Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure, as I honestly don't know what TPPI is.

Test Pack Please Ignore. Its Reddit's mod pack, and is kind of like a mash up between Resonant Rise and Unleashed. As for speed granting items, I can't think of any beyond the usual suspects - potions, ars spells, beacons, haste boots, and boots of the traveller. I didn't have any of those active at the time, though.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Test Pack Please Ignore. Its Reddit's mod pack, and is kind of like a mash up between Resonant Rise and Unleashed. As for speed granting items, I can't think of any beyond the usual suspects - potions, ars spells, beacons, haste boots, and boots of the traveller. I didn't have any of those active at the time, though.

Ah, I got it now.

I'd also like to mention that I was in a test world when I saw this, with only Big Reactors, Mekanism, Bibliocraft, Thaumcraft, Thermal Expansion, and Blood Magic items / blocks in game, with none outside of the sigil being able to grant haste. Network has about 10k LP in it as well.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where/if it'd fit into your writeup. But an alternate way to gather materials for your blood armor would be killing the skellies and zombies that spawn armored and collecting the drops.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Not sure where/if it'd fit into your writeup. But an alternate way to gather materials for your blood armor would be killing the skellies and zombies that spawn armored and collecting the drops.

Do you mean that they spawn with the armor? Because I've never seen that happen.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean that they spawn with the armor? Because I've never seen that happen.

Yup, I've killed probably half a dozen zombies and skellies in the overworld while they were wearing full blood armor. On top of that, twice they've dropped armor pieces that I then unbound.

One was a pair of legs with the air sigil and a master orb, the second was boots with lava this time and another master orb.

Edit: Monster 1.0.5 and Monster 1.0.9, seen it in both.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I've killed probably half a dozen zombies and skellies in the overworld while they were wearing full blood armor. On top of that, twice they've dropped armor pieces that I then unbound.

One was a pair of legs with the air sigil and a master orb, the second was boots with lava this time and another master orb.

Edit: Monster 1.0.5 and Monster 1.0.9, seen it in both.
... Dartcraft? I know I don't add that. I get it if a random mod adds all armours, but if a mod takes the time to add orbs and sigils...

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, Not using it. Running straight Monster modpack. And I was pleasantly surprised, free filled sockets and goodies. Does Rogue Like Dungeons modify gear on mobs?

Edit: Thinking about it, I'll check when I get home but I think that the armor with filled slots that I looted from those mobs had the same build as the armor I was wearing. Something perhaps duplicating the gear worn by players?

Last edited:
Reactions: JustHeyo

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Edit: Thinking about it, I'll check when I get home but I think that the armor with filled slots that I looted from those mobs had the same build as the armor I was wearing. Something perhaps duplicating the gear worn by players?

This happens. Sometimes mobs will spawn with the same exact armor you have on. I've seen it happen with MPS, quantum, and nano before.

Reactions: JustHeyo

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
This happens. Sometimes mobs will spawn with the same exact armor you have on. I've seen it happen with MPS, quantum, and nano before.
Haven't seen MPS yet, but, no one on my server has gotten into it juuust yet.

A zombie iron-man would definitely make me reconsider some life choices however, I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Hoff already explained this, It's Factorization that's doing it.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/skeleton-dressed-exactly-like-me.32421/#post-446397

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Finally got another update pushed. It's minor, but it details the creation of the T5 altar. Credit to @Esheon for the pictures. Again, I apologize for the lack of updates, I still haven't tracked down that memory leak I have.

Edit: Added a little bit on alchemy to the update. Next thing on my list is demon summoning.

Last edited:

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to pop in and thank Way from the bottom of my heart for the energy bazooka. Last night my server had the enderpocalypse event from the Hardcore Ender Expansion, and one-shotting hordes of endermen just never seemed to get old.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have just updated the main post, (HUGE thanks to @SawBlade for the information and testing on summoning!) and have gone through and completed a minor reformat on it. With this update, I am declaring the guide located here complete due to me running out of possible posting space, and only having a few things left. I will be updating this offline for some time, and when I feel like I have it setup properly I will release it as a PDF with a download link in at the start of my post. I'd like to thank everyone (especially WayofTime for creating this amazing mod!) who's stopped by since I first published this guide. Again, please post if I've made a mistake; I'd like to have this as correct as possible for everyone to use.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a "diff" of the changes?

