Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Question = I've been in a pack before where the WAILA thing told what mining level a block needed. So you'd look at a block, and under it it will say "mining level: tin" or something like that.
What mod does this? Or is it a setting in WAILA?
I've look all throughout WAILA and the different NEI stuff, and I can't find it. I'd love to have that again but have no idea what does it.
Thanks for the help!
Walia Harvestbility.

Reactions: Cosmology27

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm trying to get my Well of Suffering working. Bound my Ritual Diviner and Weak Activation Crystal to me and placed my 36 Ritual Stones and activated it. It will hurt the mobs I have around it, but won't put any LP into the altar that is nearby. Altar is 5 blocks above the Master Ritual Stone(tried it higher, still didn't work). I've tried activating it several times and I have always had more than 50000 LP in my network.

Any suggestions? I was able to build it fine on my SSP test world and get it working, very frustrated after a few hours of messing about.

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
It is Tier 4.

EDIT: Running DW20 1.7.10 , the first official release if that would matter. Also I'm on a server.

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
*shrugs* not played the pack. But I would have to ask, a screenshot?

I would assume there is something wrong, but I wouldn't know what without seeing it... or if it is a public server I could come look

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
can anyone help i have 16BG RAM computer and the luancher will only let me use 3.75 of it

You don't want to use more than 4GB anyway... Java can't handle the overhead memory management with Minecraft using more, and will start lagging and using more and more memory as time goes on.

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get Retrogen to work (COFH) with tinkers, galacticraft and AE.

I'm using the core pack for FTB Lite 2, but have been adding mods as I have more confidence in my computer's ability to Minecraft. However, a side effect of this is that I'm missing ores from the aforementioned mods, mainly Aluminium and Quartz.

Using Mystcraft I can just create a new age, however, I would rather stay in my nice and stable overworld. I have enabled retrogen in CoFHWorld.cfg, AppliedEnergistics.cfg, and made sure all the ores available in CoFHWorld-Generation.cfg are allowing RetroGen. The console spams that new ores are being generated, but when cheating in a digital miner and setting it to the ore dictionary for both aluminium and quartz, it showed that there was nothing to mine.

Any suggestions on who to get this to work?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need to add the ores to cofh's world gen config.
Either that or see if there is a retro gen option in the configs for the new mods you added

BennyBoB

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
does anyone of you know, if an
Intel Core i7-4510U (2x 2.00GHz) + 8GB DDR3 + NVIDIA GeForce 820M, 2GB
is capable of playing the DW20 1.7.10 Pack in low/mid settings nearly smoothly? (server in my local network)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running both the server and playing on it, you may encounter issues, depending on how many people play on the server

Reactions: BennyBoB

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok. Well you should be able to run it smoothly then :)
Dunno about how well the server will handle it though, but if it is similar specs to your PC you should be fine ;)

Reactions: BennyBoB

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry orchard. What am I doing wrong, got the right setup for the board, got cherry and (extra trees) orchard apple trees. farm valve hooked up to an enderio reservoir and a half stack of fertilizer in it. The trees for it have been grown and ripening for days. Yet unless i use bone meal on them nothing happens.