Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, I thought Suffering/Sacrifice only functioned on the Altar? Is there a way to move LP from the Altar to my orb network, then? Apologies if I'm dense, I clearly did miss something obvious here! I've already gotten the Altar itself to Tier 5 with nothing but capacity, speed, and sacrifice along with a mob grinder I designed and built above it, for what it's worth. 58k capacity and about 1.8k'ish LP per zombie sacrificed.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Wait, I thought Suffering/Sacrifice only functioned on the Altar? Is there a way to move LP from the Altar to my orb network, then?

Just toss a bound blood orb into the altar, it'll drain every drop of LP from the altar and transfer it directly to your network.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
*facepalms* Yup, I'm a moron. Thank you, that'll save me vast amounts of time to get this stuff back into useable shape!

Also, since you have a T5 altar, it helps to just make two Archmage Blood Orbs; toss one in a bag to have with you, and keep the other in your altar. That way your network is always maxed out, and should it stop producing for whatever reason you can go back to right clicking with the one on you in case of emergencies.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Also, since you have a T5 altar, it helps to just make two Archmage Blood Orbs; toss one in a bag to have with you, and keep the other in your altar. That way your network is always maxed out, and should it stop producing for whatever reason you can go back to right clicking with the one on you in case of emergencies.
Okay, so new question. Everything is amazing and working wonderfully and I'm very much enjoying myself but for one thing: is there a way to disable the speed zoom on Haste sigil, or any plans to remove it officially? 'cause as much as I'm loving this speed, it actually gives me a headache to stay in that mode for too long. x3

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Okay, so new question. Everything is amazing and working wonderfully and I'm very much enjoying myself but for one thing: is there a way to disable the speed zoom on Haste sigil, or any plans to remove it officially? 'cause as much as I'm loving this speed, it actually gives me a headache to stay in that mode for too long. x3

Is it on your armor, or just the Sigil? You can deactivate the Sigil with a right click, and the Armor Inhibitor will disable it on your armor.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
It's on my armour. While I know I can disable it with the Inhibitor, I'd like to keep the speed boost while just getting rid of that zoom it does while it's active.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It's on my armour. While I know I can disable it with the Inhibitor, I'd like to keep the speed boost while just getting rid of that zoom it does while it's active.

Odd, I could never get it to work on my armor. But I don't know about the zoom, fairly certain that's coded in. Something to ask @WayofTime about though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed that the thread is now stickied. Big thanks to everyone for liking this guide so much! And thanks to whoever stickied this!

PARTY TIME

lnxMJuX.gif

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that is because the speed boost is a potion effect and that is how Minecraft handles that. I know in the Monster pack there is a config called Numina made by powercrystals of MPS fame that has a config to turn off FOV changes due to speed boosts.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that is because the speed boost is a potion effect and that is how Minecraft handles that. I know in the Monster pack there is a config called Numina made by powercrystals of MPS fame that has a config to turn off FOV changes due to speed boosts.
Hm, worth looking into at least! Thanks for sharing, though for now I've simply removed the sigil and use it manually where applicable. Too used to my old Haste enchanted boots, but the full Bound Armour suit is worth the loss!

Edit: So I looked into this and it seems to be by MachineMuse rather than powercrystals, though still of MPS. Question is, is there any way I can use that config without needing the mod itself? Magic World 2 doesn't have much use for power suits and such, after all...

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hm, worth looking into at least! Thanks for sharing, though for now I've simply removed the sigil and use it manually where applicable. Too used to my old Haste enchanted boots, but the full Bound Armour suit is worth the loss!

Edit: So I looked into this and it seems to be by MachineMuse rather than powercrystals, though still of MPS. Question is, is there any way I can use that config without needing the mod itself? Magic World 2 doesn't have much use for power suits and such, after all...

Nope. Configs require their respective mods to be loaded in order to work.

Riven

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an IN-GAME book for Blood magic? how are you supposed to figure out all the stuff from tier 1 and up? Is there something like the thauminomicon? Or are just supposed to find everything out by trial and error? not sure I would ever have guessed at the recipe for the blood altar. Or are supposed to use the internet to look up the blood Magic capabilities?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there an IN-GAME book for Blood magic? how are you supposed to figure out all the stuff from tier 1 and up? Is there something like the thauminomicon? Or are just supposed to find everything out by trial and error? not sure I would ever have guessed at the recipe for the blood altar. Or are supposed to use the internet to look up the blood Magic capabilities?

There is not an in-game book to guide you through Blood Magic. The information is in Way's MCF post, so I'm assuming that's where you're supposed to get the information.

Reactions: Riven

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
There was a time, not so long ago, that there were ZERO in game books for mods. The MCF posts and forums such as there were the main sources of information. ;)

That being said, this thread is excellent!

Reactions: Padfoote and Riven

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
There is this guide. ;)