It's very hard to re-read something that you've read before, looking for "what's new" hidden inside somewhere.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

It's very hard to re-read something that you've read before, looking for "what's new" hidden inside somewhere.
The fifth tier additions are at the bottom of the post. After all, it's in chronological order, and he added the fifth tier, which is the latest one.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Just like @MoosyDoosy said, I update this is chronological order.

The newest additions are the summoning mechanics and the tier five orb creation. The reformatting that occurred was done on the standard rituals and a few minor cuts of repetitive information in the introduction.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
First, thank you Padfoote for your efforts in writing this guide. I would not be where I am now in Blood Magic without it.

Speaking of where I am now, I'm at Bound Armour creation, and having some odd issues. It seems like only the first sigil in my 'set' is registering as active, while all other sigils remain off regardless. I have one weak blood shard per sigil in each individual piece, along with a master blood orb to make the sigils free while active in the armour. Despite this, while wearing my full set with air, water, lava, whirlwind, and haste... only the water sigil is showing an effect. I'm no faster and cannot step up blocks, I have no fire resist, not sure what whirlwind does in armour, and I'm not sure how air works to prevent fall damage. Any thoughts?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
First, thank you Padfoote for your efforts in writing this guide. I would not be where I am now in Blood Magic without it.

Speaking of where I am now, I'm at Bound Armour creation, and having some odd issues. It seems like only the first sigil in my 'set' is registering as active, while all other sigils remain off regardless. I have one weak blood shard per sigil in each individual piece, along with a master blood orb to make the sigils free while active in the armour. Despite this, while wearing my full set with air, water, lava, whirlwind, and haste... only the water sigil is showing an effect. I'm no faster and cannot step up blocks, I have no fire resist, not sure what whirlwind does in armour, and I'm not sure how air works to prevent fall damage. Any thoughts?

You don't have a strong enough shard. A weak shard can only "power" (guess that's the best way to put it?) a single sigil per piece of armor. Upgrade to a demon for more sigils to work.

Glad you like the guide. ;)

Edit: I think I may have read your post wrong; if so, just let me know and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Yeah, I completely misread that. Try putting on a single armor piece at a time and see what happens.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have a strong enough shard. A weak shard can only "power" (guess that's the best way to put it?) a single sigil per piece of armor. Upgrade to a demon for more sigils to work.

Glad you like the guide. ;)

Edit: I think I may have read your post wrong; if so, just let me know and I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Yeah, I completely misread that. Try putting on a single armor piece at a time and see what happens.
Hm, tried that in my initial tests, but my other sigils make it harder to test for. After attempting this again, I think I've found my problem. It looks like it isn't 'One Weak Blood shard per sigil', it's 'One weak blood shard for one sigil, per armour'. Meaning you can only have a single sigil in a single piece of armour regardless of how many weak blood shards you socket into it. An important distinction, as I now need to spend another hour or so right clicking an orb to get enough LP to unbind my armour again. xD Welp, lesson learned. I guess I need demon shards if I want 2 sigils per armour, even if I have open slots. Does seem odd to me though since we have so many open slots with which to play with, but nothing we can do with them under that limitation.

For that matter, did I miss something on adding LP to my network? Tier 5 altar, but right clicking an orb takes quite a while to get you anywhere meaningful, and at 25k per unbinding ritual, I really feel like I'm missing something important here!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hm, tried that in my initial tests, but my other sigils make it harder to test for. After attempting this again, I think I've found my problem. It looks like it isn't 'One Weak Blood shard per sigil', it's 'One weak blood shard for one sigil, per armour'. Meaning you can only have a single sigil in a single piece of armour regardless of how many weak blood shards you socket into it. An important distinction, as I now need to spend another hour or so right clicking an orb to get enough LP to unbind my armour again. xD Welp, lesson learned. I guess I need demon shards if I want 2 sigils per armour, even if I have open slots. Does seem odd to me though since we have so many open slots with which to play with, but nothing we can do with them under that limitation.

For that matter, did I miss something on adding LP to my network? Tier 5 altar, but right clicking an orb takes quite a while to get you anywhere meaningful, and at 25k per unbinding ritual, I really feel like I'm missing something important here!

It is one shard per armor piece, with the weak providing "power" for one sigil. The demon should increase this, although I can't remember to what. Second, right clicking with your orb at T5 is really outdated (As in, T1 outdated). I suggest looking into the Well of Suffering combined with some Sacrifice Runes, or the Ritual of the Feathered Knife + Ritual of Regeneration and some Runes of Self-Sacrifice.

Edit: Misread again... Fixed.