sort of metal block now, and those can only be crafted with molten metal so that makes things harder in the early game. Recently I added a new layer of complication. Mariculture has a block called a Blacksmith's anvil which you place items on and hit a certain number of times with a hammer to turn it into something else. I think thats really cool so I tweaked all the Ticon metal plate recipes to require a metal block on the anvil. And later I will spread the plates around so you need them for more than just tools.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of difficulty so much as more involved crafting and so on - that sounds really REALLY cool! The comparison with BNB was more to do with the level of thought and interconnectivity that's gone into it - I hold @Eyamaz in extremely high esteem in that regard, and I think you're operating at a similar level :D

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I wasn't thinking of difficulty so much as more involved crafting and so on - that sounds really REALLY cool! The comparison with BNB was more to do with the level of thought and interconnectivity that's gone into it - I hold @Eyamaz in extremely high esteem in that regard, and I think you're operating at a similar level :D

Well thank you very much. :D

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, everybody disregards the arcane bore as a serious mining tool. Even though it has silk touch automining cabilities. Something that no other miner can do.

Sent from my phone using black magic
No others except ExU and Quarry+ you mean? :p

hungrybeast

Jul 29, 2019
Get some Frames,some Mining Wells and build an air Platform...Search it on the Web for better Details.
Something like on the Picture.

Attachments

• 2015-03-23_20.02.18.png
    2015-03-23_20.02.18.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 62

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
There is a draconic pick (from draconic evolution) that completely destroys stone and leaves ingots behinds. I imagine some potions and a beacon and other buffs like armor that makes you run fast and in an hour you would have consumed several hundred chunks in no time.

Then all you have to do is get a fortune pick and literally pick out what ores you want like your going shopping.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Villagers are known to be an AoE multiplier to both the yield and efficiency of mining operations, so I suggest centering your mining activities on a village.

This goes double if you are using TNT.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Villagers are known to be an AoE multiplier to both the yield and efficiency of mining operations, so I suggest centering your mining activities on a village.

This goes double if you are using TNT.
YESIR!
JY9lXGT.png

Discovered this after I noticed that my ME network was filled with what looked surprisingly like a village :p Had not spotted it when I placed the markers for the QuarryPlus.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The fact that the thread was necro'd has been raised (pun fully intended :D) - I was even going to use an MtG card myself!

But, there has actually been some interesting conversation since the resurrection, because the mining technologies have moved on so much since then - so I would posit that the thread as it stands right now has regained relevance.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
lol no argument here, some of it is interesting. I think someone linked a thread where someone had used spatial io transporters to mine. I found it fascinating.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
lol no argument here, some of it is interesting. I think someone linked a thread where someone had used spatial io transporters to mine. I found it fascinating.
Ah OK! That does sound interesting! :D

And lets be honest, it was long overdue that SOMEONE did a "Thread Necro" card! I really thought I had...

EDIT - I even have the picture! Weird...