Beginner's Guide to Blood Magic

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Also a suggestion for the guide is a list of what the sigils do when put into the blood armor.

Finally, server consensus says Sigil of Air is the most fun thing in minecraft right now.

I like the suggestion, and will work on getting it in. It will, however, most likely occur after most of the T5 information is written up and published.

And yeah, the Air Sigil is a ton of fun, as is the Ritual of Speed.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
I like the suggestion, and will work on getting it in. It will, however, most likely occur after most of the T5 information is written up and published.

And yeah, the Air Sigil is a ton of fun, as is the Ritual of Speed.
Off the top of my head:

Air Sigil: Negates falling damage (no annoying ouch noise either)
Lava Sigil: Fire protection
Water Sigil: Water breathing
Divination Sigil: Night Vision
Sigil of Haste: Increases speed and jump height. Gives 1 block height stairs style movement.
Sigil of Magnetism: 7 block range item vacuum

Cannot be put in armor =(
Sigil of Elemental Affinity

Haven't tried the other sigils.[DOUBLEPOST=1391628987][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the inks have a durability bar of 10 uses, but after they go to 0 you can spent LP at a really low cost to refill them.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't tried the other sigils.[DOUBLEPOST=1391628987][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the inks have a durability bar of 10 uses, but after they go to 0 you can spent LP at a really low cost to refill them.
How? Does it happen automagically or do you just shove them back in the altar?

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Just right click them on empty air. Found this out after I made another set of inks =X

I think it cost 10 LP per charge.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Also the inks have a durability bar of 10 uses, but after they go to 0 you can spent LP at a really low cost to refill them.

This is news to me. I've right clicked numerous times on the air and had nothing happen, other than the first click binding them to me.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
This is news to me. I've right clicked numerous times on the air and had nothing happen, other than the first click binding them to me.
Might be a new thing, I manually added the latest Blood Magic to the Monster pack. Will check when I get off work.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Sigil of Air is most fun, definately.
Least fun? So easy to right click with a bound pickaxe....in a basement base made of stone. Can not stress enough to be wary of those tools, but, the armor inhibitor also inhibits their beast mode.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Least fun? So easy to right click with a bound pickaxe....in a basement base made of stone. Can not stress enough to be wary of those tools

Try mining with the pickaxe. It's a good way to both mine out everything very fast, and fill your entire inventory in seconds.

Reactions: SawBlade

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Try mining with the pickaxe. It's a good way to both mine out everything very fast, and fill your entire inventory in seconds.
Oh I use it for two things...very carefully. The Deep Dark for ore and the nether for netherrack. Sooo much netherrack...like 10k in 10 minutes. Also lava and angry pigmen.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Can you step up one block high inclines? I noticed in my testing that the haste sigil didn't appear to make me faster, but I was able to go up one block inclines.

Yeah, I'm able to go up inclines just fine. The only thing missing is speed. The haste rune has seemed to work in videos I've seen on YouTube, but it looks like I'm not the only one who's having this problem. I'm kind of disappointed, after spending all that time and effort farming blood shards, filling sockets, and making master blood orbs.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm able to go up inclines just fine. The only thing missing is speed. The haste rune has seemed to work in videos I've seen on YouTube, but it looks like I'm not the only one who's having this problem. I'm kind of disappointed, after spending all that time and effort farming blood shards, filling sockets, and making master blood orbs.
Ritual of Unbinding, lets you break down your bound armor to its original components. You can then re-bind it again later with different sigils, etc.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Ritual of Unbinding, lets you break down your bound armor to its original components. You can then re-bind it again later with different sigils, etc.

I'm well aware, but without the speed boost from the haste rune, blood armor just isn't worth wearing for me. Sure, it makes me essentially invulnerable, but my set of fully enchanted thaumium armor and Haste III Boots of the Traveller already lets me facetank the Wither, and the lifesteal on my sword lets me heal what meager damage I do take. It's just not worth giving up so much speed for such a marginal benefit.

Also, blood armor kinda looks like poop. I'm not gonna run around in that unless I have a damn good reason to.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I'm well aware, but without the speed boost from the haste rune, blood armor just isn't worth wearing for me. Sure, it makes me essentially invulnerable, but my set of fully enchanted thaumium armor and Haste III Boots of the Traveller already lets me facetank the Wither, and the lifesteal on my sword lets me heal what meager damage I do take. It's just not worth giving up so much speed for such a marginal benefit.

Also, blood armor kinda looks like poop. I'm not gonna run around in that unless I have a damn good reason to.
Blame Pahimar, it's his Red Matter Armour texture :p

So, you get the Boost Effect, yet no speed boost? Have you tried sprinting, etc, to reset it?

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh I didn't like the haste myself, due to it being too fast. I was zipping around, hard to grab ladders, etc. I prefer it on a sigil so it's on and off when needed without having to inhibit my whole set of armor. Now...if it activated on sprint only...that I could handle.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Blame Pahimar, it's his Red Matter Armour texture :p

So, you get the Boost Effect, yet no speed boost? Have you tried sprinting, etc, to reset it?

I can also confirm this. I do receive the step bonus, but no speed boost. Sprinting, as well as re-equiping the armor, does not fix it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@WayofTime I can also confirm CodaPDX's last statement. Running a modified DW20 modpack with Blood Magic 0.7.2a added (as well as others, I can provide a list if it'll help), and the effect is displayed, however only grants the step increase.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
@WayofTime I can also confirm CodaPDX's last statement. Running a modified DW20 modpack with Blood Magic 0.7.2a added (as well as others, I can provide a list if it'll help), and the effect is displayed, however only grants the step increase.
Does the TPPI pack have an item that also grants a speed buff? My tick handler resets the buff every tick's end, and if another mod for some reason resets the speed at the beginning of a tick that would explain a lot.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Does the TPPI pack have an item that also grants a speed buff? My tick handler resets the buff every tick's end, and if another mod for some reason resets the speed at the beginning of a tick that would explain a lot.

I'm not sure, as I honestly don't know what TPPI is.