Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry orchard. What am I doing wrong, got the right setup for the board, got cherry and (extra trees) orchard apple trees. farm valve hooked up to an enderio reservoir and a half stack of fertilizer in it. The trees for it have been grown and ripening for days. Yet unless i use bone meal on them nothing happens.
Which Forestry version do you have? There's a bug in an older version where the fruit doesn't ripen. I think it's fixed in 3.1.1.253.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Which Forestry version do you have? There's a bug in an older version where the fruit doesn't ripen. I think it's fixed in 3.1.1.253.
1.7.10- 3.1.1.4 I'll update and see if that fixes it. Thanks

Edit:strange, Apparently the unstable versions use a different numbering convention than stable. I updated to the build from last night and loading the world up now. Glad to know it was a bug and not me going crazy. I was about to a screw it and make my multifarm an arboretum (which I think one will be starting soon. I love that walnut and Apple combination.)

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I still have tons of apples left from my oak farm before I switched to ethanol power, but I too am gonna set up an orchard soon, once I breed the uber lemon tree.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I still have tons of apples left from my oak farm before I switched to ethanol power, but I too am gonna set up an orchard soon, once I breed the uber lemon tree.
I don't care about the apples so much as i like the look of the Apple wood from extra trees.

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
I've slowly started looking into RotaryCraft, and find it quite an intriguing mod. However, trying to work out the practical stuff, progression in a tech tree, useful layouts and stuff like that is a little tricky. Can anybody recommend a good Let's Play where somebody utilize RotaryCraft (and/or ReactorCraft) in their adventure?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've slowly started looking into RotaryCraft, and find it quite an intriguing mod. However, trying to work out the practical stuff, progression in a tech tree, useful layouts and stuff like that is a little tricky. Can anybody recommend a good Let's Play where somebody utilize RotaryCraft (and/or ReactorCraft) in their adventure?
I'd check out Ausyarr. Also, feel free to ask for help with anything on these forums! Reika is very active here. I know quite a bit about it as well(gonna be documenting it on the wiki as soon as its speed issues are fixed.)

Reactions: Codraroll

L0neGamer

Jul 29, 2019
You probably need to add the ores to cofh's world gen config.
Either that or see if there is a retro gen option in the configs for the new mods you added

I've checked for those mods, and it seems that in the COFH World Gen config (http://pastebin.com/HmGJtbUw) there is already an option for them. I have also checked through the other mod's retrogen options, and anywhere it says gen, generation or retro I've made sure it is turned on.

Any ideas?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Look on the right layers. For example:

1. I:MaxY=45
  2. I:MinY=4
That is aluminium. You need to look between y 4 - 45

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The could be a lot of issues:
bad potion effects
explosions